Opinion Another choke by Sharks now write about it Buzz

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of focus on Hynes and Sharks spine but I honestly think they were let down by their forwards on Saturday. When the going got tough they went into their shells and when Roosters were down to 12 they had a chance to really take control and put the game away yet their forwards were real lethargic and did not have urgency. This is the problem with having too many coconuts in your forward pack. Roosters out willed them. They showed up every set and when it mattered they were there for the big plays.

However yes I agree on Hynes. Actually think Sharks should make a huge play for Luai. Get rid of Kennedy, Moylan and also Talakai is shit house, move him to the forwards to fuck him off.

Actually no, they should keep things the way they are :grinning:

Also Fitzgibbon is going to really have to prove his worth next year. He will be in the hot seat for sure.
Whilst vaguely true the forwards got them into enough position in the first half only for their spine to be as clueless as Flanno would be. All well and good to look good beating bottom 8 sides, the only top 8 side they beat this year was the Riaders and they had a FA of -170 and are close to the worst finals side we've seen. There is no way it should only have been 6-0 at halftime and that's on the Sharks spine.

Sort of agree on Luai they need someone. I feel they need a second playmaker badly, otherwise just rinse and repeat next year for Cronulla.

Malla

Reaction score
Whilst vaguely true the forwards got them into enough position in the first half only for their spine to be as clueless as Flanno would be. All well and good to look good beating bottom 8 sides, the only top 8 side they beat this year was the Riaders and they had a FA of -170 and are close to the worst finals side we've seen. There is no way it should only have been 6-0 at halftime and that's on the Sharks spine.

Sort of agree on Luai they need someone. I feel they need a second playmaker badly, otherwise just rinse and repeat next year for Cronulla.
Largely due to their mediocre forwards.

Same story with us. Shit house pack, shit house results.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A lot of focus on Hynes and Sharks spine but I honestly think they were let down by their forwards on Saturday. When the going got tough they went into their shells and when Roosters were down to 12 they had a chance to really take control and put the game away yet their forwards were real lethargic and did not have urgency. This is the problem with having too many coconuts in your forward pack. Roosters out willed them. They showed up every set and when it mattered they were there for the big plays.

However yes I agree on Hynes. Actually think Sharks should make a huge play for Luai. Get rid of Kennedy, Moylan and also Talakai is shit house, move him to the forwards to fuck him off.

Actually no, they should keep things the way they are :grinning:

Also Fitzgibbon is going to really have to prove his worth next year. He will be in the hot seat for sure.
Relax with the ‘too many coconuts’ bullshit

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Largely due to their mediocre forwards.

Same story with us. Shit house pack, shit house results.
Their spine were terrible all year when in position. Brailey is bog average as a 9, who has lost all speed after injury, okay but nothing more 6, and an even worse fullback. You just aren't winning with that, doesn't matter if you had 3 Payne Hass forwards out there.

Malla

Reaction score
Their spine were terrible all year when in position. Brailey is bog average as a 9, who has lost all speed after injury, okay but nothing more 6, and an even worse fullback. You just aren't winning with that, doesn't matter if you had 3 Payne Hass forwards out there.
We have different views.

I do agree on the 6. Moylan and Trindall were so bad this year, bit harsh on Brailey. He was horrible on Saturday, but has had a good year.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have different views.

I do agree on the 6. Moylan and Trindall were so bad this year, bit harsh on Brailey. He was horrible on Saturday, but has had a good year.
Issue with Braiey is he's slow, mediocre pass, he's just a slow Reed really. Is he in the top lets say 7 hookers in the game? Very doubtful, therefore, he's average, you aren't winning with 3/4 of your spine being 5/10 at best, and that's even if Hynes is a 7/10 on a good day in a final.

They need a 1, 6,9, and they probably need two genuine props. Feel they have overachieved during the season the last two years

Malla

Reaction score
Issue with Braiey is he's slow, mediocre pass, he's just a slow Reed really. Is he in the top lets say 7 hookers in the game? Very doubtful, therefore, he's average, you aren't winning with 3/4 of your spine being 5/10 at best, and that's even if Hynes is a 7/10 on a good day in a final.

They need a 1, 6,9, and they probably need two genuine props. Feel they have overachieved during the season the last two years
You aren't winning with that forward pack either.

They really missed Dale.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
to be fair if the bulldogs made the finals it would be a success story

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Many on here blew their loads on Hynes

Here is the facts he’ll never be a premiership half he’s only ever going to be a 7/10 half in finals. There’s 6 halves miles better than him.He NEEDS a quality 6 or a quality 1 (both Kennedy and Tracey are only solid).

Quality wins finals the Sharks whilst they compete don’t have that top tier quality to win premierships. Ask yourself this who are their genuine and ai mean genuine A graders?
He is just an uglier version of the centre.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hynes has no support. Trindall is a poor man’s Gamble. Brailey is a bit hyped up I reckon and when Kennedy got injured they lost that experience and x-factor.

It is all far too reliant on Hynes.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hynes has no support. Trindall is a poor man’s Gamble. Brailey is a bit hyped up I reckon and when Kennedy got injured they lost that experience and x-factor.

It is all far too reliant on Hynes.
Give me Gamble any day of the week over the flops we have in the halves…

The guy has a brain explosion every now & again, but he’s always involved in the action, something Burton still can’t get thru his thick head