Australian Politics - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Tool.. nice

Not a chance of me leaving you alone now sweetcheeks, suffer in your jocks. Concussive level of discourse... hahahahah I suppose that's in your brochures from HR as well or did you just type into Google "give me some highbrow words that will make me look smart and stuff..."
Ssshhhhhh

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It would be valuable to go back and re-visit your original post Baz.
Ok sure
Screenshot 2021-03-24 153419.jpg

Please tell me which minority/discriminated against/poor unfortunates I have offended with this?? Drunks, bulimics or perhaps those with sleep apnea?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Sure, the women in your personal circle (and many others) may feel differently, but it's pretty obvious many of them care about this issue....
There's an issue there, man...whether you care to acknowledge it or not.

Rudd is a self serving wanker..... My point is just that he was very popular when he was elected and won in very comprehensive fashion....I think it's pretty hard to argue that.

You can look at the response to this issue as outrage, if you like. But there are a lot of women in this country who clearly do not and are obviously fed up with issues that are important to them being dismissed and minimised. It is not the left that brought this issue to light....I think that's an important thing to remember.
I took the liberty of editing your post just to reply to specifics.
As I posted previously in this thread, I don't deny there's a boys club and issues around sexism etc in politics - never have.
But 'enquiries' on individual, unsubstantiated allegations won't solve a thing.
It's going to take leadership way beyond putting out spot fires to tackle some of Australia's larger problems.
So suggesting I don't acknowledge it isn't correct.

Rudd - yes, won easily in 2007 - I also said that - it was the last good Labor campaign about the Education Revolution (though that was kinda botched later) and the NBN (which although morphed, we still have). That's what I'm talking about - innovative policy that gives something voters can believe in. I'm also not suggesting that the LNP always get policy right - clearly they don't - looked at Toned Abs and Hockey's budget in 2014. Rudd is extremely arrogant but I don't know it was down to the flight attendant. He liked to pass the buck too. Remember when he blamed his team at the G20 for allowing 'The Chinese to Ratfuck us' - coming from a guy who speaks fluent Mandarin. OK Kev :-).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Too clever by half again.

I already said I was a very serious poster.
Sirius Poster? True. But not here :-).
PS - I declined a couple of invites to join The Flog Squad.
But it was amusing to watch you bitch about me over there about how 'aggressive' I am etc.
But then claim to be the strong voice of women.
OK Wendy :-).

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I took the liberty of editing your post just to reply to specifics.
As I posted previously in this thread, I don't deny there's a boys club and issues around sexism etc in politics - never have.
But 'enquiries' on individual, unsubstantiated allegations won't solve a thing.
It's going to take leadership way beyond putting out spot fires to tackle some of Australia's larger problems.
So suggesting I don't acknowledge it isn't correct.

Rudd - yes, won easily in 2007 - I also said that - it was the last good Labor campaign about the Education Revolution (though that was kinda botched later) and the NBN (which although morphed, we still have). That's what I'm talking about - innovative policy that gives something voters can believe in. I'm also not suggesting that the LNP always get policy right - clearly they don't - looked at Toned Abs and Hockey's budget in 2014. Rudd is extremely arrogant but I don't know it was down to the flight attendant. He liked to pass the buck too. Remember when he blamed his team at the G20 for allowing 'The Chinese to Ratfuck us' - coming from a guy who speaks fluent Mandarin. OK Kev :-).
No doubt Rudd's colleagues disliked him intensely and there were many factors contributing to that. I think it was the air hostess incident that gave them the ammo they needed to justify giving him the flick....his popularity with the public really tanked after that......not to say there weren't other contributing factors.....the point is he was a pretty good politician and his opposition ran a very good campaign, even though he messed it all up by treating his colleagues poorly and allowing his temper to get the better of him.

As far as an inquiry into Porter goes, if there is nothing to be turned up that could hurt him, what is the harm in it? If the alleged victim were still alive, he may well be facing court charges. If the government has evidence of his innocence, an inquiry may ultimately clear his name. I think a lot of women are tired of things like this just getting swept under the carpet and I don't think the issue is going to go away....at least not unless it is adequately addressed. If we can launch royal commissions into unions or banks that go nowhere, I can't see why we can't launch an enquiry into an historical rape allegation. At very least, it would show the government was not being dismissive of an issue that is important to a lot of people. It's not going to damage Porter's reputation any more than it has already been damaged unless there is something for him and the government to hide.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ok sure
View attachment 22388

Please tell me which minority/discriminated against/poor unfortunates I have offended with this?? Drunks, bulimics or perhaps those with sleep apnea?
Baz I just re-read a pm we had
Sirius Poster? True. But not here :-).
PS - I declined a couple of invites to join The Flog Squad.
But it was amusing to watch you bitch about me over there about how 'aggressive' I am etc.
But then claim to be the strong voice of women.
OK Wendy :-).
I was right about you then and I'm right bout you now lol

In those times, I did let you all intidate me, I admitted that....but not now.

