Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Architects are one of those bands that always sound amazing until the singing starts. The singer can sing it's just that it goes from this amazing sound to stereotypical metalcore

Oddly enough though, every time I've seen them live (only a couple of times at festivals) they always sound excellent live. And their music isn't totally terrible. Most of it is good, it's just that the metalcore sound ruins it and this new track is basically lovey dovey, Amity Affliction style metalcore.
Tell me about it. The first thing I ever heard was this song and I was about to by a ticket to the full ride..

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tell a lie. I had heard them when they were a mathy band but they weren't any good at it.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
@el magic

Still messing around with recording? I 'acquired' the Joey Sturgis Toneforge collection. The Jason Richardson set up is pretty fucking good.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@el magic

Still messing around with recording? I 'acquired' the Joey Sturgis Toneforge collection. The Jason Richardson set up is pretty fucking good.
Sick dude. I actually picked up a guitar on Friday for the first time in probs 3 months lol. Between renovating and work I haven't had anytime.

It sucks cos It felt like I picked it up for the first time ever. Completely lost my chops

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone digging the new Queens of the stone age record? Fuck it's good. Can't stop listening to it.

Fucking keen for Friday. Fooies plus caligulas horse. What a day

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any fans of Cormorant here? I picked this up last night and it's sexy as fuck. Just over an hour long and only 4 songs too so it takes a bit of patience but it's a very rewarding listen

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Any fans of Cormorant here? I picked this up last night and it's sexy as fuck. Just over an hour long and only 4 songs too so it takes a bit of patience but it's a very rewarding listen
Never heard of them. Listening to it now. Have to say it's pretty good. Blackmosphere with a little swing.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fucking love lionize!

New Queens of the stone age album is fucking brilliant. Gonna be hard to top for album of the year imo
Listened to a few songs so far and don't mind it at all.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
New Living Colour is also getting a decent spin.