Tipping Champion
Reaction score
https://leagueunlimited.com/news/leagueunlimited-nrl-teams-2023-finals-week-3/

First Preliminary Final
Penrith Panthers v Melbourne Storm
Fri September 22 2023, 7:50pm
at Accor Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park / Wanngal

Penrith Panthers

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Sunia Turuva 3. Izack Tago 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Brian To'o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Moses Leota 9. Mitch Kenny 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Scott Sorensen 12. Liam Martin 13. Isaah Yeo

14. Jack Cogger 15. Lindsay Smith 16. Spencer Leniu 17. Luke Garner

18. Tyrone Peachey

Melbourne Storm

1. Nick Meaney 2. William Warbrick 3. Marion Seve 4. Justin Olam 5. Reimis Smith 6. Cameron Munster 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Tui Kamikamica 19. Bronson Garlick 16. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 11. Trent Loiero 12. Eliesa Katoa 13. Josh King

9. Harry Grant 10. Christian Welch 15. Tom Eisenhuth 17. Tariq Sims

14. Tyran Wishart

Referees: Adam Gee;Sideline Officials: Chris Sutton, Dave Munro;Video Referees: Grant Atkins;

Second Preliminary Final
Brisbane Broncos v Warriors
Sat September 23 2023, 7:50pm
at Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal

Brisbane Broncos

1. Reece Walsh 2. Jesse Arthars 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Herbie Farnworth 5. Selwyn Cobbo 6. Ezra Mam 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Thomas Flegler 9. Billy Walters 10. Payne Haas 11. Kurt Capewell 12. Jordan Riki 13. Patrick Carrigan

14. Tyson Smoothy 15. Brendan Piakura 16. Kobe Hetherington 17. Keenan Palasia

18. Corey Oates

Warriors

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 3. Rocco Berry 4. Adam Pompey 5. Marcelo Montoya 6. Te Maire Martin 7. Shaun Johnson 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Wayde Egan 10. Mitchell Barnett 11. Jackson Ford 12. Marata Niukore 13. Tohu Harris

14. Dylan Walker 15. Jazz Tevaga 16. Bayley Sironen 17. Josh Curran

20. Taine Tuaupiki

Referees: Gerard Sutton;Sideline Officials: Phil Henderson, Drew Oultram;Video Referees: Ashley Klein;

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
2023 Grand Final
South Sydney Rabbitohs v North Sydney Bears
Sun September 24 2023, 3:00pm
at CommBank Stadium, Parramatta / Burramattagal

South Sydney Rabbitohs

1. Blake Taaffe 2. Tom Carr 3. Izaac Tu’itupou Thompson 4. Jacob Gagai 5. Tyrone Munro 6. Dion Teaupa 7. Dean Hawkins 8. Shaquai Mitchell 9. Peter Mamouzelos 10. Brock Gray 11. Ben Lovett 12. Ethan O’Neill 13. Tallis Duncan

14. Shannon Gardiner 15. Matthew French 16. Jaxson Rahme 17. Yileen Gordon

18. Leonard Skelton 19. Tristian Alvarado

North Sydney Bears

1. Josh Bergamin 2. Allan Fitzgibbon 3. Kieran Hayman 4. Toa Mata'afa 5. Fetalaiga Pauga 6. Jesse Marschke 7. Ben Stevanovic 8. Terrell May 9. Tyran Ott 10. Kurt De Luis 11. Elie El-Zakhem 12. Reuben Porter 13. Zach Dockar-Clay

14. Ben Marschke 15. Fletcher Baker 16. Ben Thomas 17. Jerry Key

18. Ben Talty 19. Alfred Smalley 21. Ben Seufale

Referees: Cameron Paddy;Sideline Officials: Tom Cambourn, Nick Beashel;Video Referees: Liam Kennedy;

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Panthers at full strength for probably the first time this season.

How is Yileen Gordon still playing?

A few ex Bulldogs playing in the NSW Cup GF.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

A 2 for 1 offer for the prelim final is crazy. That explains why the Penrith CEO was annoyed at them playing at Accor since they can’t get a sold out crowd (yet the Brisbane game is sold out). I assume the Penrith fans probably got tickets for the GF instead :tearsofjoy:
I actually enjoy prelim finals possibly even more than GF. I guess it's because you get to celebrate (if you win through) and have a huge buildup in the next week....seems less stressful than a GF.

Or maybe it's because it's the only thing we've won in the last 20 years....

In any case, it's no surprise they are offering this to a game with out of town team.

You would still think Penrith should have 40k of fans and Melb get 10k of their own or perhaps 5k of stadium members show up for a crowd of 55-60k?

If it were the Dogs, there would be over 50k of us there alone...

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score

A 2 for 1 offer for the prelim final is crazy. That explains why the Penrith CEO was annoyed at them playing at Accor since they can’t get a sold out crowd (yet the Brisbane game is sold out). I assume the Penrith fans probably got tickets for the GF instead :tearsofjoy:
Shows how week the state of the game is. This is a prelim featuring the 2 most successful teams of the last 10 years and need to give away free tickets.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Shows how week the state of the game is. This is a prelim featuring the 2 most successful teams of the last 10 years and need to give away free tickets.
Storm and Penrith are plastic clubs to be fair. None of their fans are passionate enough to sell for big games

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
1. Clubs should get a cut of the gate.

2. Could’ve played the game at CommBank Stadium.
It needs to be played at stadiums like Allianz and Commbank when in terms of the matchup because clubs like Penrith and Storm will never reach the 70,000+ big clubs like us reach when we get into prelims.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone is to blame it's the storm supporters just look how empty their home ground was against the rorters, there are too many storm supporters who only barrack for the storm when their AFL team doesn't make the finals, panthers will run riot this Friday and the storm supporters can slink back into their shitty state.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Storm no chance without Paps.

I think Broncs are vulnerable. Wahs nothing special on paper, but they seem to have a sense of self belief. Different playing in front of $50k in Brisbane though. Maybe just wishful thinking from me.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Storm no chance without Paps.

I think Broncs are vulnerable. Wahs nothing special on paper, but they seem to have a sense of self belief. Different playing in front of $50k in Brisbane though. Maybe just wishful thinking from me.
Thought I read something Hughes is only 60% to play at this stage too, can't remember what his actual injury is.

I don't think either game will be a blow out but like against the Storm if they don't get the jitters the Broncs will be too good I reckon, pretty decent edge playing at Suncorp in front of a full house.

The Afl game is on there on Saturday arvo too I think? Good couple of footy games on up there, they will be winning too I reckon.

Last edited:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can’t see any upsets this week.
penrith and broncos have had plenty of chances this season to show they’re vulnerable and have proved time and again, they’re not.

Reactions: 88

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
cant see luai lasting the full 80 minutes, big risk to even play considering cogger hasn't done much wrong this season