Premium Member
Reaction score
Any **** going to the roots tour ?
Ive never been so unexcited for a show in my life

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fucking love lionize!

New Queens of the stone age album is fucking brilliant. Gonna be hard to top for album of the year imo
AOTY at the moment is a toss up between Woe's Hope Attrition and Sólstafir's Berdreyminn for mine.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
More new shit

Decent new folk metal album

and new Caligula's Horse

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
And for the people who like the chilled shit. Oddly enough I've actually really been digging this album even though it's pretty far out of my normal listening

Some Commie rap metal too

And Hardcore stylings of Comeback Kid

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think my favourite of 2017 has to be "Mors Principium Est - Embers of the Dying World"

That said, it hasn't been the best year for album releases

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
New Arch Enemy album is pretty good. They also announced that they'll be touring Australia next year. No dates set yet though.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@el magic

Still messing around with recording? I 'acquired' the Joey Sturgis Toneforge collection. The Jason Richardson set up is pretty fucking good.
Dude I decided I need to get off my arse and get back into playing.

I've got a baby on the way so I needed a rig that can be used with headphones.
I picked up a line 6 hd500x. Just gotta find a powered speaker or some new studio monitors to run it through. Keen to get it set up. Need to get an ibanez now lol

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dude I decided I need to get off my arse and get back into playing.

I've got a baby on the way so I needed a rig that can be used with headphones.
I picked up a line 6 hd500x. Just gotta find a powered speaker or some new studio monitors to run it through. Keen to get it set up. Need to get an ibanez now lol
Nice board, I picked up a pair of 4.5" presonus Eris studio monitors for $279. Pretty well rated and so far so good. I also use AKG headphones.

Line 6 just released the Helix as a plugin aswell if you're that way inclined. The board is over a grand, plugin will cost 299 for all the same shit. You can do a 15 day trial with it. I have an Amplifi but for heavy tones Line 6 is pretty garbage for me.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Arcturus and Blood Incantation ruled last night. Definitely check out BI if you like weird spaced out death metal

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice board, I picked up a pair of 4.5" presonus Eris studio monitors for $279. Pretty well rated and so far so good. I also use AKG headphones.

Line 6 just released the Helix as a plugin aswell if you're that way inclined. The board is over a grand, plugin will cost 299 for all the same shit. You can do a 15 day trial with it. I have an Amplifi but for heavy tones Line 6 is pretty garbage for me.
I nearly went the helix, couldn't justify the coin but. I've had a Hd500 before, i don't usually like line 6 but I found the 500 sooo good. Had some sweet patches on it.

I use akg headphones too. Still tossing up between a good frfr speaker or some monitors.