Your 17 after nines

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArnieD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Very true and at the Dogs that's where he'll probably stay. But he oozes that much talent i think it would be very interesting to see him get good ball earlier in a trial game. But its just a thought.
I agree with you on Rona. I think he will end up in the centres soon enough. That try he scored against Canberra last year was classic centre running.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Were the replays on Fox or on nrl.com?.... I missed the game vs manly. I watched the first two on nrl app but could only find highlights of the manly game.
I iq'd our games on fox bud
im a Bulldogs tragic and watch all our games at least twice

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Philips and Faulolo and Frawley impressed I agree. Does anyone know definitively if Des was there?. I suspect he and Bennett were the only NRL coaches that didnt bother to go. Shows what they both think of the tournament and impact on who should play NRL.
All the same if he didnt go because he doesnt rate it, it shows a poor attitude on his part. When players run out wearing club colours for any tournament, they represent the club, themselves, family and supporters. We care how they go. I for one hated how the Broncos nearly won against Warriors, only to have Johnson score a special that put us out of the Qtrers.

Trex showed, despite looking good physically, why we all have no time for him - hed rather pass than run the ball.

The trials should sort a few things out. If B Moz knee doesnt look like being right to start the season, Philips surely is being groomed for fullback, rather than Perret.
Hasler doing a no show can only maintain the bad blood between the NRL and the Bulldogs. But on the upside, Jim Dymock had the Dogs put in their best effort yet at the nines. I liked Dymock when he played for us and I like him as a coach.

You're dead right about She Rex. He is the most consistant player we've got; puts in a half hearted shit performance ay every outing.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Mbye needs to be in the 6.
Frawley in the 7
Bye bye Reynolds
I will agree with this, but only if we don't see some maturity from Grub... He needs to become a leader this year. He has the experience now, and has to play a lot smarter.

He wants to model himself on JT. so he has to match JT's maturity with some cool thinking. He doesn't need to play every game at full speed. While that is great for enthusiasm, it detracts from his game.

He needs to step up, and lead from the front. If he doesn't, then Frawley is waiting in the wings.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
My 17 but Hasler would never do it-

01. Hopoate

02. Bmoz

03. Jmoz

04. Rona

05. Phillips

06. Reynolds

07. Mbye

08. Tolman

09. Lichaa

10. Klemmer

11. Jackson

12. Lane

13. Eastwood

14. Graham

15. Kasiano

16. Browne

17. Abbey

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

01. Hopoate

02. Bmoz

03. Jmoz

04. Rona

05. Phillips

06. Reynolds

07. Mbye

08. Tolman

09. Lichaa

10. Klemmer

11. Jackson

12. Lane

13. Eastwood

14. Graham

15. Kasiano

16. Browne

17. Abbey
Abbey aint ready even off bench and rona defensively not right for centres ,id have same team with bmoz at fb ,hoppa centre ,rona/phillips on the wing jammer to start and trex or garvey on bench instead of abbey

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Abbeys "not ready for fg" is 10 times better and more beneficial to the side than a 31yr old pensioner on the wing making error after error even after 200 plus fg games

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Bmoz, 2. Stanley 3. Hopp, 4. Jmoz 5. Rona

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

01. Hopoate

02. Bmoz

03. Jmoz

04. Rona

05. Phillips

06. Reynolds

07. Mbye

08. Tolman

09. Lichaa

10. Klemmer

11. Jackson

12. Lane

13. Eastwood

14. Graham

15. Kasiano

16. Browne

17. Abbey
6 props and 2 backrowers? That side is far to middle heavy. Abbey on the bench is odd, can't see him defending anywhere in the frontline atm. Rona at centre? No thanks, the bloke is a ridiculously good finisher and i wouldn't wanna break up his combo with Morris. But i agree with the rest. Klemmer must start, the club i taking the piss if he plays off the bench.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
6 props and 2 backrowers? That side is far to middle heavy. Abbey on the bench is odd, can't see him defending anywhere in the frontline atm. Rona at centre? No thanks, the bloke is a ridiculously good finisher and i wouldn't wanna break up his combo with Morris. But i agree with the rest. Klemmer must start, the club i taking the piss if he plays off the bench.
So does that mean you would have Brett morris on the right wing?

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jammer must start and lane to the bench. And I would give TRex a few weeks on the bench and if doesn't put in then Garvey or Brown could be a good option.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So does that mean you would have Brett morris on the right wing?
Yes. Gives us 2 world class finishers on each flank and and some genuine speed within the centre/wing combo. Though i have wondered lately if Brett could have made the move to centre rather than fb. Wouldn't require the workload or skillset of a fb, and defensively youd think he would be able to handle the move.

Klemhammer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would have graham playing as lock
1.morris
2.rona
3.morris
4.hoppa
5.stanley
6.reynolds
7.mbye
8.tolman
9.lichaa
10.klemmer
11.jackson
12.trex
13.graham

14.kasiano(prop 1)
15.browne (prop 2)
16.eastwood (lock)
17.lane (2rf)

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I picked Abbey on the bench because if we are chasing points I'd bring him on at fullback, move Hopoate to the wing and have Brett Morris in a roving role supporting the props who I'd have doing offloads galore. Could you imagine in the last 20min having Morris and Abbey in a free role?

Browne would mainly be Eastwood's backup.

Where did this notion that Rona can't defend at centre come from?

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so whats everyones line up after yesterday? I think we should give abbey,elliot and fualalo all a go round one.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
so whats everyones line up after yesterday? I think we should give abbey,elliot and fualalo all a go round one.
Dunno, the stream didn't work.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I picked Abbey on the bench because if we are chasing points I'd bring him on at fullback, move Hopoate to the wing and have Brett Morris in a roving role supporting the props who I'd have doing offloads galore. Could you imagine in the last 20min having Morris and Abbey in a free role?

Browne would mainly be Eastwood's backup.

Where did this notion that Rona can't defend at centre come from?
Fair enough. Rona isn't the best while defending at centre, but that isn't why i wouldn't nove him there. He is a freak on the wing for us and he and Morris have a strong combo

Status
Not open for further replies.