Opinion Did Dogs fans boo Hutchison

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
he has a gun team compared to years gone by seriously if you cant see that youre missing the point ,i get not much ready at 7 yet but hes awful not even a good defender lets trys in ,anyone else is dropped
lol he built this 'gun' team from the ground up, yet he doesn't know who should be playing HB from the players available for selection? and I am missing the point? lol ok.

Crashdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
he has a gun team compared to years gone by seriously if you cant see that youre missing the point ,i get not much ready at 7 yet but hes awful not even a good defender lets trys in ,anyone else is dropped
You did see Burton’s Turnstile defence in the first half last week to let in Newcastle’s first try!!!! And Taffe’s shocking defensive lapse in the last minute to let in Newcastle’s second try!!
Drop Burton
Drop Taffe

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You did see Burton’s Turnstile defence in the first half last week to let in Newcastle’s first try!!!! And Taffe’s shocking defensive lapse in the last minute to let in Newcastle’s second try!!
Drop Burton
Drop Taffe
Comparing burton to hutch now ive heard it all

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol he built this 'gun' team from the ground up, yet he doesn't know who should be playing HB from the players available for selection? and I am missing the point? lol ok.
He built it ground up did he lol id say thats gus and most were already signed

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its simple.
Size does matter.

By having 2 big halves in Hutch and Burton, opposition players have no small guy to run to. If they look for Reed, Mann or Morrin they have another coming coz those guys dont back down and tackle well.

But in all truth, Hutch does alot of the organising off the ball. Whether its attack or defence.

I said at the start of the year, he'll be the first player picked. I even said he'd be my first pick for captain. That one didnt happen, not formally anyway.

I dont mind him straightening and going for a run every once in a while. It keeps the defence honest and stops them sliding early which sets up the next spread play. It becomes a game of chess.

Everyone thinks he has cost us points. This is not necessarily true. There is no guarantee (in fact its less than 50% chance) that if he passes, we score. I dont recall any plays in the 7 odf games where he butchered a certain try. The souths one comes to mind, but it was still not a definite try scenario. Should have passed on that occassion as it was a better option than stepping and finding Max King (of all people) in the middle.

The fact of the matter is that we are a better 80min team unit with him in the halves and im glad CC sees it the same way.
I’m definitely not condoning the booing but if you think that Hutch hasn’t cost us points then you do not watch any games. Numerous times this year he’d rush up out of the line and leave gaping holes for the opposition to score. He did it vs Souths and he also did it vs Melbourne I’m sure. His front on defence is good, but laterally or reading the play leaves a lot to be desired

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
On the flip side, you really got to feel for Oloapu. Out of all our halves he definitely has the best defence and also great potential in attack, can't help but feel if he didn't cop such a heavy injury he would've been in frontline contention for the HB spot.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the flip side, you really got to feel for Oloapu. Out of all our halves he definitely has the best defence and also great potential in attack, can't help but feel if he didn't cop such a heavy injury he would've been in frontline contention for the HB spot.
It will be 2025 before we know it. Maybe not for KO as he’s young and it’s only when you get older that the years fly past lol. But the point is, it’s already nearly May ffs so he hasn’t got too long to wait before hopefully resuming his NRL career.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It will be 2025 before we know it. Maybe not for KO as he’s young and it’s only when you get older that the years fly past lol. But the point is, it’s already nearly May ffs so he hasn’t got too long to wait before hopefully resuming his NRL career.
Sucks for the kid. But we also have so many good halves coming through in Woods and O'Neill. It's a great problem to have, but this year would've been a huge year for him to cement a spot. Hutch is mostly definitely a stop gap solution for us while we develop a proper HB to take the role, i might not agree with his selection but so far it's working and and am loving this defensive minded focus CC has for us

CC also highly rated him when he got 7 games last year. Good thing for him is he definitely has the ability to play lock and with that sort of defence he's shown and his ball playing, he's versatility will definitely help him.