Zane Tetevano signs a one-year deal

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did us well last year when Reynolds was leading the training and culture. 60 point losses. Club really makes so many steps forwards but can’t help itself with crap like this
I’m not a fan of it. I don’t like signing has beens yet people used to say to me, it’s good for club to have experienced old heads around training etc. Younger boys today out train the older boys hands down, much fitter. Anyway it’s done now, hopefully as mentioned he stops a few of younger guys getting bashed up to much

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Damn. We're still discussing this fella's past ...

On the one side based on the little research I've read, this fella has done some bad shit in his life.

While we could argue whether his situation could be worse, or what he did may not have been that bad or ... whatever tbh ...

At the end of the day, what he's seemingly been accused of and found guilty of? is pretty damned dispicable.

The issue I see with a lot of comments is that people are prepared to wipe it away as it's nothing.

"We all make mistakes in our lives and we all deserve second chances."

Yeah ... but surely people realise that there are just some things you can't walk away from and say "She's sweet now"?

On the other side, where do we draw the line?

Footy players, people in general ... we're all fucked up and did really shit things in our lives.

Personally I put drink driving up there with the worst things you can do, and how many of these players do you think have done and continue to do that?

I like a good discussion on here, but as always it seems that people have to pick side and those that don't agree with them get attacked.

Pity really, as it's always good to disagree with people as it should make you think more about your own views.

This certainly has as I was in the "The past is the past" boat, but now I'm somewhere in the middle.

I will say that anyone who pulls on the Blue & White I've got to support. It's just how it is?

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please don't say such things thats grossly unfair and none of your business. It's up to the Club to make a call on such matters not you with half the facts and a possible agenda.

He admitted doing it bozo. I've got no agenda.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What’s the point of this line of questioning?
Seems to me that this question was loaded to draw this kind of response from you Marly, don’t buy in relax mate.
I'll remove myself from this. I'll just enjoy my last few months of Klopp :sob:
The line of questioning is as it looks, there is no subtext. I've been straight up, holding a proper conversation about the issues, in part because Marley does get unfairly targeted with scorn. In an effort to turn that around and show a different way of going about things I've treated his concerns seriously. For the record Marley's final response was the opposite of what I was looking for, it killed the conversation.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There are some crazy MF females out there. Particularly some of the gang off-spring in New Zealand. Not sure where the Zane issue happened but there are always two sides to a story.
Aussie chicks seem more psycho ala Josh Reynolds ex

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
While I wouldn't say it's the same level of grub and I don't think that line of discussion is where we should be going tbh ...

I do get what you're saying.

Some sinds are unforgiveable no matter how many years have passes is what you're saying.

And I totally respect that as it's hard to argue against tbh.
A high percentage of DV cases result in the mental/physical and sometimes death of children involved, Its the same level of grub, but you are right its not worth discussing mate.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The line of questioning is as it looks, there is no subtext. I've been straight up, holding a proper conversation about the issues, in part because Marley does get unfairly targeted with scorn. In an effort to turn that around and show a different way of going about things I've treated his concerns seriously. For the record Marley's final response was the opposite of what I was looking for, it killed the conversation.
and also created a Marly pile on in the process, I know that wasn't your intention but that was the result.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was his comment to your questioning that took it to the next lvl.
Maybe he should choose his words more wisely then? I can’t stand him because of the juvenile tantrums he always throws and the names he’s called me and others. He also spews some vulgar stuff. He could act as nice as pie now and it would mean nothing to me. He’s made his bed…

edit: Bet he replies ‘cry’ or some other witty remark.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Seems as though those that have a strong view either pro, against or somewhere in the middle, have expressed it on here, or hold their opinion/values privately within themselves.

He has been signed. Gus has made the decision and that's that. We had no weight in Gus' decision, one way or the other really.

Each to their own how they support, or not, the decision. We move on and hope footy wise it will be a good signing now that the decision to sign him has been made.

Maybe we can all agree it was unfortunate that we have found ourselves in the position of having to sign this guy, for all his various apparent faults, and health issues, rather than a better player.

As someone said: it is what it is.

Last edited:

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Totally understand some people’s opinions on these types of signings. If people knew the reasons behind some of the other targets not coming off they may think differently but we are where we are until we manage to build up our forward stocks. Play on!
Can you share your knowledge of the reasons behind some of the other targets not coming off, or is it confidential?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seems as though those that have a strong view either pro, against or somewhere in the middle, have expressed it on here, or hold their opinion/values privately within themselves.

He has been signed. Gus has made the decision and that's that. We had no weight in Gus' decision, one way or the other really.

Each to their own how they support, or not, the decision. We move on and hope footy wise it will be a good signing now that the decision to sign him has been made.

Maybe we can all agree it was unfortunate that we have found ourselves in the position of having to sign this guy, for all his various apparent faults, and health issues, rather than a better player.

As someone said: it is what it is.
The coach and Gus know him well that's good enough for me in terms of what sort of bloke he is now.
I'd suggest noone on the kennel knows him at all.
It's done, it's minimal to zero risk imo and low cost too so hopefully he is of service to the club.