Your Passion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
I started laughing during the Manly game, continued to laugh when I read about Idris and his bleeding everywhere for the club but can't even front for training, cringed with fear when our captain Ryan stated on the footy show that they had NO idea why they where playing so crap(how can you fix it?), cried when I watched that incipid display against the sharks today, and wanted to get out my H&K and sit on a roof top near K Moore's house and fix all our problems when i heard the same old ****y excuses in his post match comments.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
The fans will always show passion and bear the brunt of the losses but it does not surprise me that most of our squad plays with no passion and commitment, what are we meant to expect when most of our players are bought and our player turnover each year is a joke. These players dont know what it means to be a bulldog and wear that jersey with pride, there is no passion in our game but when pretty much everyone is bought, I don't expect them to give a sh!t, they are here to get paid and then in a years time we will just buy another 10 players etc. We need to get back to the bulldogs way and start promoting from within and developing a squad that understands the bulldogs culture and passion we have.
well said...just a shame that there isnt any sort of pride to be honest

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They are not worth dying for! By placing your faith with an organisation that continues to disappoint, more so than in the past, is an act bof foolishness.
Dont mean it like that mate. trust me.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Have you noticed you don't get as sh*tty after a defeat, because it was half expected in the first place?
YES - But not because I half-expect it ... I don't need a "W" or the "2pts" as much as other fans do in order to have enjoyed watching my club go round.

Have you switched off the TV at times, or missed games that you would have ordinarily attended?
Canberra, Manly and Cronulla are hard to stomach ... I've been known to walk out of the room if we lose possession, as the opposition enjoys "6" courtesy of our mistakes.

Do you laugh at schoolboy errors?
LOL - No ... I have with NSW though so I know the feeling.
Maybe I should try it more ... but right now the reflex reaction is to pump up the defense and shout things like "One SET !" at the TV.

Do you feel any kind of connection with our current crop of players?
Certainly with some ... but not with all.

Have you been giving up on them?
No.

Do you think our team has completely lost the Bulldog spirit?
It's bizarre ... ever since the Parra win, we've shown none of the spirit that won us that game so emphatically.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same old story, our tries are only coming from individual moments of magic (offloads to barba etc) or from a break in the forwards/lucky bomb etc.

When we get up to the opposition goal line we never look like scoring, ever. We opt for the lottery bomb and it may come off about 1 in 10, but we have no cohesion and just arent shifting it wide or fcking doing anything really that would be considered threatening. This is a huge problem, as without barba i arent even sure if we would have won a single game all year anymore.

Another thing is our forwards. We routinely made about 30metres per set of 6 whilst cronulla was making 50ish.

To me it just looks like the players dont care.

If we improve all of a sudden, that is fcking great, but it would be completely unexpected. But if we continue to play the way we are and scrape over the line for a few wins and somehow make the 8 via that I will be frustrated. I am starting to think that losing a bunch of games like today in disgraceful circumstances may actually prove as a wake up call for everyone at the club. At least thats what i hope.

Too be honest i cannot see how anyone who watches our games could have any passion toward the current team. There is nothing (besides barba?) that would inspire any sort of passion. I left the game today feeling more bored than anything, nothing inspiring happened. It was just so emotionless and flat.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
My passion for the dogs and NRL doesnt change.

My happiness level with our teams form isnt in as good shape, but the passion is always there.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this question should be put to the players and staff, us the fans ATM have more passion to the club then theose players do.
I love the club, I will always support the club, people like the Mortimers, lamb, etc.... Who bled for this club inspire the hell out if me... But these current crop of players I have no connection with.

I have sent a twit to greenburg, and I expecting a reply.

BullDoggy10

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I feel frustrated because I may be a little dilusional but I beleive we do have some pretty good talent in first grade and at the club.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
I am at the "no expectation, no dissapointment" stage after todays game.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Board and Greenberg need to show some phucken passion and sack Moore for phuck sake.
The fans have been put thru enough the last 2 seasons !

trudoggie

Waterboy
Reaction score
The passion is still there. I'll still turn up for every game (more than I can say for some of players). If the players showed half the amount of passion for the club that the fans show, we wouldn't be in this position

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Board and Greenberg need to show some phucken passion and sack Moore for phuck sake.
The fans have been put thru enough the last 2 seasons !
Oh ffs, the problem is not Moore... There other issues, serious issues...
But you are right, Greenberg need to address them, and do so quickly.

raz7au

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
My passion is fine. I just sent my memberships to Greenberg seeking a refund and a reason why I should support his lot in 2012. Actions speak louder than words.
I believe all of the PAYING members, Not including you computer cowboys, Should do the same and these players should refund each and everyone of us, Because we are the foolish followers who are paying them to continue to EMBARASS this once mighty club.

And in answer to your Question Yes my passion has waned, But i continue to make my way up from wollongong every game.....

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
I have no expectations of this season now honestly the way we turn up we deserve the spoon, what promised to be a good year is pretty soul destroying. The team is rudderless and zero is been done to improve that situation, in fact it seems to be getting worse. Today I was at the tigers match, at least I was with my tigers supporting mates. bulldog don't deserve my cash with what they have been serving up.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I find it harder to be passionate the way i used to be. I didn't even listen to the game today as I was certain that they'd give it away to the Sharks - and I can't handle listening to us fail again. The loss is easier to take when I'm just given the final score, rather than agonise through the whole game.

I don't expect anything more from the team this year. Maybe I'll get excited before 2012 starts up but, right now, I find it hard to be positive.

Thank heavens Carlton is going so well.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
I find it harder to be passionate the way i used to be. I didn't even listen to the game today as I was certain that they'd give it away to the Sharks - and I can't handle listening to us fail again. The loss is easier to take when I'm just given the final score, rather than agonise through the whole game.

I don't expect anything more from the team this year. Maybe I'll get excited before 2012 starts up but, right now, I find it hard to be positive.

Thank heavens Carlton is going so well.
thats where most of my joy has came from this year too. dirty i missed the better part of the game today :(

my passion was here in 08, here today and still will be if there is another spoon year. gets very frustrating.

Sull

Whitaker Eye
Reaction score
I have no connection to our playing roster whatsoever. They are essentially tools to be used to obtain a goal. This is the issue with the salary cap. I no longer feel like players are "ours" or any emotional attachment to what we cheer on each week. They are essentially faceless jerseys running around.

We scramble like all clubs to sign/let go players each year just to get under a ceiling in terms of player salaries. Sure it levels out the playing field, but it desensitizes you from emotionally connecting with your club and in turn, rugby league.

Imagine if we could play with "our" players. This is where I sympathize with the storm. They deserve to keep their stripped premierships.

If there was no salary cap we'd have Barba, Thurston, Mason, Anasta, Sonny Bill and Idris next to each other. Asotasi. The list goes on. Players we spotted and developed.

And I'd feel a connection to those players.

Status
Not open for further replies.