Opinion Did Dogs fans boo Hutchison

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They didnt boo, they cheered when he came off..

TBH it was a bunch of kids and morons who dont understand a thing about footy that did it.

People who know a thing or two realise thats its Hutchison's footy IQ, organisational and leadership skills which have helped grow the team to where it is today compared to last year.

Just to add, watched him defend for a while on the line the other day.. The guy directs the defensive line and reads the game REALLY WELL. He literally reads which way the hooker is going and ensures the team knows it by yelling and signaling.

Sharpest tool in the shed, just has a loose fcuking handle.

Last edited:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why would anyone want to boo Hutch? The guy was sprinting off his line in defense and putting hits on the knights when they were pegged inside their own 20m zone. One thing is sure, he’s not zippy but he is tough and fits in well with what we are trying to do.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He wasn’t boo’d, however there were some cheers when he was replaced.
This. There was a loud cheer from the Kennel area when it was announced he was being replaced. It could be interpreted as a cheer for Taffe but it appeared to be more of a reaction to Hutchinson being replaced.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or Maybe

The crowd cheered Hutchinson for the effort he put in.

And

The crowd cheered Taafe for making a comeback after being knocked out 2 weeks back.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I didn’t hear booing, only cheering when they announced the change.

There were a few groans and sighs every time he got tackled on the 4th though, which seemed to get a little louder each time it happened.
It did happen a LOT! Modern day Tolman.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Why would anyone want to boo Hutch? The guy was sprinting off his line in defense and putting hits on the knights when they were pegged inside their own 20m zone. One thing is sure, he’s not zippy but he is tough and fits in well with what we are trying to do.
Bronx cheer

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They want to take away our win, make us look bad because we are coming back and no one likes it.

I’m sure buzz played a part in this.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was in the kennel but bay 111

for people that don’t know bay 110 in Accor is the kennel and bay 111 is also the kennel however it’s less packed there, I did hear some booing which was stupid… I told everyone I was next to, his such a great defender and reason we didn’t concede many tries with hutch there.

even burto is defending amazing now.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've read a few reports now that on Sunday some of our fans booed Hutchison. If true it's a really bad look. I want him out of the team as much as anyone but that's going a bit too far. It's not like he's not trying. It's not his fault if Ciraldo keeps choosing him. How disappointing would it be trying your best and having your own fans turn on you.

I presume it happened when he came off the field. Can anyone who was there confirm and say how bad it was and the numbers involved ?

I also read when we scored the last try (largely due to Taaffe who replaced Hutcho) that Hutcho was the only one on the bench who failed to stand and cheer. IF that's true I think that's poor on his part too.
Yeah that is a bit harsh if true. He mightn't have set the comp on fire,but he doesn't deserve to be booed . . . Unlike Topine. Who should be booed whenever he leaves the house for suing the club

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Or Maybe

The crowd cheered Hutchinson for the effort he put in.

And

The crowd cheered Taafe for making a comeback after being knocked out 2 weeks back.
There was a bit of everything tbh.. but u couldn't help the murmers in thr crowd " couldn't believe I'm cheering a player for getting off "

Mind you these guys had no idea what was going on, clapping every fart and booing every ref call even if it was right.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I think it’s short sighted to boo him. Whilst Taaffe contributed to a try, did he not also lead to letting one in with best’s try? Hutchison might not be the flashiest player but he gets the fundamentals done and is probably our best defensive halfback in the squad. We have enough strike in our backline that we don’t really need a flash halfback. The combinations will improve over time if he gets a chance. I think this is a what Ciraldo is hoping to achieve.

I just think all the love for Taaffe at halfback is a bit premature based off 10mins against tiring defence when we were up by 20+

Would rather see Taaffe play 7 in nsw cup for a few games if this change was being considered
I think it's been said enough that Hutch talks on the field while Burton is still too quiet. Hutch is there to teach Burton what to do, and hopefully at some point he won't be necessary.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm a Hutch fan. I'd compare him to Adam Perry at hooker, nothing flash but goes out there to do the job instructed by the coach.
Don't insult Perry by comparing Hutchison to him. Hutchison is the worst starting halfback in the NRL. Perry didn't stiffle our attack.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Could have been booing or jeers for inside the 10? Watching the game on tv there was a hint of a boo upon Hutch being tackled but that could have been for anything, not necessarily at Hutch.

No one wearing our colours should be booed in isolation.

Conversely, if the entire team is getting lapped by 40 at halftime and there’a a clear lack thereof effort shown, no issue booing the team, players of all teams owe it to their fans to put in the effort at a minimum.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't insult Perry by comparing Hutchison to him. Hutchison is the worst starting halfback in the NRL. Perry didn't stiffle our attack.
I'm simple comparing the roles. Perry tackled his ass off and Corey Hughes came on with a bit of creativity around the ruck.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a side note Perry must've been on the Taro, those tree trunks for legs. Man he was stocky.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not the first choice half anymore but probably the best utility, still reliable.