Rumour Bulldogs closing in on Cam Cirald

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
It’s all speculation though my guess is that he extended last time for peanuts to his value. E.g 300k or something. Now he would command 600k+ easily.

Panthers cap is ficked completely.

That said could also be a case we try him at 1 but pay him 600-800k and make him elite centre $ (staggs is on reported 900k ffs)

Just speculation.

The article after reading it sounds like pure speculation that he would probably be our best target for what we lack and what they have off contract.

That said if we could land him, haas and a quality 7 we would have a fucking fantastic roster if we can keep producing some good kids and squad players like king; rfm, Sutton etc on reasonable contracts.

We urgently need a 7 and a dominate forward to lead upfront. Kikau and tpj will be plenty to help but that prop like haas is a big target for me.

7 is a must and as I said a strike centre like Crichton would really round our roster out.

Early days but for a bit of fun :

1. Jake/Crichton
2. Jac
3. Crichton/schoup
4. Almoiti/karaz/casey
5. Kiraz/casey
6. Burton
7. ????
8. Haas/tapine some prop leader to replace Thompson
9. Mahoney
10. King
11. Kikau
12. Jacko/sutton/rfm
13. Tpj

14. Whoever that isn’t 12
15. Whoever that isn’t 12
16. Morrin
17. Hopefully pele/hunt someone who can be that big body impact bench player.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we signed Crichton it'd be for fullback because we'd have to pay fullback money to get him away from Panther. With how Averillo's going not sure we need to spend close to 1m on a fullback anymore. He'd be a good addition tho but I think we can spend the money a bit more wisely now elsewhere.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What do you think? Obviously a lot of filling in blanks and guess work - but I doubt we pay big money for him to play centre and if we aren't going to pay big money then why would he come here to play centre?
It's probably made up, like you said he's going to cost big money to pinch from Penrith and that's money that could be better spent elsewhere. He also got exposed in SOO like a lot of the Panther boys so I doubt he even worth the money we'd have to pay.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If all of Penrith were bulldogs players we would be as successful under potter,look at the cattle in that squad?
Anyway we will find soon enough in 2023 if ciraldo can coach 6 weeks is more than enough to see what he can do.
Fair enough.
6 weeks?
Thats 4 more than most on The Kennel

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It’s all speculation though my guess is that he extended last time for peanuts to his value. E.g 300k or something. Now he would command 600k+ easily.

That said could also be a case we try him at 1 but pay him 600-800k and make him elite centre $ (staggs is on reported 900k ffs)

Just speculation.

The article after reading it sounds like pure speculation that he would probably be our best target for what we lack and what they have off contract.
Crichton already on big money for a centre. I think it'd take 900k to get him away from Panther.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Crichton already on big money for a centre. I think it'd take 900k to get him away from Panther.
Yeh I wouldn’t want that. Unless he was an elite fullback. 600/800k maybe if it was 100/200k outside cap.

I’d rather throw a mil at latrell.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you think we can afford Crichton you’re taking the piss

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Just speculation.

That said if we could land him, haas and a quality 7 we would have a fucking fantastic roster if we can keep producing some good kids and squad players like king; rfm, Sutton etc on reasonable contracts.

We urgently need a 7 and a dominate forward to lead upfront. Kikau and tpj will be plenty to help but that prop like haas is a big target for me.

7 is a must and as I said a strike centre like Crichton would really round our roster out.

Early days but for a bit of fun :

1. Jake/Crichton
2. Jac
3. Crichton/schoup
4. Almoiti/karaz/casey
5. Kiraz/casey
6. Burton
7. ????
8. Haas/tapine some prop leader to replace Thompson
9. Mahoney
10. King
11. Kikau
12. Jacko/sutton/rfm
13. Tpj

14. Whoever that isn’t 12
15. Whoever that isn’t 12
16. Morrin
17. Hopefully pele/hunt someone who can be that big body impact bench player.
He's already on 600k, previous reports claimed the Dolphins were offering him 850k.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeh no chance we get Crichton. Would be a huge waste of money at centre with the likes of Kiraz, Alamoti, Schoupp on good deals. And Avo has a higher upside at fullback anyway

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If you think we can afford Crichton you’re taking the piss
It’s for 24 mate. It’s reported we have 7.5mil to spend for 24. Our roster is basically all gone (all the duds for sure) think it’s Jac, Burton, tpj, kikau, Mahoney, schooup, king and kiraz under contract then. We can afford anyone for 24. I’d say for 24 we will see 2 big names added at least and some very handy players too. That’s why our team would be very attractive to coach’s moving forward.

Next year we still have Allen; Flanagan, Thompson, Waddell, jacko eating cap that is disgraceful.

Though again I think that article is just pure speculation on who they have off the books and what position we need badly.

If we didn’t have Mahoney and api was off I’d say it would be linked to him. Martin, to’o whoever else off too though I don’t think we are in urgent need of these guys with Jac, kiraz, kikau tpj etc.

berryboy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You can't buy a premiership with top coaches and million dollar players. I'd like to see the team and coach we have now, include next years Mahoney and Kikau, and bond it together till it starts to bleed wins. No million dollar miracles.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday it was Brooks Doueihi or Hastings I would rather one of them

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Possibly Doueihi at FB not sure about Hastings and definitely no way Brooks

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Actually if anyone would know if this has any legs @Bulldogsteve is it. He has genuine connections to someone at panthers roster and proved that with his mail before.