Your Passion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
How's it holding up these days?

After so much promise in 2009, we have completely fallen off the tracks. Considering we've actually had a good roster, have you lost some of your passion in supporting? Bearing in mind that obviously it wouldn't be lost forever, but just temporarily...

Have you noticed you don't get as sh*tty after a defeat, because it was half expected in the first place?
Have you switched off the TV at times, or missed games that you would have ordinarily attended?
Do you laugh at schoolboy errors?
Do you feel any kind of connection with our current crop of players?
Have you been giving up on them?
Do you think our team has completely lost the Bulldog spirit?
etc.

Discuss how YOU are faring these days in reaction to our lacklustre performances, and our club.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't feel any loss of connection or anger to the team but it's fairly evident that this team has no direction. I've said this before, when there's a problem with the body look at the head.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i normally wouldnt get pissed as much as i used to but i think today it has been revisited for me....i think by far this loss has pissed me off the most...we looked so lost and lack any sort of direction at all...if there was any sort of passion in the team we would have won today imo

bullpup71

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i keep getting in to troubble because of my passion

Number13

Management
Reaction score
How's it holding up these days?

After so much promise in 2009, we have completely fallen off the tracks. Considering we've actually had a good roster, have you lost some of your passion in supporting? Bearing in mind that obviously it wouldn't be lost forever, but just temporarily...

Have you noticed you don't get as sh*tty after a defeat, because it was half expected in the first place?
Have you switched off the TV at times, or missed games that you would have ordinarily attended?
Do you laugh at schoolboy errors?
Do you feel any kind of connection with our current crop of players?
etc.

Discuss how YOU are faring these days in reaction to our lacklustre performances, and our club.
You should pose this question to the Club, the administrators and the players. The supporters continue to suffer the indignity of these losses and inept performances. If nothing changes then nothing changes.

My passion is fine. I just sent my memberships to Greenberg seeking a refund and a reason why I should support his lot in 2012. Actions speak louder than words.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I always watch the game to the end, and never leave the stadium early, but didn't make it to the stadium today for health reasons, but watched at home and halfway through the game my house mate (big bulldogs fan/member) said "yep, what I expected", then went into his room and didn't come back out.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
even watching the bulldogs suck is better than not watching the bulldogs in the offseason

but obviously there will be a diminished passion compared to when we are dangerous

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't watch the game today, I usually do my best to watch the game and plan around. Today, I took the woman and kids out and got the scores on the radio. The way they were calling it on grandstand, we were rudderless with no game plan whatsoever.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
My passion is fine. I just sent my memberships to Greenberg seeking a refund and a reason why I should support his lot in 2012. Actions speak louder than words.
Respect has just jumped. I like when people are willing to take their own stance.

bullfrog_rip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
not expecting them to win and not thinking they could mount a comeback are things which have popped up lately..i always had faith that even at 20-10 down we could come back...this year i dont

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i still support the club, because i know we'll get through this, whatever happens. but my passion has waned for sure.

while i have to watch the team put in one average performance after another with no signs of growth, after 13/15 rounds into the season (we've had 2 byes) then i start lose fire

right now i couldn't care less. i'm expecting them to lose the majority of the remaining games as we've seen no progress to date. i see us missing the top 8 again, maybe even lower than last year, on current trends

there's still time to turn it around of course, but surely you'd expect to see some growth as a team if that's going to happen

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's almost embarrassing to wear the jumper atm, how are us fans expected to have pride in our jersey when the players that represent our club obviously don't?

I will stick by my team. I stayed untill the 80th minute against manly, again today, but how long will we have to watch this group and their leader make a mockery of what it means to play for Canterbury.

****ing disgrace.

Benny77

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Have you noticed you don't get as sh*tty after a defeat, because it was half expected in the first place? YES, I just say **** it and move on
Have you switched off the TV at times, or missed games that you would have ordinarily attended? NO, i watch all the way thru... im just a sucker for pain
Do you laugh at schoolboy errors? YEs, i even cackle like a schoolboy
Do you feel any kind of connection with our current crop of players? YES, im obssessed with how white Tolmans hair is
Have you been giving up on them? I havent tipped in footy tipping competition for weeks
etc. YES, the spirit is now just a ghost of the past

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not real flash at the moment, but I'm a Bulldogs supporter through and through and always will be. Love em to death, even if they drive me to it .;-)

Number13

Management
Reaction score
Not real flash at the moment, but I'm a Bulldogs supporter through and through and always will be. Love em to death, even if they drive me to it .;-)
They are not worth dying for! By placing your faith with an organisation that continues to disappoint, more so than in the past, is an act bof foolishness.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
The fans will always show passion and bear the brunt of the losses but it does not surprise me that most of our squad plays with no passion and commitment, what are we meant to expect when most of our players are bought and our player turnover each year is a joke. These players dont know what it means to be a bulldog and wear that jersey with pride, there is no passion in our game but when pretty much everyone is bought, I don't expect them to give a sh!t, they are here to get paid and then in a years time we will just buy another 10 players etc. We need to get back to the bulldogs way and start promoting from within and developing a squad that understands the bulldogs culture and passion we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.