Zane Tetevano signs a one-year deal

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
W

Wonder why he wasn’t signed in the off-season so he could have an impact on the boys. Was he cleared back then? Doesn’t make sense to pick up so late if he was cleared
I think he had to be cleared before even touching a football.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe he should choose his words more wisely then? I can’t stand him because of the juvenile tantrums he always throws and the names he’s called me and others. He also spews some vulgar stuff. He could act as nice as pie now and it would mean nothing to me. He’s made his bed…

edit: Bet he replies ‘cry’ or some other witty remark.
Man if you are going to carry your divots on an internet forum you’re going to need a bigger boat.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I guess it’s not just his personal past, it’s his age, his illness, his last game in the NRL. If it was a 25 year old former SOO prop who went off the rails I get it
Desperate measures for desperate times !

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
W

Wonder why he wasn’t signed in the off-season so he could have an impact on the boys. Was he cleared back then? Doesn’t make sense to pick up so late if he was cleared
maybe because we were stuck with RFM? Which has now opened up and signed zane

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must’ve moved my messages to the junk folder mate..
Nah, I can see a couple that I actually forgot about, but you didn’t send me anything relating to our not signing certain players. You may be joking though and I kinda was with my initial post.

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Damn. We're still discussing this fella's past ...

On the one side based on the little research I've read, this fella has done some bad shit in his life.

While we could argue whether his situation could be worse, or what he did may not have been that bad or ... whatever tbh ...

At the end of the day, what he's seemingly been accused of and found guilty of? is pretty damned dispicable.

The issue I see with a lot of comments is that people are prepared to wipe it away as it's nothing.

"We all make mistakes in our lives and we all deserve second chances."

Yeah ... but surely people realise that there are just some things you can't walk away from and say "She's sweet now"?

On the other side, where do we draw the line?

Footy players, people in general ... we're all fucked up and did really shit things in our lives.

Personally I put drink driving up there with the worst things you can do, and how many of these players do you think have done and continue to do that?

I like a good discussion on here, but as always it seems that people have to pick side and those that don't agree with them get attacked.

Pity really, as it's always good to disagree with people as it should make you think more about your own views.

This certainly has as I was in the "The past is the past" boat, but now I'm somewhere in the middle.

I will say that anyone who pulls on the Blue & White I've got to support. It's just how it is?
I haven't see a single comment whereby people are taking it as nothing...although I could be wrong. I seem to see people saying:
1. It was 10 years ago
2. Everyone deserves a 2nd chance in life
3. He did totally the wrong thing and its unacceptable.

My opinion is he deserves a 2nd chance, and he already was by other clubs. What i can't understand he seems to have proven himself in a 2nd chance. There is no proof of further assaults. To me he has redeemed himself and i believe everyone should get the chance of redemption. My opinion is just a different take on life. I will say though...if you fuck up your 2nd chance...thats it...no coming back!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I haven't see a single comment whereby people are taking it as nothing...although I could be wrong. I seem to see people saying:
1. It was 10 years ago

My opinion is he deserves a 2nd chance, and he already was by other clubs. What i can't understand he seems to have proven himself in a 2nd chance. There is no proof of further assaults. To me he has redeemed himself and i believe everyone should get the chance of redemption. My opinion is just a different take on life. I will say though...if you fuck up your 2nd chance...thats it...no coming back!
Personally, to say it was 10 years ago is saying it's nothing.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
1. It was 10 years ago

Agree
But there will be still clowns on here

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agree
But there will be still clowns on here
Yeah true. But Tassie isn't part of the clown crew. He's entitled to his opinion and is a true supporter. Where as the clown crew disagrees with everything the club does no matter what. Gus could sign Tino, Haas, Cleary and Reece Walsh and they would complain it took too long.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah true. But Tassie isn't part of the clown crew. He's entitled to his opinion and is a true supporter. Where as the clown crew disagrees with everything the club does no matter what. Gus could sign Tino, Haas, Cleary and Reece Walsh and they would complain it took too long.
That’s false, I wouldn’t do that.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
2hrs on a treadmill would be so boring…..Just looked up his stats for Cook islands. Played 80 min both games which is good, it was bloody hot too. Watched the Fiji game and he passed the eye test made about 150m and 30 tackles with 1 or 2 missed.
Played second row in them games I think stats are

Game 1: 80 minutes 12 runs, 105 metres, 42 PCM, 2 tackle busts, 28 tackles with 4 misses & 3 errors.

Game 2: 80 minutes 14 runs, 149 metres 61 PCM, 2 tackle busts, 19 tackles & 2 misses.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The interpretation of that is...it happened 10 years ago with no repeated offences. To me that is redemption.
If I killed someone 10 years ago, but I didn't kill anyone else that means redemption?