2018 Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BULLDOGS

TICK

— Four of last six games are played at home.

Crosses

— Three five-day turnarounds, the equal most of any club.

— Five Thursday night games. Better only than the Broncos.

— 13 games against 2017 top-eight sides and seven against top-four.

— Travel out of Sydney three times in first six rounds.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck I wish we would stop playing games at Belmore. It’s a shithole and gives us no advantage

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
5 Thursday night games is pretty ordinary.

But otherwise, looks ok. Only 1 home game taken outside Sydney (this is less than many other Sydney based teams). Not sure about 2 Belmore games, but the Tits and Raiders aren't exactly big standards at ANZ.

Gronkos game in Brisbane is earlier than usual so I'll need to remember that.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
NRL blatantly want Roosters to win first Cronk now softest draw in history

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It will always be a shit draw until they finally wake up and ensure every team plays each other twice prior to the finals.....until that happens the draw will be bullshit!!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NRL blatantly want Roosters to win first Cronk now softest draw in history
The NRL had to give them a great draw because Cronk said it was a condition to going to the Roosters to win the premiership, so Todd said OK I'll fix the draw for you.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
So is it going to be only 1 bye next year and 25 rounds? Didnt hear that coming.

Our run home is good after the bye, with plenty homes games and many we should win. Funny start though. We have roosters twice and panthers twice by round 8. If we are better than Roosters and panthers next year, we will have a very good start as well. Not an unwinnable draw.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This NRL is fucked!!
The bottom 5 teams (easiest) should have to swap with the top 5 (hardest) and we might get an interesting comp.
Otherwise it will be "same old, same old".
Fucken all the cheating clubs with sombreros are in the bottom 5.....typical NRL!!

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will never understand how they manage to fuck up the draw so much.
100% Agree!

I hate the fact the competition isn't fair from the start. By everyone not playing each other twice. (But that's what we we have to deal with.)

Why the F#ck can't the first 15 round be played so you play everyone once each.

With round 16 being the same combination as Round 1- Round 17 being the same as Round 2 etc..

You can spin all the TV bullshit reasons you want. Who owns the game!

They say some teams want to play each other at certain times. (e.g. Bulldogs v Bunnies on Good Friday) Why can't this still happen?

It is such a poorly run organisation across the board. Yet the game itself keeps the fans coming back.

Imagine if the people who run the NRL were good at what they did.

The AFL would have a need to worry. At the moment they have the NRL covered in every area.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
100% Agree!

I hate the fact the competition isn't fair from the start. By everyone not playing each other twice. (But that's what we we have to deal with.)

Why the F#ck can't the first 15 round be played so you play everyone once each.

With round 16 being the same combination as Round 1- Round 17 being the same as Round 2 etc..

You can spin all the TV bullshit reasons you want. Who owns the game!

They say some teams want to play each other at certain times. (e.g. Bulldogs v Bunnies on Good Friday) Why can't this still happen?

It is such a poorly run organisation across the board. Yet the game itself keeps the fans coming back.

Imagine if the people who run the NRL were good at what they did.

The AFL would have a need to worry. At the moment they have the NRL covered in every area.
Fair dinkum. Do you really think that if it was so easy that the NRL wouldn't have done it that way already? Perhaps you think the NRL just loves to have one plonker after another whinge and bitch about it to make themselves feel better! Does it not occur to you and everyone else that the draw is as complicated as it is because there are a range of traditional rivalries and public holiday games, which combined with SOO, test matches, byes and the ever present need to ensure there is reasonable return on investment for the media outlets who invest around $500m a year in the game all contribute to the difficulties of laying out a balanced draw? We will never have a formal for and away game while ever we have less than 20 teams in the comp. The players have already argued that they can't cope with the workload now so how do you think they will add a further 6 games to their loads? I couldn't give a rats about the AFL but given they start and finish about the same time as us they mustn't have a full home and away draw either because I don't recall them playing midweek during the season.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair dinkum. Do you really think that if it was so easy that the NRL wouldn't have done it that way already? Perhaps you think the NRL just loves to have one plonker after another whinge and bitch about it to make themselves feel better! Does it not occur to you and everyone else that the draw is as complicated as it is because there are a range of traditional rivalries and public holiday games, which combined with SOO, test matches, byes and the ever present need to ensure there is reasonable return on investment for the media outlets who invest around $500m a year in the game all contribute to the difficulties of laying out a balanced draw? We will never have a formal for and away game while ever we have less than 20 teams in the comp. The players have already argued that they can't cope with the workload now so how do you think they will add a further 6 games to their loads? I couldn't give a rats about the AFL but given they start and finish about the same time as us they mustn't have a full home and away draw either because I don't recall them playing midweek during the season.
Sorry Todd,
if you're happy with mediocrity then so be it.
It's for all those bullshit reasons I raise the question.
If the money is there. The media will pay what it's worth. Take less if it means running you're own game.
NO the draw does not have to be complicated. Whilst the traditional rivalry is good. It's the past. It shouldn't govern the games growth in the future.
Every team plays each other once. Sort all that tradition stuff out in rounds 1-15.
How you can play one team twice in a matter of weeks. And not play another team until the end of the season? Or Melbourne round 1 and that's it.
It's complicated because the NRL sell themselves out. They need to grow a pair and set the terms, when negotiating all corporate deals.
I don't follow the AFL but they are the NRL's bigger brother and getting bigger. Year by year. The same same approach at the NRL will hurt them badly.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who cares the balls in our court how well we play

Status
Not open for further replies.