Donor Awareness - Worksheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you Assassin; I do the best I can as I really believe in what these guys are trying to do, not for any other reason. Our reward will be the difference we can make for you, Drop Bear and every other person out there waiting for a chance to have a better life. I certainly count my blessings each and every day that my husband, my kids and myself have a healthy life free of the problems experienced by those waiting for a transplant ( or any other illness for that matter) and if I can give back in any way all good.

I think that a lot of people are simply scared to make the commitment by registering and making their wishes known but also a lot also don't realise that by consenting to donate organs in the event of the death of oneself or a loved one it can help in the grieving process for those left behind; well that is the way I think anyway. A nice thought to think that a little piece of us can live on and do some good.
We will get there; we just want to get it right. Big shout out to Sir Col and Drop Bear for pointing us in the right direction.

"So many people waiting and not enough people donating" sounds like a good little catchphrase to me.
It's going to be very difficult for me next time the Eels vs Dogs. I think I'll have to sit quietly in the corner that day because I won't know who to cheer for. Thank you Dogluva and I agree 100% with Assassin. I have no doubt your husband knows he is one lucky bloke!! As for Sir Col, as I said before, he is one top bloke and worth his weight in gold. Words escape me here, which for me, is a rare event, but if we can save just one person, it's all worth it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just so everyone knows we aren't doing this for fame or for donations (you all have been too kind already). We are doing this to raise awareness with hopefully the help of the Dogs and Eels and maybe the nrl.

I've seen first hand kids waiting for transplants and I couldn't take it.

If there is any way you guys can help we would appreciate it. If you guys aren't donors then at least please consider it. You never know, you might need a transplant one day (God forbid)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS we have to think of a catch phrase that will stick.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you Steve Kerslake. Steve has just sent me a heap of facts and figures which I have forwarded to Col, from the Kidney Support Network.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I've been in the wars the last week, but back on my feet. Firing off a letter to John Boulous at the Eels today to gauge interest.

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
dogluva also in the wars but has penned a brilliant letter for Raelene which I think she will send pretty soon.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
dogluva also in the wars but has penned a brilliant letter for Raelene which I think she will send pretty soon.
At approximately 5-05pm today hit the send button and correspondence off to Raelene Castle. Keeping fingers crossed in the hope she and the club can help us make this Jersey Day round/game a reality.

Boys I am willing this to happen and a big shout out to Sir Col, Drop Bear and of course Assassin. This one is for you fellas.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thank you Dogluva and to everyone involved.

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Awesome work to all involved.

Pity the media would rather focus on the bad.
It ain't over yet Mr I. Got a couple of journos on side so we will see where it goes.
Also still got our guy over on 1EE who got the story in one or two of the local rags around Parra.
Very busy behind the scenes. LOL

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It ain't over yet Mr I. Got a couple of journos on side so we will see where it goes.
Also still got our guy over on 1EE who got the story in one or two of the local rags around Parra.
Very busy behind the scenes. LOL

good job sir!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Had a good visit to Sydney to see our family dentist who has confirmed that my daughters and I have passed our dental check with flying colours. No sign of Souffsitis; all teeth present and accounted for.Lol.

As my dentist was finishing up the treatment he made the comment to me" Guess who I will be seeing immediately after you" Mouth full of instruments and water etc; I could not really answer him but sort of shrugged my shoulders.

Now I know full well he is the Canterbury club dentist and he is the player sponsor for Jersey 11, so obviously it was someone associated with the club. When I could actually acknowledge him verbally I asked " Player?"

"Uh uh" was the reply and before I could say anything else he blurted out.." Boss lady"

My eyes lit up and I asked him if he would mind me grabbing her prior to her appointment and speaking to her for a moment.

So as I was paying the bill, in walks.... Raelene. As I held the door open for her she acknowledged me, smiled and said '"Why hello, how are you?" (a semblance of recognition perhaps in her eyes?)

Now she did not know me by name before, but she does now ( silly me; I had never ever mentioned it the previous times we had spoken ) but when I spoke of the email, the contents and from whom it originated ( even the Forster bit)she acknowledged that yes, she had indeed received it. She assured me she will email me back as soon as she has had the opportunity to fully look at it and see what could be done.

Mentioned Ed and Drop Bear, the full Donor awareness thing and the fact that John Boulos from Parramatta was going to also receive an email ( "Yes, I do know John")She also remembered the Kennel BBQ day. Shook hands and then she was off for her appointment. Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I know that a lot have differing opinions but I have always found her approachable, never dismissive, very passionate about the Bulldogs and always gracious. This was no exception.

