Your team for next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
I'm inclined to leave Idris where he is, sometimes a player rebounds with a steady performance after a poor game. I like the idea of Stagg in 7, but in reality I can't see too many changes from what we saw on Friday.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
patten
hazem
idris
morris
goodwin
Roberts
Dudsworth
Hannant
Ennis
Hodgeson
Warburton
Ryan
Stagg

Armit
Hickey
Eastwood
Gordon

Reserves:
Morrin
Millard
Utai
Barba
Te Maari

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
1. Patten
2. El Masri
3. Idris
4. Morris
5. Goodwin
6. Roberts
7. Holdsworth
8. Hannant
9. Ennis
10. Hodgson
11. Eastwood
12. Ryan
13. Stagg

14. Armit
15. Gordon
16. Hickey
17. Barba
Where is warburton?

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know he dosent deserve to be dropped, But i had a look @ the bench and figured that 2 props are needed and 1 2nd rower and then 1 back to fill in at 5/8 incase holdsworth/roberts fail in the halves, Other then noddy i beleive that ennis is the only one that can make a decent halfback good enough just to win dosent need to do anything special just the basics.

If they are failing the only thing that might win the game is holdsworth benched ennis to halfback roberts to hooker and barba to 5/8, Or we could stick the same bench and just have roberts play hooker, Ennis at halfback and dj to 5/8, Thats only if the starting line up are failing, A plan b wouldnt hurt.
While this is a good idea, i just don't see it happening at all..

Tbh i'd prefer Stagg in the halves covering for Idris in the defense simply because Holdworth's defense is just as poor as Idris's which means our right side will keep leaking points.

Barba would be good for spark or if we have no way out and using him wouldn't do any harm anyway.

But i suppose we'll see what happens on Tuesday

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm confused and can't see why we can't emulate the Warriors standby team.

If Moore wants Holdsworth, then keep him benched as a potential second rower (which he has played this year before).

Stagg in the halves, Eastwood/Warburton (with his new found attack)/Gordon to lock.

END RESULT:
+ Second Row loses little impact as we still have some good players on rotation there (with Holdsworth if required).
+ Lock retains it's defence and attacking spark.
+ Stagg talks on field and can get the ball out when required, not to mention he has a long range kicking game, AND will harden up the defence on Idris's side.

Sure we lose a little bit of defence from Lock, but shouldn't be that big a difference. Besides Gordon carving up the centre of the field. YES PLEASE!

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had 2 days to cool off and I've come up with:

Unchanged.

Stick with the same side because they will improve plenty and put in a great performance. We will win well. Everyone get out there and show them how much love we have.:love:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I've had 2 days to cool off and I've come up with:

Unchanged.

Stick with the same side because they will improve plenty and put in a great performance. We will win well. Everyone get out there and show them how much love we have.:love:
Let me just say, I think we do.

If we have a repeat performance defensively next week as this week, we may as well start planning for 2010 because the Knights will blow us out of the park based on today.

I don't feel at all confident that last weeks side and it's blatant defensive flaws can hold back the likes of Mullens, Gidley, Macdougall, Uate or Vuna, given that 2 of those mentioned names will be attacking the Holdsworth/Idris/El Masri side of the field!

bulldogchook

MR BULLDOG
Reaction score
ennis to half

what about ennis to half and sullivan to hooker . sorry is sullivan still playing??

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's out for the season with a leg injury and has been injured for a while.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Slippery isn't around much anymore, so I thought I'd do the honours:

:sleepy:

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
LOL 1 loss and everyone is sooking. Typical no faith in your team. Show some faith.

russler

Waterboy
Reaction score
i believe we should remove holdsworth play stagg at halfback and put barba on the bench.Stagg stiffens up the defence on Idris's side where Bk would normally be .Warburton or eastwwod can cover for stagg.leave roberts at 5/8 as not to disrupt the left hand side ..and then bring barba on if need be ,perhaps late in the half when he can use his speed ,both in attack and on kick chases.

Status
Not open for further replies.