Be honest: Manly lost this game more than we won it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I guess what really pisses me off about our team is how it takes a massive failure on behalf of our opposition before we puff our chest out and play with some pride and actually win a game!

Seriously what I am saying is the only way we are capable of putting ANY points on the board is through either Jmoz, Brenko or Jackson creating an overlap and putting BMoz or Montoya in and most teams are WELL AWARE of that but Manly are particularly weak to that. They lead the league in missed tackles (mainly in the mid). We did well to exploit it I guess. But what pisses me off a bit is how Mybe and Lichaa puff their chest out and take on the line once we are in front but once be are behind they go missing so badly.
For farkkkk sake we won. Who cares how why etc. They played with pride and played well.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We only scored due to Manlys poor errors in defense, nothing else. Those cut out passes by Hoppa were fuckin shit and easy to contain but manlys left edge were woeful. If Manly didnt let in those tries then no way we would have been ahead by that much. We had nothing else to offer in attack.. Zilch zero

But our defense won us that game, and our forwards got on top of them. DCE had a shocker today as well. Against any other opposition, no way in the world would the scoreline been that much the way we played today. Its the simple truth. I didnt even enjoy the win. Im just looking forward to season ending asap, so we can iron out issues with coach etc and start from scratch next year.
You need a serapax ss well. WE WON who gives a shit how or why. Do you think the Storm are pondering the reasons why they smashed the Knights. No they aren't. They're enjoying the win.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You need a serapax ss well. WE WON who gives a shit how or why. Do you think the Storm are pondering the reasons why they smashed the Knights. No they aren't. They're enjoying the win.

Melbourne are Minor Premiers....

We are a joke at 13th...

Stop clutching at straws, i can always send you a participation trophy for the win today...

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL don't even try to compare our win to the Storm. There's being a fan and being moron!

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
First 80min game we've played in as long as I remember.

We turned up today and made it hard for Manly. Their completion rate for the majority of the game was top class too.

If you notice the referees actually allowed the game to flow as it should. That was the major difference.

Reactions: DT

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just enjoy the win - I sure as hell did.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a rubbish excuse for a thread. It's not like Manly laid down and let us through at any stage. Every club has some weak defenders. We exploited theirs better than they exploited ours. We haven't managed to do that often this year. Just fucking enjoy it rather than laying the blame on our opposition for losing. Let their scumbag of a fan base criticise their team for the loss. I've had to put up with a lot of our fans criticising our own performance this year when we lose. I'll be stuffed if I can be bothered with people criticising our biggest win this year.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hasler tactically schooled Trent Perrett once again nothing new

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not really, you guys were the better team on the park today, you deserved the win.
Credit to your players today, it would have been easy for them to not give a fek but they tried hard.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I saw was an enthusiastic committed performance. No doubt our players are good they have proved it in the past. Just can't understand the below par efforts lately. Des has lost the players maybe. Under a new coach & board next year hopefully Dean Pay with Foran & Woods I'm excited for next year. Just the salary cap issues I'm worried about hope we don't lose too many more players because of it.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seriously how good was it to experience our team score that amount of points in a game again? That's the typical bulldogs style I remember... Grinding out a game going toe to toe and then cementing it at the end.

I miss those days so much. Give the boys credit today ffs. We played good. If we played like this every week we'd have won more games then we lost in 2017... No one can argue that.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We won because we kept the momentum up all game and our defence was outstanding.
Manly looked like lost tourists holding an upside down map of anz Stadium when they tried to get through the middle.

I liked how we ran the ball on the 6th tackle instead of kicking..
All this made us the better team. I think the OP needs some anti depressants

Reactions: DT

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
I'm going to enjoy this win,
I thought we showed bit better attitude today,

I think manly underestimated us and we were good enough to make them pay,

I'm happy,
I really didn't think they could make me happy again this year,

But they did,

Well done guys,
Fuck yea James well said , rock on brother!!

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Op is right.

DCE wasn't on the ground today and the manly number 4 didn't have a clue the poor ****.

If we played a team like Melbourne they would have put a cricket score on us.

Some of you guys are so used to losing you have forgotten what a true winning side we used to be.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You are spot on mate. But it's game plan we rely on and one that doesn't work much any more. It pretty much and only works on deficiencies in an opponents defense. Hardley a finals team in the modern game no?
Now you've introduced some challenges! I think if we had been playing like that from early in the season we would've been able to build on it through the year and be a top 4 side. True though that if yesterday was as good as we got for the year then maybe bottom of the 8 would be as close as we could've gotten. I suspect from a recruitment perspective that Des expected our o/s backs to kill it this year, prob with Kennar on wing rather than Montoya (Kennar was busted early on and Montoya unknown quantity) and that would've covered for Hoppa not being overly quick, but it sure didn't pan out that way, mainly because our forwards went backwards and our halves did SFA most of the year. Our outside blokes are pretty quick and both sides have offloads in them but getting the ball in traffic doesn't give them much chance.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we mixed the game up well. A few offloads, a few 6 tackle runs, kept errors to a minimum ..
Did Eliott play yesterday?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we mixed the game up well. A few offloads, a few 6 tackle runs, kept errors to a minimum ..
Did Eliott play yesterday?
Yeah he was a bit invisible but he was mainly defending. Only ran a few times. Tended to be the dummy runner quite often. He made plenty of tackles and only missed a couple. JJ was everywhere though. Taught Lane a footballing lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.