How sweet is that and how spooky that she just happened to be coming in this particular day and immediately after me ( mind you I had made the appointment back in April this year). I hope that this serendipitous moment is a good omen. Anyone else believe?

ADJECTIVE

1.occurring or discovered by chance in a happy or beneficial way:
"a serendipitous encounter"

synonyms: chance · accidental · coincidental · lucky · fluky · fortuitous ·

Let's hope that this can go somewhere, no promises; but at least it is out there!

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
dogluve if the mods don't give you LEGEND status after this then I will personally have them neutered.
MODS - take a look at a LEGEND of the Kennel.
Dippity Doo Dah
Dippity Day
My oh my what a wonderful day.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That's brilliant dogluva!!!

I'm still a little on the fence tbh, after I got zero acknowledgement from her on a tweet I sent her a while back about my grandmother passing away and being a massive Bulldogs fan.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I AM SO F@CKING PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just opened up my emails and lookie here....................................................

HI Trish

Nice to see you today and many thanks for the email and attached letter.

I am a very big supporter of Organ Donation.

I am very happy to help with some communication to the NRL.

I have copied Adam Check on this email. Adam is the Head of Community for the NRL and is the best person to send your correspondence to.

Go fight the good fight.

Raelene

OMG I love that lady. True to her word she has at least pointed us in the right direction and has forwarded our email to the correct person in the NRL to deal with it. No doubt she will have put her two bob's worth in as well.

I will keep you guys apprised of any further developments in this; we have movement, let's keep it rolling.

This means that you Drop Bear may have a really good use for all the stats and communication with contacts at your end ( Kidney Australia etc.) and you Sir Col hopefully will have something back from John Boulos and your media friends.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
dogluve if the mods don't give you LEGEND status after this then I will personally have them neutered.
MODS - take a look at a LEGEND of the Kennel.
Dippity Doo Dah
Dippity Day
My oh my what a wonderful day.
Dogluva is already a Kennel legend. She is a super lady.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Had a good visit to Sydney to see our family dentist who has confirmed that my daughters and I have passed our dental check with flying colours. No sign of Souffsitis; all teeth present and accounted for.Lol.

As my dentist was finishing up the treatment he made the comment to me" Guess who I will be seeing immediately after you" Mouth full of instruments and water etc; I could not really answer him but sort of shrugged my shoulders.

Now I know full well he is the Canterbury club dentist and he is the player sponsor for Jersey 11, so obviously it was someone associated with the club. When I could actually acknowledge him verbally I asked " Player?"

"Uh uh" was the reply and before I could say anything else he blurted out.." Boss lady"

My eyes lit up and I asked him if he would mind me grabbing her prior to her appointment and speaking to her for a moment.

So as I was paying the bill, in walks.... Raelene. As I held the door open for her she acknowledged me, smiled and said '"Why hello, how are you?" (a semblance of recognition perhaps in her eyes?)

Now she did not know me by name before, but she does now ( silly me; I had never ever mentioned it the previous times we had spoken ) but when I spoke of the email, the contents and from whom it originated ( even the Forster bit)she acknowledged that yes, she had indeed received it. She assured me she will email me back as soon as she has had the opportunity to fully look at it and see what could be done.

Mentioned Ed and Drop Bear, the full Donor awareness thing and the fact that John Boulos from Parramatta was going to also receive an email ( "Yes, I do know John")She also remembered the Kennel BBQ day. Shook hands and then she was off for her appointment. Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I know that a lot have differing opinions but I have always found her approachable, never dismissive, very passionate about the Bulldogs and always gracious. This was no exception.

How sweet is that and how spooky that she just happened to be coming in this particular day and immediately after me ( mind you I had made the appointment back in April this year). I hope that this serendipitous moment is a good omen. Anyone else believe?

ADJECTIVE

1.occurring or discovered by chance in a happy or beneficial way:
"a serendipitous encounter"

synonyms: chance · accidental · coincidental · lucky · fluky · fortuitous ·

Let's hope that this can go somewhere, no promises; but at least it is out there!
Firstly, congratulations on not being a Souths supporter lol

Secondly, you're the best.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
At approximately 5-05pm today hit the send button and correspondence off to Raelene Castle. Keeping fingers crossed in the hope she and the club can help us make this Jersey Day round/game a reality.

Boys I am willing this to happen and a big shout out to Sir Col, Drop Bear and of course Assassin. This one is for you fellas.
You are greater then legend..you are a Kennel Immortal!

Status
Not open for further replies.