ANZ Stadium Upgrade - our home games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Even though we currently have a bad record there I would rather play all our games at Belmore. Amazing ground and atmosphere.
Good ground if you are living in the 70's and 80's.... shit of a place to get too and park specially if it raining.... I would prefer to play at ANZ with 15,000 people than Belmore. Time to move on FFS
Shit of a place to watch NRL these days, Lower grades may be OK but, thats it!

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
no they will do only part of the ground at a time
Brisbane does not play any NRL games every 2nd weekend during the NRL season, (how smart is that?) move the Dogs north of the Border for 2 seasons, use this time to increase and spread our supporter base for 2 years only.
Not only that they will be playing at the worlds best Rugby League Stadium "Suncorp Stadium", trying to think business man like just for a couple of years.
Maybe the Doggies supporters would use it as a weekend away in the wormer winter months and sunshine, bring the wife and Kids FFS!! book your air tickets in advance.....cheaper :-)

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good ground if you are living in the 70's and 80's.... shit of a place to get too and park specially if it raining.... I would prefer to play at ANZ with 15,000 people than Belmore. Time to move on FFS
Shit of a place to watch NRL these days, Lower grades may be OK but, thats it!
Personally I think watching a game at anz with only 15,000 peoole is rubbish. No atmosphere what's so ever

Give me suburban grounds any day of the week

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Personally I think watching a game at anz with only 15,000 peoole is rubbish. No atmosphere what's so ever

You miss my point.... I was referring to Belmore Sports Ground, there are other suburban grounds that are very good like Parramatta Stadium IMO

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm in ICU in St Vincent's brother lol
Thats no good at all, any good news? Like are you improving and when is it likely you are back home? hang in there old mate...things can only get better :-)

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'm sure they won't work on Friday/Saturday nights or Sunday. Construction will most likely interrupt any Saturday afternoon games we have.

N

Natboy

Belmore is a dump and I hope we never play there again.
If you want atmosphere go and watch pansy soccer

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

How will you fit the 40k+ band waggoners into your suburban ground?

http://www.sharks.com.au/about/southern-cross-group-stadium.html

Southern Cross Group Stadium (Shark Park) is the home ground of the Cronulla Sharks and was purpose built for NRL matches in 1960 and last upgraded in 2006. Southern Cross Group Stadium hosts the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks NRL team for 12 home games per season and a variety of community and commercial events/uses.

Capacity: 20,000

Shark Park caters to a game day crowd average of 10,000, with attendance ranging between 7,000 and 16,000 over the course of the 12 NRL home games each season

NorthernDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
As far as I know we are playing all home games at Parramatta. You can't keep playing on the ground when they are putting a retractable roof over the thing.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As far as I know we are playing all home games at Parramatta. You can't keep playing on the ground when they are putting a retractable roof over the thing.
But Parramatta stadium is itself being refurbished, even Parramatta won't be playing out of there......

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thats no good at all, any good news? Like are you improving and when is it likely you are back home? hang in there old mate...things can only get better :grinning:
Thank you sir. Looks like I'm here at least a week.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Is it the breathing again?
It's a few things snowballed together. But the main thing is my thyroid is playing havoc with EVERYTHING. Of course one of my heart meds caused my thyroid to go nuts...

Status
Not open for further replies.