Zero doubts ... ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
It's borderline crazy, I know.

- We lost four in a row - I didn't care.
- We lost to Titans - I went 'meh'.
- Oooh, the Storm's hard in Melbourne they said - Refused to believe we couldn't.

Even tonight ...

- Brett Stewart scored - I had no doubts we'd win.
- Ennis f*cked up the try before Reni got sin-binned - I knew Lyon would miss the goal.
- We got a FG, they got a FG and golden point arrived - I had no doubts we'd find a way.

But believe you me ... I burst into spontaneous body spasms so big when we got the last FG, I woke up the kids and wife because I was dancing and jumping like I was in Bay 23 !!!

I agree, at times it looked ugly. It looked improbable, as well as impossible to fathom.
But I've never doubted we could do this sort of thing when it mattered.

Maybe it comes with being alive for 30+years of Bulldogs campaigns.
Maybe it's just because I'm simply an incredibly loopy character.

Or maybe ... just maybe ... this loudmouth Bulldogs fan is right when he says "this club is guided by a force greater than luck and fate combined"

Start believing folks.
Eternal faith starts NOW !!!

Beat Penrith, and we're chance of creating history the likes nobody has ever seen !

:thumb:

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I prayed and prayed today/tonight for the Dogs to win or get lucky, looks like the Lord answered our questions!

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
This year I've been almost nothing but optimism.

Tonight, I admit, was different. I was on my knees. I thought we had no chance. Not because we're a poor club. We're not. But because of our recent chokes. When Manly were within 20 and in the golden point and the score was 17-all I nearly keeled over backwards. Then, what could be described as a miracle happened. They choked. They absolutely ruined their golden chance. I got up and sat back on the couch, although you probably couldn't call it sitting considering I was right on the edge.

This game - I don't know what it was, I even said "The Dogs are going to lose it, I can't ****ing believe it but the Dogs have stuffed up big time."

Like I've said, I've always seen myself as an optimist and I didn't know what it was in my gut that thought we would lose.

Then I remembered back, but not very far - Thirteen days ago, at Cbus Super Stadium. That was the feeling in my gut.

Then we scored the field goal and admittedly I jumped and I whooped and I screamed and I hollered and I probably woke the neighbours.

Looking back, I'm pissed I let myself get in to that state of mind, pissed I slipped in to the pessimism.

I'll do all I can to be at the game next week - I have no doubts we can beat Penrith.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I was beginning to believe that fate was against us tonight. Expecting to see Hodko's kick ruled against, I was stunned when the ref's hand went up, and full-time signalled.

Guess that optimism isn't my second name.

HazElMagic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wish I had your optimism. I was sh*tting myself in all of those situations tonight lol

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
It's borderline crazy, I know.

- We lost four in a row - I didn't care.
- We lost to Titans - I went 'meh'.
- Oooh, the Storm's hard in Melbourne they said - Refused to believe we couldn't.

Even tonight ...

- Brett Stewart scored - I had no doubts we'd win.
- Ennis f*cked up the try before Reni got sin-binned - I knew Lyon would miss the goal.
- We got a FG, they got a FG and golden point arrived - I had no doubts we'd find a way.

But believe you me ... I burst into spontaneous body spasms so big when we got the last FG, I woke up the kids and wife because I was dancing and jumping like I was in Bay 23 !!!

I agree, at times it looked ugly. It looked improbable, as well as impossible to fathom.
But I've never doubted we could do this sort of thing when it mattered.

Maybe it comes with being alive for 30+years of Bulldogs campaigns.
Maybe it's just because I'm simply an incredibly loopy character.

Or maybe ... just maybe ... this loudmouth Bulldogs fan is right when he says "this club is guided by a force greater than luck and fate combined"

Start believing folks.
Eternal faith starts NOW !!!

Beat Penrith, and we're chance of creating history the likes nobody has ever seen !

:thumb:
Well said Captain . Manly came at us hard , very hard and we held on . Hopefully we can get a full house next week .

I thought we were gone after the Blair try .

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Also prayed that Lyon would miss his kick and he did, it was a good night for Western Sydney!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i had a heart attack but luckily it restarted quickly

its a cruel way to decide a final ffs

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must have hugged 100 strangers in the minutes after full time. It was absolutely buzzing one of the best atmosphere's I've ever been a part of. What a crazy game, i'll always remember it. Makes it even better that my brother is a manly fan and has been a cocky prick and giving it to me all year and we end their season in this way! Epic!

b00merang

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate I wish I had zero doubts.

I had a shit load of hope... But I still had doubts.

Golden point nearly killed me.

After this year I'm sure that being a Bulldogs supporter will be recognised as a risk factor to heart disease and high blood pressure.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This year I've been almost nothing but optimism.

Tonight, I admit, was different. I was on my knees. I thought we had no chance. Not because we're a poor club. We're not. But because of our recent chokes. When Manly were within 20 and in the golden point and the score was 17-all I nearly keeled over backwards. Then, what could be described as a miracle happened. They choked. They absolutely ruined their golden chance. I got up and sat back on the couch, although you probably couldn't call it sitting considering I was right on the edge.

This game - I don't know what it was, I even said "The Dogs are going to lose it, I can't ****ing believe it but the Dogs have stuffed up big time."

Like I've said, I've always seen myself as an optimist and I didn't know what it was in my gut that thought we would lose.

Then I remembered back, but not very far - Thirteen days ago, at Cbus Super Stadium. That was the feeling in my gut.

Then we scored the field goal and admittedly I jumped and I whooped and I screamed and I hollered and I probably woke the neighbours.

Looking back, I'm pissed I let myself get in to that state of mind, pissed I slipped in to the pessimism.

I'll do all I can to be at the game next week - I have no doubts we can beat Penrith.
You must be feeling better than your old man, being a Cowboys supporter!

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate I wish I had zero doubts.

I had a shit load of hope... But I still had doubts.

Golden point nearly killed me.

After this year I'm sure that being a Bulldogs supporter will be recognised as a risk factor to heart disease and high blood pressure.
I agree but what a ride!

I would say CK is loosing the plot. My sphincter was tight as after what we should have won easily.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I must have hugged 100 strangers in the minutes after full time. It was absolutely buzzing one of the best atmosphere's I've ever been a part of. What a crazy game, i'll always remember it. Makes it even better that my brother is a manly fan and has been a cocky prick and giving it to me all year and we end their season in this way! Epic!
Everything in this post is awesome !!!

:becky:

.... also, I love it too when we score/win and the Army turns into a jumping castle with 1,000 people on it !

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's my pre-war speaches lol

I'm 2 from 2 :p

Bulldog Boy

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't remember the last time i felt so sick as i did in the last 15 mins of that game. But when we finally won i just went crazy and hugged every family member around me except my brother in law (A Storm fan) he had the dirtiest look on his face, so i count it as two wins for me tonight.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
It's my pre-war speaches lol

I'm 2 from 2 :p
Stage is yours when you want it good sir ... I say take your time and compose a cracker !

(PS : I'll be right behind you with a trumpet ready to go "To-To-TOOOOOTTT !!!" once you're done. We'll charge into ANZ with a bandwagon 40,000 strong !!!)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'll have one ready for Saturday, just hard to keep it G rated lol

Status
Not open for further replies.