Young Blokes are on Fire.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did Flannagan go last year in NSW Cup when he was there? As far as i remember our NSW Cup was also doing fairly well last year.

I think the best way to compare them would be to compare their stats in the same competition as opposed to comparing one's NRL stats to their NSW Cup stats
The thread wasn’t meant to be a Flanagan v Oloapu discussion, it was more about how well all the players are playing together as a team.

But since you’ve gone there, I wouldn’t be interested in comparing stats from their cup games, it’s whether they can bring similar stats to first grade that interests me, aside from some good tackle counts young Flano’s stats in 1st grade are terrible, we’ll have to wait and see how KO’s 1st grade stats turn out, fingers crossed they’re a lot better ..

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Topine 5 missed tackles, I thought he was a much better defender, is this possibly what is keeping him out of the top grade? I can’t see any other reason why he’s not there in front of Waddles but then Okunbor is there and he’s a turn style so I dunno

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The thread wasn’t meant to be a Flanagan v Oloapu discussion, it was more about how well all the players are playing together as a team.

But since you’ve gone there, I wouldn’t be interested in comparing stats from their cup games, it’s whether they can bring similar stats to first grade that interests me, aside from some good tackle counts young Flano’s stats in 1st grade are terrible, we’ll have to wait and see how KO’s 1st grade stats turn out, fingers crossed they’re a lot better ..
To be fair i absolutely agree that Oloapu will supplement Flannagan sooner rather than later, but comparing their stats in Cup games gives me validation to the fact that Oloapu would perform better in FG as opposed to Flannagan.

I do think Oloapu needs more development but given the team we have now vs the team we had last year, if he were to debut i would be confident that he'll be at the very least on the same level as Flannagan

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
KO is getting alot of attention but for mine Rajab is way ahead and ready for step up to replace the Flange.He looked good for lebanon and has had 2 stellar years and is looking the same again.With the team winning Flange will hold his spot even though he does F#$% all.Last week at the end of game we needed him to take control as Burton ran out of options and doesnt have the footy iq and made ordinary last tackle options.Flange doesnt want the ball.
Sadly i dont see Rajab in Goulds plans,hope he is.Crazy if we loose this kid.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
KO is getting alot of attention but for mine Rajab is way ahead and ready for step up to replace the Flange.He looked good for lebanon and has had 2 stellar years and is looking the same again.With the team winning Flange will hold his spot even though he does F#$% all.Last week at the end of game we needed him to take control as Burton ran out of options and doesnt have the footy iq and made ordinary last tackle options.Flange doesnt want the ball.
Rajab not being in the top 30 I think shows where he fits in the future plans of the club.

How JR got that gig over him amazes me.

This also means at best we can’t see Rajab in the top grade until mid season.

I would have liked to have seen a rotation in the 14 jersey of KO & Rajab to give a clearer picture on where we are headed in our development at 7.

Who plays 7 from 2024 and beyond is the single biggest missing piece of the puzzle. Giving these young guys a taste of it by putting their toe in the water IMO is a better option that playing Okunbor on the bench.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe it’s smart to be patient with KO, when he hits 1st grade I’d like to see him with the whole bag of tricks that a 7 should have, especially an accurate short kicking game like shifty had, that would compliment Burton & Reeds kicking skills.

I’d like to see him getting repeat sets, try assists and running the ball, you know, all the things we’re missing.

He kicked for over 200 mtr, 3 try assists, 1 tackle bust, 1 line break, 1 line break assist …

I think that’s just his 2nd game playing 7, given time he’ll only get stronger, better, and more confident … needs a lot of work defensively ..

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Rajab playing 6 & KO playing 7, I can’t see them replacing Flano with Rajab unless they’re going to swap them around during the season and see who handles which position better, if Rajabs the better 7 KO could put on a bit more size and play 13 ..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Been happy with how things are panning out so far but yeah things look less than promising for both Topine and Rajab. Would be a tragedy to lose them but perhaps they will get a chance to show they too will thrive under Ciro. Way to go yet in the season.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oloapu seems to really make sure he gets his hands on the ball heaps, and as a result that allows the #6 alongside him to play a more relaxed ball running game.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As it should be , need to dominate this level before you get a crack in FG. Sadly we have been so shit we had to rush them in too early last few years

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rajab should be in the top 30 and he should've started ahead of Flanagan in round 1.