2023 Finals Week 3 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
so 2 penalties are too much for indiandog and also 1 6 again is too much

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watched websters press conference fuck me what a class act. No bs clichés or fluff talk just straight shooting real talk.

Maybe if Gus stayed put in NZ we could’ve got webby and Ciraldope wouldve gone to the wahs

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will be a great final

Best attack vs best defence

Going Brisbane by 4

Patrick Carrigan Clive Churchill Medal

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
so 2 penalties are too much for indiandog and also 1 6 again is too much
keep trolling rod

2 penalties and one 6 again that were given in favour of broncs .
warriors may not have won anyway even if the refs were fair but a blind Freddy could see how Sutton made sure warriors had zero chance of a fair fight tonight

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
keep trolling rod

warriors may not have won anyway even if the refs were fair but a blind Freddy could see how Sutton made sure warriors had zero chance of a fair fight tonight
maybe everybody is trolling me here ffs

you talked about brisbane getting soft penalties all game, it was 2 penalties at that point, then you talked about brisbane getting 6 agains all 1st half to piggy back up the field to get out of trouble, they got 1 and they were 10m out on the front foot hardly in trouble, they scored on the next play and didn't need 6 anyway

so you obviously have trouble recalling things, what else have you got to complain about? sutton took the warriors defence 10.2m back instead of 10m a couple of times?

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
keep trolling rod

Made zilch difference. End of the day as it has been all year they were a 12-16 point better side. Warriors showed nothing in attack at all. Good sides send 2 blokes to SJ, sort of shows why RTS will be important next season.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Two best teams by a considerable margin get to face off, I like it.
Broncs will give them a serious shake i reckon.

I'm anti Qld at origin time like all New South Welshman should be but their players and the way they play footy is pretty hard to dislike, fuck I'm so envious of quality footy teams like them.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
maybe everybody is trolling me here ffs

you talked about brisbane getting soft penalties all game, it was 2 penalties at that point, then you talked about brisbane getting 6 agains all 1st half to piggy back up the field to get out of trouble, they got 1 and they were 10m out on the front foot hardly in trouble, they scored on the next play and didn't need 6 anyway

so you obviously have trouble recalling things, what else have you got to complain about? sutton took the warriors defence 10.2m back instead of 10m a couple of times?
Warriors were poor in the first half. Broncos were the much better side but got away with murder in the ruck, were racing up offside nearly every set and got multiple lucky calls at crucial times.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Warriors were poor in the first half. Broncos were the much better side but got away with murder in the ruck, were racing up offside nearly every set and got multiple lucky calls at crucial times.
That's a fair assessment. Wahs awful handling stopped any momentum they could have mounted and Broncs executed a defensive slow ptb and line speed (from a staggered defensive line lol) to perfection (according to refs interpretations).

Clear superiority of Broncs was evident having said that tho. Reynolds and Walsh have brought so much variation to the Broncs playing style.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
brisbane are a dominant side like the bulldogs mid 2000's forward pack, they have quick line speed and make dominant tackles

im not sure how you measure the offsides since the camera is usually on the play the ball and the defensive line is off camera, do you have a widescreen tv that picks up all that stuff?

like i said the referee favoured the warriors, saved them with a forward pass call, how many warriors are offside here? i think everybody except the fullback is offside, some players are desperately offside, they are more offside than the pass was forward, brisbane didn't get a penalty here

offside.jpg

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Would of love to seen the outcome if the Wahs could actually kick a fkn goal....

24-18 is a massive difference than 24-12

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got Fox back on as I was sick of ads, the screaming commentator, who gets a lot wrong, plus Joey's commentary on 9. I suppose you get what you pay for or should I say not pay for.

Like him or not Vossy is quite funny and 1000 times better than what they dish up on 9.

I enjoyed this from Vossy in the 2nd half when the Warriors were penalized for being offside and the Warriors challenged the ruling.

This was not that long after the missed forward pass that even Stevie Wonder would have seen. Vossy on watching the replay for the Warriors challenging the offside ruling: "Well they're about 8 metres offside, only 4 more than the pass, but they're offside".

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only chance Broncos have next week is if Sutton gets the GF. He won't but you can bet they'll be very much hoping he does.

Storm weren't that bad against the Panthers who were near perfect in nearly every facet of the game. Warriors got Sutton'd but were poor against the Broncs that made the Broncs look a lot better than they actually were.

What odds the Broncs try to put a stink on in the first 5 to 10 minutes? Shorter odds than a Panther 3 peat but it won't help them.

They'll try anything to put the Panthers off their game.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

We have come to expect this sort of bizarre poor decision making by Sutton but honestly TWO such blatant forward passes you could ever see and neither are called by any of the onfield officials. The bunker could not rule but should not have to have been mentioned at all..that is how bad the decision by Sutton and his mates was.

Yes, game won by the Broncos with the Warriors not helping themselves, yet he does see a marginal one against the Warriors.

Kudos to the coach of the Warriors who simply stated..

Warriors coach Andrew Webster was gracious in accepting the decision during his post match press conference despite the passage of play leaving fans and commentators flabbergasted.

“It is pretty clear to say the forward pass was so wrong it wasn’t funny,” Webster said. “But they made a line break, we’d allowed the line break, and then the forward pass comes off the back of that.
“We weren’t defending well in that period, the forward pass was wrong. But we’re not crying over that.”