Young dog Oloapu doing everything right

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact that he was thrown straight in against men for the first time, in his first game of the season is telling.

I think he is a special to debut sooner than later.

The real good ones can virtually skip reserves.

Dingobat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Even spud Carroll thinks he’s too good for reserves. This kid will play NRL sooner rather than later.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He'd get way more out of playing 80 minutes in NSW Cup. I get what you are saying but no. Would learn more from playing 80 minutes and showing he can control a side at that level first, then the transition to first grade will be easier. The last thing we should want is a team getting belted like we are in first grade and putting a young half on with 15 to go and expecting miracles, that's asking for trouble.
Agree putting him on with 15 to go, expecting miracles from him would not be the way to go.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im no Flanagan apologist but that’s an appalling conclusion .

I think Flanagan is our best 7 solution right now but the fact burton was so appalling amplifies the weaknesses not just in Flanagans game but the team in general .

We know Flanagan is limited but he did not cost us the game , you can argue the sin bin changed the game but the call to send him to the bin was a bad decision bordering on cheating

We are not good enough of a team to overcome bad decisions at the moment and you need a lot more output from burton when you consider our attack is structured to go left
My point here is, they’re never going to demote Burton - agree, Flanno didn’t cost us the game, however, he’s clearly in the hot seat and KO is literally the best half option we have, that includes Burton whose only really been proven at Centre.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How about this?

1. Perham/Avo
2. JAC
3. Burton
4. Alamoti (on his best side)
5. Kiraz
6. Karlo
7. Grub/Flange

Maybe I’m drinking the “burton’s not a 5/8th” koolaid too, but it’s also that Karlo has more of a 5/8th style. Could he and Burton work in the halves? Probably but I’m not convinced.
Thoughts on:
1.Fox
2.Skelton
3.Kiraz
4.Alamoti
5.Okunbur
6.Burton
7.KO
Thinking we benefit from Fox at the back with 2x units on each wing to get us on the front foot when starting sets?

bulamakdoggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Interestingly Karl has been named at halfback and Bailey Hayward at Five-Eighth this weekend in Cup.
He's coming for Flanagan!
What is more interesting is where is Karl off to... posted earlier from inside plane at Sydney Airport. Could he be on his way to Melbourne ?

Attachments

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What is more interesting is where is Karl off to... posted earlier from inside plane at Sydney Airport. Could he be on his way to Melbourne ?
Is the purple filter a subtle sign??

I get the feeling he may get a look in…maybe the young bloke at the Dolphins has paved the way regarding NRL readiness?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Guess the question is, How many games are we prepared to lose before we have no choice in blooding him? It's inevitable.