Young dog Oloapu doing everything right

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we all know the correct decision is to play KO at 5/8th, Flanno at half and JR as 14.

Burton at left centre but only if he is showing to be better than Alamoti.

Right centre can be Skelton while Averillo and Perham can fight it out for fullback.

I'd probably favour Averillo at FB as he has shown he has toe when making a break or in broken field and chimes into backline better than Perham.

The question for Gus and CC is, do they want to do what best for the team, or what's best for Burton's feelings and his contract terms...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His defense was mint... Chopped everything in half that came near him.

His attack needs work. Technique is wonderful, accuracy needs attention.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s to raw for FG and if we are going to improve we need an EXPERIENCED half.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Well the controlling 1/2 is SUPPOSED to b flano

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would let him get his legs under him in Cup, the kid is going to be awesome and it’s just a matter of time

For a guy that hasn’t played much footy in a min he was massively impressive

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This idea that special players aren't ready..
Look at Ben Barba when he started, he was shocking and debuted in a cluster fuck team and went on to become dally m player of the year... if you're good you're good

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only problem for the kid is we play really poorly at the moment, and if he comes in and we don't win, he'll get rubbished in no time.

I don't mind seeing players given a go, and having a go, even if they fail abit. As long as they can learn and show improvement. Sometimes that might mean another spell in reserve grade to work on their deficiencies.

But I'm.a firm believer of having the right combos and I'd like to see KO play with JR in Cup for a couple of more weeks and then promote them together if first grade continues to fail.

Dingobat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why not put him on the bench as a utility and give Reynolds the halfback starting spot. Karl can come in and relieve JR.