Young dog Oloapu doing everything right

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let’s shatter his confidence by chucking him in a team with a foward pack who comes second majority of the time, alongside Burton who needs a more dominant half besides him himself. I get Flannagan is unbearable but we have to develop him. If we can stabilise and actually provide a steady team with a competent system and structure he can infiltrate into then I’m all for it but I just don’t see a good outcome.

Give him time in reserves, let build consistency, confidence, eagerness and desire to get in the first team instead of chucking unessecary pressure so early on.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Let’s shatter his confidence by chucking him in a team with a foward pack who comes second majority of the time, alongside Burton who needs a more dominant half besides him himself. I get Flannagan is unbearable but we have to develop him. If we can stabilise and actually provide a steady team with a competent system and structure he can infiltrate into then I’m all for it but I just don’t see a good outcome.

Give him time in reserves, let build consistency, confidence, eagerness and desire to get in the first team instead of chucking unessecary pressure so early on.
Tbf he looked good behind a forward pack of Morrin and that tsikrikas who are bog average

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LOL he is top 30 part of a professional sporting team doubt he would be flying mid week back and forth.
Ummm yes he does i follow him on insta too.

But if he was travelling to Melbourne of course he'd be travelling with the team because he's on the extended bench in case there is any injuries thats standard.

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey so did Burton, he looked like a fucking world beater when he filled in during origin at Penrith. Now look at him, useless lol. (Obv i know hes probs had a bad start and hes got the talent but yeh needs to pull his finger out.)
He's a target. All teams will be out to block him.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Noticed last night he was on a plane at Sydney airport. But other players still in Sydney. Think todays a day off. Flying home for the day?

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1,2,3,4,5,6, and 7 will all struggle behind a pack being belted week in and week out. TPJ expected back soon, Thompsons season is basically over and Patolo is a kid who will miss half the season.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
So? I can list so many targets that still dominate.

Munster
Latrell
Turbo
DCE

And so on and so on...

Not an excuse. Burton needs to lift asap.
The excuse is the team that Burton plays for. We do not protect him like other teams protect their stars.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He will walk out before his 4 years are up. His mates all play for Dolphins. Likes the Dogs but it’s not home.
He’s 18 and moved to a big city from a country town in Brisbane. He loves Sydney

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t buy into the “burton needs an organising half” debate. Burton needs someone that offers a threat on the other side of the field. Teams stack their defence against our left hand side.
We were successful with grub and Keating in the halves, neither are organised but both offer some kind of threat with the ball in hand.
KO and alamoti on the right with rfm and Burton, kikau and Skelton on the left.
Tough for teams to defend the unpredictable

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t buy into the “burton needs an organising half” debate. Burton needs someone that offers a threat on the other side of the field. Teams stack their defence against our left hand side.
We were successful with grub and Keating in the halves, neither are organised but both offer some kind of threat with the ball in hand.
KO and alamoti on the right with rfm and Burton, kikau and Skelton on the left.
Tough for teams to defend the unpredictable
Yep. Flanno can’t pass or kick offers nothing in attack so teams load up on the other side. Not hard to defend when Flanno is on the opposition.

Play the kid if he’s as good as everyone says.

Dingobat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He will get his shot. A matter of when and not if. I think Ciro is waiting to get a couple of forwards back before throwing him in.