Your 2022 NRL Finals Week 1 Predictions?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
(1) Penrith Panthers vs (4) Parramatta Eels
(2) Cronulla Sharks vs (3) North Queensland Cowboys
(5) Melbourne Storm vs (8) Canberra Raiders
(6) Sydney Roosters vs (7) South Sydney Rabbitohs

I think the higher seeds all win but every game is a live game.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If cowboys turn it on, I believe they can get the sharks. Be hard playing at shire, cold windy conditions

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Panther, Shark, Storm, Rooster

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Murray plays, i reckon Souths win. Roosters shot there load on Friday night/
Sharks/Cows is a real toss up. Cows have had a crazy easy draw this season. They have not even beaten a good team in Sydney this season. They had last second lucky wins v Manly and Raiders. Not convinced at all.
If Hughes plays, the Storm beat Canberra.
Panthers are not letting the Eels beat them 3 times in a season.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Penrith's defence will be nothing like the holes Eels have encountered over the last month. With up to 12 players back and hosting a home Final at BlueBet Stadium they'll be too strong for the Eels.

Sharks at home should beat the Cowboys.

Both these teams have had dream season in that they've had fewer injuries than most and they've been favoured by the seasonal draw in that they didn't have to play a lot of the top teams twice as some of the lower teams had to. There's nowhere for them to hide now but I tip Sharks at home although Cowboys have had a good record away this year, they haven't won at Pointsbet in a very long time. Talakai injury does give the Cowboys a rough hope if he doesn't play which seems highly likely as his aggravated an old injury. It's very hard for an away team to win at PointsBet. Not impossible, being a finals game, but highly unlikely.

I'm tipping Canberra to beat Storm who have been very brave but have had a horror run with injuries, which I think is now catching up with them. Raiders have won their last 4 games against the Storm in Melbourne and are a team that is playing with a lot of confidence and are one team most others will be dreading to face.

Roosters V Souths, you can never be confident with these two clubs. Rorters are playing as well as any team in the competition, but have they played their GF early, they have a few injury concerns now but do get a few injured players back including Sua'ali'li, Radley and Tupou. Souths are hopeful of Murray playing but do get Damien Cook back. Prior to last Friday's game Souths had won their previous 4 games against the Rorters.

Rorters are playing with a lot of confidence, but Souths can win with a more focused and determined Latrell, Cook back and hopefully for their sake Murray as well.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Panthers
Cowboys
Raiders
Roosters

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Eels
Cowboys
Raiders
Rabbits

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think this is what I'm tipping at this stage. They are all actually pretty interesting games and each one could genuinely go either way. Manu out and Murray in is a big deal. Anyhow, I reckon at least two games will be decided by referring/bunker fuck-ups.
Damien Cook back for Souths with Radley, Suaalii & Tupou back for the Roosters.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rads has been cleared to resume full contact training so is a certain starter for Sunday.
JWH and Verills also cleared to play.
Toops and Sua'ali'i resume training this week and both are aiming to be fit to play.
Manu = calf strain 2-3 weeks.