Zooper Dooper Appreciation thread

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Was just reading that Slush Puppies Australia are in trouble. The original Slurpees...

Apparently have till Feb to cough up $60k else the administrators are moving in to liquidate!
I haven't had a slurpee in years. No desire. I did have a frozen coke from McDonalds recently though.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LMAO - yes you are a thinker my friend, I'll give you that. I reckon if it's hot, you'll have a ZD regardless of the flavor. I'm not a black current but if it's hot and that's all there is I will have it without question.
If they were the last zd's on earth I'd still probably throw them out... That's how wrong Coles is in assuming they're a favourite.. Totally offended by their generalisation

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Run a bath and chuck all the ice from the freezer into it. Farm out the blackcurrant ones to the kids and hide the rest in a lockable ice chest.

Everyone wins :D
That's a lot of effort to go to for a zooperdooper haha

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I haven't had a slurpee in years. No desire. I did have a frozen coke from McDonalds recently though.
I used to think they were thirst quenching... turns out I was wrong. I actually end up thirstier after having one.

My current "go to" is icy cold water straight from the fridge, mixed with fresh lemon, lime, cucumber, mint and watermelon.

That reminds me, parents are overseas at the moment AND with lemons $9 a kg, I should head over and raid the shit out of their lemon tree (which is producing shopping bags full at the moment).

Wahesh

Reaction score
I used to think they were thirst quenching... turns out I was wrong. I actually end up thirstier after having one.

My current "go to" is icy cold water straight from the fridge, mixed with fresh lemon, lime, cucumber, mint and watermelon.

That reminds me, parents are overseas at the moment AND with lemons $9 a kg, I should head over and raid the shit out of their lemon tree (which is producing shopping bags full at the moment).
Yes you should. Lemons actually come out by the load in winter as well. Free lemons, why not. I've actually fantasized about a miracle fruit tree that has all kinds of goodies coming from the 1 stem. It's sad it'll never happen though.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yes you should. Lemons actually come out by the load in winter as well. Free lemons, why not. I've actually fantasized about a miracle fruit tree that has all kinds of goodies coming from the 1 stem. It's sad it'll never happen though.
Lemons and limes combined as well as a few others are available in hybrid dwarfs these days.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score

Wahesh

Reaction score
Lemons and limes combined as well as a few others are available in hybrid dwarfs these days.
I’m talking more than citrus bro... I want every exotic and tropical fruit under the sun in one tree <3

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Why do I have a feeling these would be an absolute bastard to get working 100%.

I'm thinking I might invest in a misting system...
As long as the root stock is favourable to your local climate and soil conditions it shouldn't be a problem.

My current mysting system is sweat balls + freeball

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
As long as the root stock is favourable to your local climate and soil conditions it shouldn't be a problem.

My current mysting system is sweat balls + freeball
I'm just unsure if in an already humid environment they'd even work... @Hacky McAxe your thoughts?

If they do, $99 Ryobi Cordless misting fan from Bunnings + esky full of water and ice = problem solved.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm just unsure if in an already humid environment they'd even work... @Hacky McAxe your thoughts?

If they do, $99 Ryobi Cordless misting fan from Bunnings + esky full of water and ice = problem solved.
If humidity is high enough then plants don't need more moisture. Has to be pretty bloody high though.

Most plants don't actually benefit from having water sprayed on them as they draw all their moisture from the roots with exception of some plants (succulents, rock plants)

Your best bet is just good soil, good drainage and aa good watering when it needs it.

On an off topic note, one interesting thing about humidity is the effect it has on us. We release heat by sweating. In a dry heat 45 degrees is hot but tolerable. In 99% humidity at around 30 degrees you'd pass out and probably die due to not being able to release sweat to cool yourself down.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Maccas need to bring back the Apple and Elderflower soda from a few summers back ... I could drink that in bucketloads!

If humidity is high enough then plants don't need more moisture. Has to be pretty bloody high though.

Most plants don't actually benefit from having water sprayed on them as they draw all their moisture from the roots with exception of some plants (succulents, rock plants)

Your best bet is just good soil, good drainage and aa good watering when it needs it.

On an off topic note, one interesting thing about humidity is the effect it has on us. We release heat by sweating. In a dry heat 45 degrees is hot but tolerable. In 99% humidity at around 30 degrees you'd pass out and probably die due to not being able to release sweat to cool yourself down.
So @Hacky McAxe in a humid environment misting kits for humans and misting fans are largely useless (like Evap coolers / swamp coolers)?

I was going to build one up myself today using a semi old esky and a few 200mm computer fans :D

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Maccas need to bring back the Apple and Elderflower soda from a few summers back ... I could drink that in bucketloads!

So @Hacky McAxe in a humid environment misting kits for humans and misting fans are largely useless (like Evap coolers / swamp coolers)?

I was going to build one up myself today using a semi old esky and a few 200mm computer fans :D
Yep. I've considered building one of those. Pretty simple project but I'd hate to destroy a good esky.

Evaporative coolers work really well but they do suffer in high humidity. Not just because of the fact that they're putting more water vapour into an environment that already has high water vapour levels, but also 'cause high humidity blocks the filter at the back and reduces the air flow intake. Less intake, less out take.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Why don't we have a hybrid tree that can grow apples, oranges, lemon, mangos, peaches, pears, plums... (and I'm just getting started).

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
On really hot days nothing beats an ice cold beer fresh out of the freezer.
I love JD and Coke slurpees at Summernats.

Wouldn't mind a beer slurpee... I drink Sol and I time it in the freezer so it's sort of a slurpee lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why don't we have a hybrid tree that can grow apples, oranges, lemon, mangos, peaches, pears, plums... (and I'm just getting started).
I'd love a tree that would grow watermelon, mangoes and limes.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The chick at the place I'm working just brought out a bag of Zooper doopers and was like "you can have the entire bag if you want, I'll leave them in the freezer in the laundry".

Anyway I've had 11 already and now I feel sick and want to go home :coldsweat::coldsweat::coldsweat:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The chick at the place I'm working just brought out a bag of Zooper doopers and was like "you can have the entire bag if you want, I'll leave them in the freezer in the laundry".

Anyway I've had 11 already and now I feel sick and want to go home :coldsweat::coldsweat::coldsweat:
Bro, serious question. Can you look after me with hedges that grow 8-10 feet?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'd love a tree that would grow watermelon, mangoes and limes.
I'd love a tree that would grow watermelon, fried chicken, and premixed koolaid bottles.

Bro, serious question. Can you look after me with hedges that grow 8-10 feet?
You don't want hedges growing that high. Massive pain in the arse to maintain!

Murraya's and Lilly Pillys are also pricks of things with the berries they drop everywhere and allergies they cause.