News DOG-FIGHT AS AFL EYES TEEN

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Surely he will go to AFL. Stronger club, stronger and more professionally run competition, more prestige.

He’d be hopping mad to stick with the Dogs.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely he will go to AFL. Stronger club, stronger and more professionally run competition, more prestige.

It a big risk in AFL draft being move interstate cap for earnings 220k until rookie contract finished. I don't think he would qualify for father son rule or Qld and NSW Aboriginal program to stay a local club at discount rate to other bidders.

Even to get in the draft he would need at least 5 nominations from AFL clubs to be bidders.

So the five year contract from the Bulldogs being offered you would think.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Good thing Woods is hopping mad and chose the inferior code, club and less prestige. You must be upset.. I eagerly await you spinning this into a negative..

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, thankfully.. Check out the thread from Cappuccino in the Bulldogs Discussion.
I wonder how long the contract is Gould mentioned a couple months ago Dogs had a five year contract waiting for him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wonder how long the contract is Gould mentioned a couple months ago Dogs had a five year contract waiting for him.
I'm not sure but he will be continually upgraded and his contract renegotiated as he hopefully progresses through the grades. I'm sure he's getting well paid compared to most other juniors and when the time comes, more years and dollars will be added. The main thing is that the AFL aren't a concern now and he can physically and mentally focus solely on the Bulldogs.

Gus has shown he'll extend and upgrade players well ahead of when their contract is up once they've proven they're worth more and he'll make Woods the priority to do the same when it's time to do so..

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good thing Woods is hopping mad and chose the inferior code, club and less prestige. You must be upset.. I eagerly await you spinning this into a negative..
Well he does sound like a used car salesperson for a car company most likely owned by Buzz.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Holdddddddd

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sure but he will be continually upgraded and his contract renegotiated as he hopefully progresses through the grades. I'm sure he's getting well paid compared to most other juniors and when the time comes, more years and dollars will be added. The main thing is that the AFL aren't a concern now and he can physically and mentally focus solely on the Bulldogs.

Gus has shown he'll extend and upgrade players well ahead of when their contract is up once they've proven they're worth more and he'll make Woods the priority to do the same when it's time to do so..
Goosbumps...In GUS we Trust !!!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Why would I be upset? I thought he would go to the Swans, because it’s a better club with a better culture that cares more about its players and it would have been a smarter career choice, but if we manage to keep him, it could be a big plus for us.

We won’t keep him if the club continues to be run this poorly, mind you.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would I be upset? I thought he would go to the Swans, because it’s a better club with a better culture that cares more about its players and it would have been a smarter career choice, but if we manage to keep him, it could be a big plus for us.

We won’t keep him if the club continues to be run this poorly, mind you.
He was not guaranteed to end up at the Swans if he went the AFL path due to their draft.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Shoulda chose afl
More money
Less injuries
Longer career