Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Browne signed on with us.

Payne is great in NSW Cup but in first grade his offloads don't work as well because coaches get their players to be more effective at shutting it down.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
they are not that flash but Goodwin and Lett could cover injuries

If Morris gets injured, push Goodwin to wing and Wright to centres

if Barba gets injured, Lett to fullback...

not great, but they still can get the job done...having said that, i think we need a new winger to wear the number 5 jersey
B.Morris?

Next year, the Dragqueens have Cooper, both Stanley boys, Nightingale, B.Morris and have now purchased Vidot.
Wonder how they are going to fit them all in if Moltzen was purchased to go at fullback. Six starting NRL wingers for 4 positions.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My guess is that Moltzen will play utility while training as Hornby's replacement.

Still, I wouldn't mind BMoz, but he's been a bit average this year.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we finish up with a win there is no need for so many changes. Finals or no finals keep a similar team unless they are faused changes.
I think you were trying to write forced?

hence why I was talking about cover for injuries...

Wright is not a winger, neither is Lett, we still need a winger and 5/8 IMO

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think you were trying to write forced?

hence why I was talking about cover for injuries...

Wright is not a winger, neither is Lett, we still need a winger and 5/8 IMO
We need an experienced Centre!!! Willy Tonga would have been perfect, EG he has been at the dogs before, he is the right age and has the right experience, has played SOO has played for Australia but we got rid of him in the first place!! is there anyone else we could have got with the same credentials NNOOO!!

I wonder if Mr Gasnier would consider putting retirement on hold for a couple of years so he could nurture some of our young blokes??? maybe it would be an incentive for him to sign up for a couple of years?
He has done it all just maybe he could put something back into NRL which he has taken out!!

Bulldog Centres 2012, Gasnier & Lafai, does this sound good or what after all Gasnier is only 29 years of age!!!

P

Paint.

We need an experienced Centre!!! Willy Tonga would have been perfect, EG he has been at the dogs before, he is the right age and has the right experience, has played SOO has played for Australia but we got rid of him in the first place!! is there anyone else we could have got with the same credentials NNOOO!!

I wonder if Mr Gasnier would consider putting retirement on hold for a couple of years so he could nurture some of our young blokes??? maybe it would be an incentive for him to sign up for a couple of years?
He has done it all just maybe he could put something back into NRL which he has taken out!!

Bulldog Centres 2012, Gasnier & Lafai, does this sound good or what after all Gasnier is only 29 years of age!!!
And Morris?

Naki

Kennel Established
Reaction score

when we bought tonga in 04 he was 19 i think and had barely any if any first grade experience.. if theyre good enough theyre old enough

lafai is good enough

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
1. Barba
2. Turner
3. Morris
4. Lafai
5. Lett / Cutler

I think it's worth a crack next year.

Sure Lett and Wright both have average handling, Cutlers slightly better, but Lett and Cutler offer a bit more pace. Lett offers better footwork over Cutler and Wright.

B

Baghdatis

What about this -

8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Graham
11. Pritchard
12. Tapau
13. Stagg

14. Kasiano
15. Finucane
16. Halatau
17. Browne

WOW..!! :grinning:

G

Gladiator.

What about this -

8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Graham
11. Pritchard
12. Tapau
13. Stagg

14. Kasiano
15. Finucane
16. Halatau
17. Browne

WOW..!! :grinning:
What about this:

Listen in class, then you wouldn't have to ask us to do your homework.

B

Baghdatis

What about this:

Listen in class, then you wouldn't have to ask us to do your homework.
Mate i'm just puttting my opinion forward. I'm in english now and i got a A on my report card, so don't go on about that.

G

Gladiator.

Mate i'm just puttting my opinion forward. I'm in english now and i got a A on my report card, so don't go on about that.
Don't call me mate, I'm more than happy to give your school a ring and let them know exactly what you're doing in class. You're there to learn not post on a forum.

Dogmad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. barba
2. turner
3. morris
4. lafai
5. wright
6. reynolds
7. hodkinson
8. tolman
9. ennis
10. graham
11. pritchard
12. eastwood
13. stagg

14. kasiano
15. millington/payne
16. taupau
17. halatau

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know its Early and were still not done with 2011 but 2012 is Looking Good Baby!

Fullback 1. Barba
Left Wing 2. Morris
Right Centre 3. Wright/ Or any new centres they may sign
Left Centre 4. Lafai
Right Wing 5. Turner
Five-Eight 6. Reynolds/ Keating/ Romelo
Halfback 7. Hodkinson
Prop 8. Tolman
Hooker 9. Ennis/ reynolds
Prop 10. Graham
2nd row 11. Pritchard
2nd row 12. Eastwood
Lock 13. Stagg

Bench. Kasiano,Taupau, Halatau, Payne, Reynolds, Romelo, Keating

What are your Thoughts??
Team Subject to change due to Money still SITTING in the Bank!!
We have no chance without a class 5/8th, no team has !
Greenberg should go all out to sign Carney and buy a minder for him

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The top 25

I want to know who will make up the top 25. I think we are 1 man short, hopefully this spot gets filled by a junior.

Ben Barba
Josh Morris
Tim Lafai
Bryson Goodwin
Michael Lett
Steve Turner
Jonathon Wright

Michael Ennis
Trent Hodkinson
Kris Keating
Josh Reynolds
Joel Romelo

James Graham
Aiden Tolman
Sam Kasiano
Martin Taupau
Frank Pritchard
David Stagg
Greg Eastwood
Jake Foster
Dene Halatau
Grant Millington
Tim Browne
Corey Payne

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What's the deal with Lett? Is he going to Souths or is he staying?

I hope we are not faused to let him go.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is the team I would start with next year.
  • Lett in for his pace. Like Gus says, there's no substitute for speed.
  • Keating at 5/8 cause I think we have no better option.
  • Eastwood starting (if he is fit enough) cause we need size in our pack. We need to be effective from the first minute.
  • Halatau at lock, cause he runs excellent lines at pace. Is a clean defender. And his pace makes our pack a little more mobile.
  • Reynolds over Romelo cause he offers more all round.
  • Stagg on the bench for added forward versitiliy. And incase we need to sure up our defence.

But over-all, I really don't think we have the roster to be a premiership winning team, yet. But I think if we can stick with the bulk of these players for a few years, let them gain experience, then I think we'll be in a strong position

1. Ben Barba
  2. Steve Turner
  3. Josh Morris
  4. Tim Lafai
  5. Michael Lett
  6. Kris Keating (by default)
  7. Trent Hodkinson
  8. James Graham
  9. Michael Ennis (c)
  10. Aiden Tolman
  11. Frank Pritchard
  12. Greg Eastwood