Dead Memories.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thinking about the good old days when we had the mad scientist at the helm

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am all good. Expected a loss much worse. At least we have an excuse for not doing better, we have a large chunk of our cap in hospital.

It's shame because I think we'd be much higher up the ladder if we had everyone on board and it wouldn't be all doom and gloom.

Deflating yes, but light at the end of the tunnel... Previous seasons there was no light.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fmd what's with all the shark abuse :( ..their magnificent beasts *the animal not the **** of a football team.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Feel sorry for you guys Atleast I got to see the 80s and what a real dogs team was yeh I get pissed when they loose but not much cos I got something to compare too
I got to see the 50s and 60s, where we were often as average as we are now, but I was also lucky enough to see the 80s when we had the best Bulldogs teams ever to wear the jersey.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I got to see the 50s and 60s, where we were often as average as we are now, but I was also lucky enough to see the 80s when we had the best Bulldogs teams ever to wear the jersey.
We just don't have the x factor players anymore who are able to pull something out of the fire from nothing. Every team needs them.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We just don't have the x factor players anymore who are able to pull something out of the fire from nothing. Every team needs them.
IMO, X Factor players can only shine behind A dominant Forward Pack & the Forward Packs we had back in the 80's, parts of the 90s, early 2000's & even 2012 to 2014 were frigging awesome, some of the toughest that ever played the game.
Fix this and we shine again.

It really is that bloody simple.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
IMO, X Factor players can only shine behind A dominant Forward Pack & the Forward Packs we had back in the 80's, parts of the 90s, early 2000's & even 2012 to 2014 were frigging awesome, some of the toughest that ever played the game.
Fix this and we shine again.

It really is that bloody simple.
Can't "totally" agree Papa. X factors make their own luck and don't rely solely on their forwards. We have too many players willing to sit back and wait and not step up and make a difference.

Its a team game but individuals can change a game in an instant. We currently have no one able, maybe willing, to go there.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And also...(bit of a rant)

our forwards are generally smaller and, as per past years, we can't get guys to the ground. Thompson is not likely to help with that. Pele might and so will Kiks (eventually if form picks up)

All the forwards we have out aren't your Paulos, AFB, JWH, Haas', Sele, Leota or Fisher-Harris' anyway.

But of the guys we do have playing atm only RFM, Sutton and Ballerinabor are the only ones likely, or deserve, to be in jeopardy of going back to Cup. Even this is questionable with the Ciro selection methods....whatever they are apart from steady/experienced. Therefore the additions to last nights team, if all availble, are Kiks, Thompson and benchie Pele.

Our best forward pack:
Thompson Mahoney King
KIKs Preston
TPJ
(Pick next best 3 benchie forwards)

Thats Thompson and Kikau added and fans think we are gonna give all this space to the "poor" halves and backs. It wont bc the halves and backs need to step up themselves and make opportunities just like Sharks did.

We have got to stop blaming the forwards. They for the most part bust their guts. They are smaller but bust their guts for their team mates nevertheless.

We should be calling out the halves and backs for not treasuring the ground our honest toilers do make for them. Those forwards deserve to have functioning 100% effort halves and a backline that can score and not keep dropping the ball or shirtgrab or watch centres get pushed over and then not put every effort into at least a leg tap.

What I'm saying is every single aspect of a successful team is not happening with the Bulldogs atm and don't blame the forwards.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
And also...(bit of a rant)

our forwards are generally smaller and, as per past years, we can't get guys to the ground. Thompson is not likely to help with that. Pele might and so will Kiks (eventually if form picks up)

All the forwards we have out aren't your Paulos, AFB, JWH, Haas', Sele, Leota or Fisher-Harris' anyway.

But of the guys we do have playing atm only RFM, Sutton and Ballerinabor are the only ones likely, or deserve, to be in jeopardy of going back to Cup. Even this is questionable with the Ciro selection methods....whatever they are apart from steady/experienced. Therefore the additions to last nights team, if all availble, are Kiks, Thompson and benchie Pele.

Our best forward pack:
Thompson Mahoney King
KIKs Preston
TPJ
(Pick next best 3 benchie forwards)

Thats Thompson and Kikau added and fans think we are gonna give all this space to the "poor" halves and backs. It wont bc the halves and backs need to step up themselves and make opportunities just like Sharks did.

We have got to stop blaming the forwards. They for the most part bust their guts. They are smaller but bust their guts for their team mates nevertheless.

We should be calling out the halves and backs for not treasuring the ground our honest toilers do make for them. Those forwards deserve to have functioning 100% effort halves and a backline that can score and not keep dropping the ball or shirtgrab or watch centres get pushed over and then not put every effort into at least a leg tap.

What I'm saying is every single aspect of a successful team is not happening with the Bulldogs atm and don't blame the forwards.
Exacly right bro! Our backs need to play harder and get us the yardage we need