Be honest: Manly lost this game more than we won it

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
How funny were the fox sports commentators when Manly got that Try where he was flying through the air over the corner disallowed. They sounded dirty that the ref would even dare go to the video at all. I think someone said "I'm not quite sure why they are checking this"..

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
How funny were the fox sports commentators when Manly got that Try where he was flying through the air over the corner disallowed. They sounded dirty that the ref would even dare go to the video at all. I think someone said "I'm not quite sure why they are checking this"..
Sadly, at the ground I had those idiots from Ch 9 in the sportsears. Fair dinkum between Freddy and Joey you would think there was only one team out there yesterday and it wasn't us. Every mistake we made was the worst possible thing that could happen and every thing that went against Manly was unbelievable. It took them until about the 60th min to acknowledge we were the better side. Just reminded me why I never watch Ch 9 anymore.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sadly, at the ground I had those idiots from Ch 9 in the sportsears. Fair dinkum between Freddy and Joey you would think there was only one team out there yesterday and it wasn't us. Every mistake we made was the worst possible thing that could happen and every thing that went against Manly was unbelievable. It took them until about the 60th min to acknowledge we were the better side. Just reminded me why I never watch Ch 9 anymore.
Was the same on Fox TBH

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Manly were diabolical

Dogs were shit

The shit team won

Fuck Des and Dib off

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Thats because we played shit and the commentators acknowledged it. That was a boring reserve grade game.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Was the same on Fox TBH
You're probably right, but at least on Fox they tend to talk more about the actual footy whereas those plonkers on Ch 9 just dribble about stuff that has nothing to do with it. Its why I gave up on the footy show over 20 years ago. I really don't need to see a couple of bent nose fools trotting around in a dress.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You're probably right, but at least on Fox they tend to talk more about the actual footy whereas those plonkers on Ch 9 just dribble about stuff that has nothing to do with it. Its why I gave up on the footy show over 20 years ago. I really don't need to see a couple of bent nose fools trotting around in a dress.
Shits me to tears. They stop watching the game and ramble on about random pointless stuff.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
After the shit fight season we have had, great to see the place pull itself up and construct a win, why take the gloss off it with insult?

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Still my all time favourite channel 9 Bulldogs moment was a Friday night game years and years ago against Broncos in Brisbane. Some of the details might be slightly off as it was ages ago but anyway In the preview there was things said like: "As a Bulldogs fan you are gunna see plenty of points tonight Just not from blue and white jerseys ha ha ha ha" And "Hold on Doggies this is going to be a looooong night". Fatty or someone says "Bulldogs are gooorn" in that stupid voice with the head wobble and everyone in the box are sniggering and laughing ect.

Anyway game starts, we get points put on us but make a comeback to get to within 2 I think and we are looking dangerous. At this point the absolute unashamed hate and one sidedness coming from the commentary with I think Lockyer and definitely Wally was crazy. My then GF now missus didn't know anything about footy back then and actually asked: Ohhh I get it they are allowed to have their own home commentator if it's your own home game or something?? Ha ha

So it gets down to the last 30 seconds and we have what looks like to be an overlap and Rabs is going wild building it up and all the other Chanel 9 guys are screaming and carrying on and you actually hear someone scream NOOOO! When we go to throw that last pass that would probably put us in space and over to win and that's when they intercept (I can't even remember who) and as the Broncos player is tearing down the field for a game ending miricle try you actually have Wally Lewis in the back ground as clear as any one else screaming GOOOW GOOOW GOOOW GOOOWW YOUWWW BEWDYYYYY! WOOOO HE HE HE HAAAA!

Everyone in the box are cackling and laughing and extatic and I just turn to my GF and say what the actual Fu@k are you serious are you hearing this... she was like can they do that? I was like well they just f-ing did. I didn't watch the post game but i couldn't even imagine...

It was like watching the game in the lounge room of a couple of Broncos fans.

Last edited:

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still my all time favourite channel 9 Bulldogs moment was a Friday night game years and years ago against Broncos in Brisbane. Some of the details might be slightly off as it was ages ago but anyway In the preview there was things said like: "As a Bulldogs fan you are gunna see plenty of points tonight Just not from blue and white jerseys ha ha ha ha" And "Hold on Doggies this is going to be a looooong night". Fatty or someone says "Bulldogs are gooorn" in that stupid voice with the head wobble and everyone in the box are sniggering and laughing ect.

Anyway game starts, we get points put on us but make a comeback to get to within 2 I think and we are looking dangerous. At this point the absolute unashamed hate and one sidedness coming from the commentary with I think Lockyer and definitely Wally was crazy. My then GF now missus didn't know anything about footy back then and actually asked: Ohhh I get it they are allowed to have their own home commentator if it's your own home game or something?? Ha ha

So it gets down to the last 30 seconds and we have what looks like to be an overlap and Rabs is going wild building it up and all the other Chanel 9 guys are screaming and carrying on and you actually hear someone scream NOOOO! When we go to throw that last pass that would probably put us in space and over to win and that's when they intercept (I can't even remember who) and as the Broncos player is tearing down the field for a game ending miricle try you actually have Wally Lewis in the back ground as clear as any one else screaming GOOOW GOOOW GOOOW GOOOWW YOUWWW BEWDYYYYY! WOOOO HE HE HE HAAAA!

Everyone in the box are cackling and laughing and extatic and I just turn to my GF and say what the actual Fu@k are you serious are you hearing this... she was like can they do that? I was like well they just f-ing did. I didn't watch the post game but i couldn't even imagine...

It was like watching the game in the lounge room of a couple of Broncos fans.
The way that Fatty, Wally and Lockyer carry on, you'd think that if it was possible, they'd have sex with the colour maroon.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
forwards made good yardage and halves moved the ball a lot better. looks like they been working on basic passing with speed left to right and hitting the man on the chest in front. beside that we ran harder and tackled harder.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
forwards made good yardage and halves moved the ball a lot better. looks like they been working on basic passing with speed left to right and hitting the man on the chest in front. beside that we ran harder and tackled harder.
there were so many bad passes yesterday it wasnt funny

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Na we were actually much improved. Hopoate threw a nice cut out pass for 2 tries and he had good service from his inside
yeah improved from worse to bad. passes straight to ground, forward out of the hands, out the back to no one. i must have been watching something else. hoppa was good though doubled his try assists for the year

silva

Utility
Reaction score
yeah improved from worse to bad. passes straight to ground, forward out of the hands, out the back to no one. i must have been watching something else. hoppa was good though doubled his try assists for the year
how bout the bmoz try in the 2nd half pretty good hands in that one. I think ur being a bit dramatic

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have a serapax and go to bed. The rest of us will give credit where its due and enjoy a rare win. A good win by the boys and some nice tries.
Hallelujah, TF for that!!! Hope he takes your advice Magilla, can you imagine having to listen to than every morning FFS

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So much for the efforts of those 2 Ex Bulldog players Lard Ass Perret and String Bean Lane lol

Status
Not open for further replies.