Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
For the people who want him to still play for us have a look at the Tigers and see a player play when he doesn't want to.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
For the people who want him to still play for us have a look at the Tigers and see a player play when he doesn't want to.
I dont think anyone wants him to play in blue n white jumper any more.....more like no release and throw in the reserve grade or sit out for next 2 years.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seeing as he loves qld so much maybe as part of the release we should put a clause where he can't play any games outside of Queensland :p

Because we are just being considerate. We don't want him away from his family and all :p lol

But honestly. He is a freak player. His attitude off the field is another thing. He won't fail at the broncos. He will be a top 3 dally m player every year just by playing 24 games. He has 10 tries in 15 games this year (I think he is second highest try scorer for us) and that is without even trying. He is a natural football player. Probably not the best athlete and it shows when he gets tired at stages during games. But the guy has done things on the field other players couldn't dream of.

I hope we out a clause where he can't vs us until 2016 (I know it won't happen, but it will be a good way to screw up the broncos a bit). Would be good if it was broncos v dogs in the finals next season and Barba needs to sit out and we smash them (wishful thinking i know) :p

I was a massive Barba fan (I have a qld jersey with his name). His talent can not be questioned. He is second on our try scoring list this year even though he wasnt trying and missed 6-7 games already.

But it shows what sort of a f#ckwit he is. I am not one to swear on forums but the guy is a grub for his actions. No respect for the fans, the club, his team mates. I will be sorry to see his football ability go (it can not be replaced) but won't be sorry to see his ego leave.

I hope that he regrets his move to Brisbane but I know he will be successful and kill it up there.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Seeing as he loves qld so much maybe as part of the release we should put a clause where he can't play any games outside of Queensland :p

Because we are just being considerate. We don't want him away from his family and all :p lol

But honestly. He is a freak player. His attitude off the field is another thing. He won't fail at the broncos. He will be a top 3 dally m player every year just by playing 24 games. He has 10 tries in 15 games this year (I think he is second highest try scorer for us) and that is without even trying. He is a natural football player. Probably not the best athlete and it shows when he gets tired at stages during games. But the guy has done things on the field other players couldn't dream of.

I hope we out a clause where he can't vs us until 2016 (I know it won't happen, but it will be a good way to screw up the broncos a bit). Would be good if it was broncos v dogs in the finals next season and Barba needs to sit out and we smash them (wishful thinking i know) :p

I was a massive Barba fan (I have a qld jersey with his name). His talent can not be questioned. He is second on our try scoring list this year even though he wasnt trying and missed 6-7 games already.

But it shows what sort of a f#ckwit he is. I am not one to swear on forums but the guy is a grub for his actions. No respect for the fans, the club, his team mates. I will be sorry to see his football ability go (it can not be replaced) but won't be sorry to see his ego leave.

I hope that he regrets his move to Brisbane but I know he will be successful and kill it up there.
He always had the try scoring ability but his defence is still sh!thouse.

Barba will never be Inglis, slater, Hayne, B Stewart nor Dugan.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm glad to see the back of that stain, I'm just wondering what sort of compensation we're going to get and who's going to replace him. If we're all limp dick about then what's the point.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You people are an absolute disgrace. You have turned Ben's family problems into something personal. You see it as Ben rejecting the club, and rejecting you. You all really need to grow up. If this is the way our current generation think, I despair for the future. And don't bother responding with abuse. I will ignore you. You just aren't worth it. Todd Greengurgh said yesterday that he respected Ben Barba very much. How you cannot have respect, compassion and empathy is solely a measure of your own shortcomings. Grow a brain.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would love to believe that but everytime we play $BW and Mason for example they rise to the occassion and I hate it! But in hindsight there would be no way on earth he could play this year its after the june 30 transfer period.... unless I'm wrong on that rule?
On a serious note I wouldn't wish that upon anyone but he has really done the wrong thing by a club who has stuck by him through thick and thin and needs to be shown the door.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
You people are an absolute disgrace. You have turned Ben's family problems into something personal. You see it as Ben rejecting the club, and rejecting you. You all really need to grow up. If this is the way our current generation think, I despair for the future. And don't bother responding with abuse. I will ignore you. You just aren't worth it. Todd Greengurgh said yesterday that he respected Ben Barba very much. How you cannot have respect, compassion and empathy is solely a measure of your own shortcomings. Grow a brain.
Aren't you the Brisbane guy who gave up on the team after a few losses in 2006?

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
SBW is a saint compare to this ungratefull germ...... he has held club to a ransom ffs. He has given interviews to the media , post crap on twitter, instagram etc and yet no one from management is able stop or question him on his actions.

This CEO and management of the club has started to give me the sh!ts ...... they have got no fcken control over this issue.
well said

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Some of the stuff he is posting on Instagram is not helping him. His sudden infatuation with everything Brisbane almost seems like he is purposely trying to troll Bulldogs fans. If he is released this year our chance of a premiership basically goes out the window, we will be eliminated in the 2nd weeks of the finals.

But to be honest, I think both parties (Barba and the Bulldogs) have exhausted all options to find a way to keep him here (money-wise) and it isn't possible. Hasler plays a big part in deciding how much Barba should be getting paid. Hasler's statement today almost signals to me that Barba's asking price is out of the question to him, he doesn't pay 700k+ for ANY single player.
Trex?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Barba is scum.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What planet are you on

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I cant understand why he wouldn't want to contribute at his best for the rest of the year & try to get us a premiership ring? The club has done everything possible for him so why would he leave on a high with his team mates?

Has the Bulldog team mates had enough of him?

I assume the Club is just working out the compensation if he really wants to leave that much.

The other thing I do not understand is this is all against him. Broncos will treat him as a loose cannon, a risk & will offer him less.

Reaction score
You see it as Ben rejecting the club, and rejecting you. You all really need to grow up.
you don't speak for me abe simpson, what i see it as is someone using compassionate grounds as a means for profiteering. Truly a low act of a scumdog. If he was to get the same pay at a new club for the remaining period I wouldn't have a problem with the situation, but it's not like that, he wants more $$$

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel we are just moments short of marching down canterbury road holding a burning straw scarecrow with barbas face mask on it... Barba has been a disgrace this season. Had petty much settled on calling my 1st new born son -Ben (benny). Not any more... Barbamust struggle through doorways with such a big head.

As bad a SBW exit at midnight to France in 08.. seems not so bad compared to Barbas and orrs contract breaking stratedgy.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
you don't speak for me abe simpson, what i see it as is someone using compassionate grounds as a means for profiteering. Truly a low act of a scumdog. If he was to get the same pay at a new club for the remaining period I wouldn't have a problem with the situation, but it's not like that, he wants more $$$
I was blaming his manager but DCE did not act like this. DCE got an upgrade & all is sweet.

If its not the manager, then who else is left?

Status
Not open for further replies.