Rumour Bulldogs closing in on Cam Cirald

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Arthur was shopped to us so he was never an option
Fitler was a David Holland special so that was never happening
Flanno was the mail when Baz was first sacked but then that died down when he started publicly begging for the job
Ciraldo seems to be the only legit mail we have had regarding the coach
You get 4 ticks without elaborating about S. Flanagan.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Loled at his first caption, and that was enough for me and closed it. Admire the passion but who has the time to be that bothered to create a video. If Gus thinks ciraldo is the man then so be it
Thats it.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Penrith set up all their assistants to sabotage other clubs when they move on,any club with those same players would be successful it’s a no brainer.
I still prefer potter ,we all new also furner was part of Barrett’s dud brigade,I’m sure we can save money by retaining potter as coach.
Seriously what has ciraldo done to show he can coach?
Are you saying if Baz coached Penrith last 3 seasons they would have the same success?

edit - sorry I should have said Do you think if if Baz coached Penrith last 3 seasons they would have the same success?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Id rather Potter..so far he’s done a great job..
All I ever expected the last 3 years was improvement. We didnt until Potter and there is data to back that up.
Players are more disiplined, we dont seem to be playing our usual dumb brand of footy. There is also selection. I honsestly dont know who has been responsible for dumping Duffman, Ok and moving Jake to FB)
Will be interesting to see how we perform for the rest of the year.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Arthur was shopped to us so he was never an option
Fitler was a David Holland special so that was never happening
Flanno was the mail when Baz was first sacked but then that died down when he started publicly begging for the job
Ciraldo seems to be the only legit mail we have had regarding the coach
My post was actually a less than obvious joke. I've made similar jokes in the past when players we were supposedly signing according to media speculation didn't eventuate. I think it's best not to think too much into media speculation. They're not paid for accurate reporting these days. Speculation earns them the same money as fact.

In the end I see the big difference between potentially signing Ciraldo compared to the signing of T-Baz was that Barrett had shown at Manly that with a decent roster, that he hadn't done much with it. Ciraldo has only had an interim role, and I personally don't know how he went with that interim role. But until the club officials announce a coach signature I'll hold off my judgement.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you saying if Baz coached Penrith last 3 seasons they would have the same success?

edit - sorry I should have said Do you think if if Baz coached Penrith last 3 seasons they would have the same success?
Even with Baz as coach at Penrith they would be dominating. The development and junior pathways. Along with junior numbers they are setup for continuous success. Look at Cleary’s record before going back there. He isn’t anything special as a coach.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So Bellamy it isn't :unamused:
But being a defense oriented coach I can see Ciraldo succeeding if a good attacking assistant joins him.
Could that be The Wizard ?
Who's the wizard? Jonathan Davies or Gary Freeman?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
can't be bothered reading the same things over and over again... so apologies if already been said.

we need to stop comparing Ciraldo to Baz. the only similarity is they came from the same successful system.

The differences though are massive. If Ciraldo gets a chance to show what he is made of, well he may be successful. but the likelihood of him being a failure has nothing to do with Baz.

Baz was a failure of a head coach before he went back to Panthers. His failure can be understood based on his previous behaviour.

Another factor, successful players don't make great coaches. I have found that has to do with talent. Great players have the talent, and it comes a little easier. Just First grade players that don't set the world on fire have to understand the game from every angle, to get those opportunities to play first grade. That in their playing career can only help when becoming a coach. Wayne Bennett, Craig Bellamy they were not super star players. Also why Andrew John's would be a shit coach.

Name one superstar player that became a super coach?
Wayne Bennett played for Queensland & Australia, Norm Provan played for NSW & Australia, Jack Rayner played for NSW & Australia, Ken Kearney played for NSW & Australia...

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Same lol, look what 1 person just said.

I heard we are looking at kurtis Morrin, credence toia, and Gus looking to offload schoupp to make way for Alamoti and Okunbor , who parra knocked back recently, he is also looking to offload Isaac lumelume, who was recently linked to titans but deal fell through.As for who he would want from us, who knows.
LOL Offload Schoupp to keep Okunbor! Good one.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, seems like this is happening. I feel very whelmed if it's true. Would rather Potsy stayed on as head coach. Love him and his no nonsense approach. Love the style of footy we've been playing under him and his press appearances. We've scored some of our best tries in a very long time since he took over. And a really big factor of his that I like, is he's a Bulldogs legend! Not many of them around who are coaching.

Penrith fans are gonna be more insufferable than usual if we sign another assistant coach from there. Fark, it's gonna suck so bad It was bad enough getting Baz, Naden, Burton and Kikau. Now we take another coach?! When we have a great option staring in our faces! Mick is even now saying he'd like to stay on even if he's just an assistant! He clearly loves being around the joint, since he got the call up.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
All I ever expected the last 3 years was improvement. We didnt until Potter and there is data to back that up.
Players are more disiplined, we dont seem to be playing our usual dumb brand of footy. There is also selection. I honsestly dont know who has been responsible for dumping Duffman, Ok and moving Jake to FB)
Will be interesting to see how we perform for the rest of the year.
100%

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Payten and Fitzgibbon were recently unproven assistant coaches and both of their teams are in the top 4. Payten had previously done a good job as an interim coach at the Warriors..

Ciraldo has been chased by numerous clubs and is highly rated across the board. He's the one Cleary chose to be lead assistant and coach when Ivan has missed games, not Baz.. No one was chasing Baz or Pay when we signed them. Numerous clubs were chasing Fitzgibbon... For those reasons I'm hopeful Ciraldo is more like Payten and Fitzgibbon..
Cowboys & Sharks had a FAR better roster than we have. That makes it easier for a rookie coach.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mick asked his thoughts

*If it's Ciraldo, Mick would still love to stay on
*He'd still like the head coach himself

I hope we keep him on if we do choose someone else as head coach, although that could potentially cause problems
All class from potter really enjoy watching his press conference or mid week media his actually really well spoken and seems laid back and very honest.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cowboys & Sharks had a FAR better roster than we have. That makes it easier for a rookie coach.
This time last year none of us were thinking the Cowboys had a great roster. No one was expecting Dearden and Nanai to make Origin.. They've improved because of coaching and fitness and now look like a great squad with rep players debuting this year as a reward for their form..

We have a good squad with Burton, Fox, Kikau, Mahoney, TPJ, King, Kiraz etc. Potter has already gotten massive improvement out of the team. If he coached to start the season then we'd be a top 8 chance. Ciraldo is more of a long term option and could get the squad playing to its potential the way Payten has with the Cowboys.