I still remain as disappointed in you though and incredulous as to why grown men would bother to get triggered, so much, by others opinions on a footy forum.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Baz I just re-read a pm we had

I still remain as disappointed in you though and incredulous as to why grown men would bother to get triggered, so much, by others opinions on a footy forum.
What are these Facebook groups you’re referring to?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
No doubt Rudd's colleagues disliked him intensely and there were many factors contributing to that. I think it was the air hostess incident that gave them the ammo they needed to justify giving him the flick....his popularity with the public really tanked after that......not to say there weren't other contributing factors.....the point is he was a pretty good politician and his opposition ran a very good campaign, even though he messed it all up by treating his colleagues poorly and allowing his temper to get the better of him.

As far as an enquiry into Porter goes, if there is nothing to be turned up that could hurt Porter, what is the harm in it? If the alleged victim were still alive, he may well be facing court charges. If the government has evidence of his innocence, an enquiry may ultimately clear his name. I think a lot of women are tired of things like this just getting swept under the carpet. If we can launch royal commissions into unions or banks that go nowhere, I can't see why we can't launch an enquiry into an historical rape allegation. At very least, it would show the government was not being dismissive of an issue that is important to a lot of people.
Yet the party embraced Rudd again in 2013 when it looked pretty clear Gillard was going to lose the election. It's a fickle game...

As for enquiries - I believe in innocent until proven guilty. If there's evidence, let's see it - if it's worthy of charges and ultimately a conviction of course that is the right outcome. But just like Sam Burgess and his former father-in-law being 'petrified' of him, when in fact he followed him to his car to continue an argument - the facts are that although the woman who was preparing to make the allegation is sadly dead, she also contacted Police to say she did not want to pursue the matter further. No-one forced her hand either way. Now she had possibly made up her mind to take her life (she did the next day) or she was mentally ill to the point where she perhaps thought she couldn't cope with her version of events being scrutinised. And that's key. You can't simply allege things without the evidence or intestinal fortitude to follow it through. The burden of proof has always been on the Complainant (or the prosecution in a trial). It is not down to the Government (or the 'defence') to prove innocence.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
No, you're not right, you have a righteous complex.
No one is intimidating you - you're simply being called out for various posts of outrage and hypocrisy.
It's fair game Wendy.
You love the word 'triggered' - I don't know why - but it doesn't apply to me, simply because I call you out.
There's really nothing else to it - you can remember that next time you're representing Bogan College in the debating contest :-).

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That’s terrific. Although they call it a pm ( private message) you can snapshot and post it if you like?

What are you referencing?
I'll pm you. I thought you'd understand.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yet the party embraced Rudd again in 2013 when it looked pretty clear Gillard was going to lose the election. It's a fickle game...

As for enquiries - I believe in innocent until proven guilty. If there's evidence, let's see it - if it's worthy of charges and ultimately a conviction of course that is the right outcome. But just like Sam Burgess and his former father-in-law being 'petrified' of him, when in fact he followed him to his car to continue an argument - the facts are that although the woman who was preparing to make the allegation is sadly dead, she also contacted Police to say she did not want to pursue the matter further. No-one forced her hand either way. Now she had possibly made up her mind to take her life (she did the next day) or she was mentally ill to the point where she perhaps thought she couldn't cope with her version of events being scrutinised. And that's key. You can't simply allege things without the evidence or intestinal fortitude to follow it through. The burden of proof has always been on the Complainant (or the prosecution in a trial). It is not down to the Government (or the 'defence') to prove innocence.
The burden of proof may not be on the government, but the weight of public perception certainly is....their call if they want to roll the dice on the belief the whole thing will blow over. At the moment, I think there are a lot of people who are unhappy with the way they have handled things to this point and only the government can attempt to do something about that.

As far as following through on rape allegations....I don't think it's a matter of "intestinal fortitude".....it's a matter of mental health and a person's inability or ability to handle the stress and trauma the whole process is likely to cause. There are all sorts of reasons women who are making legitimate allegations have a great deal of trouble going through the whole process of following through on a complaint - the inevitable public scrutiny, the always personal and invasive line of questioning of the defence, the unjustified but inevitable sense of guilt and shame genuine victims would feel. I'm sure it's an absolute ordeal.

Anyway, without a living complainant, it's obviously extremely hard to picture a conviction, but the court of public opinion is a different thing.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
This thread just makes me want to vote liberal
Exactly mate. It just shows what happens when someone has a different opinion than the lefties and one of the main reason I stopped voting Labor

Status
Not open for further replies.