You cannot coach stupid people

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do the players even know how to play the game? Do they know how important field position is? Do they understand it’s about having possession as many times as they can in the oppositions half and limiting the others teams possession in our own half? Then if they understand this maybe they won’t push passes from the first hit up after a kickoff or kick out on the full from our kick offs. They are meat heads

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was fuming when JMK did a no look pass from dummy half, who does this idiot think he is? Benji Marshall with a no look pass??

Barrett needs to get up in the faces of these frauds that call themselves professional footballers and scream at them until they snap out of the rubbish they've been producing for the whole season.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally right,how on this earth do u make the same mistakes,the same bad reads,the same dropped balls,missed tackles,at this level every week,sad but this mob are not up to it.
How the hell do they get picked every week as well?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This group of players had Pay screaming in frustration in the coaches box. Barrett needs to go off on these imposters as well.

Get Ricky Stuart in to give these clowns a spray and shake them up, they've been so use to a losing culture. The moment we bring in a coach who is a serial winner and won't take any prisoners they will either pull their finger out or will be found out quickly.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I don’t think the majority of players on the Penrith or Melbourne rosters are exactly MENSA material. You CAN coach stupid people. A lot of league people are stupid. You can’t coach stupid people if you’re stupid yourself, though.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How stupid do you have to be to keep selecting them then????

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think the majority of players on the Penrith or Melbourne rosters are exactly MENSA material. You CAN coach stupid people. A lot of league people are stupid. You can’t coach stupid people if you’re stupid yourself, though.
There's a difference between being real world smart and football smart. Yes most footballers are probably not the sharpest tools in the shed (e.g Paul Vaughn) but you at least need to have football IQ. Napa's moronic tackle 1 pass shows he doesn't even have that

You're 100% right about stupid people not being able to coach stupid people although I don't think Baz is stupid...he has just has a garbage spine and a weak forward pack. On the other hand his team selections, specifically his loyalty to plodders, is doing my head in

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly. Bellamy has coached plenty of them. Big Nelson is as dumb & as thick as they get. Brenko Lee as well.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was fuming when JMK did a no look pass from dummy half, who does this idiot think he is? Benji Marshall with a no look pass??

Barrett needs to get up in the faces of these frauds that call themselves professional footballers and scream at them until they snap out of the rubbish they've been producing for the whole season.
To be fair, it was a good pass. Whoever was meant to be catching it wasn’t paying attention and dropped it.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
There's a difference between being real world smart and football smart. Yes most footballers are probably not the sharpest tools in the shed (e.g Paul Vaughn) but you at least need to have football IQ. Napa's moronic tackle 1 pass shows he doesn't even have that

You're 100% right about stupid people not being able to coach stupid people although I don't think Baz is stupid...he has just has a garbage spine and a weak forward pack. On the other hand his team selections, specifically his loyalty to plodders, is doing my head in
Footy smarts can be Fischer into players too though.

As far as Barrett goes, he keeps either buying the wrong players, or using them incorrectly....so he can’t continue to get a pass Mark due to the roster he has to work with. Pay hot getter performances out of a roster that was worse.

I think Gus is going to have to go a lot of shadow coaching over the next few years.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

JMK is the worst man. His service is atrocious and barely offers a running game. At least BBO has a better passing game and actually runs out of DH. We instantly look better when he is playing but he is raw.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lowest IQ players/team in the NRL. Napa's mistakes are Barrett's fault for continually picking him. I don't even blame Napa anymore.
Back when footy was a man's game the coach would hook a player for that ridiculous attempted off load by Napa but instead he stays out there and the whole team gives him a pat on the back and some high fives and then next set he gives away a 6 again on tackle 4 which results in a sharks try then couple minutes later high tackle penalty which also results in a try...I have never seen a player have such an influence on the opposition team scoring!! He might as well have put a sharks jersey on for that 15 minutes of hell. Single handedly fucked us today the big for nothing cat

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This group of players had Pay screaming in frustration in the coaches box. Barrett needs to go off on these imposters as well.

Get Ricky Stuart in to give these clowns a spray and shake them up, they've been so use to a losing culture. The moment we bring in a coach who is a serial winner and won't take any prisoners they will either pull their finger out or will be found out quickly.
Na na not Ricky get bellyache

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Part of the issue is we dont have much depth but flick hopps/napa put averillo in centres try bbo/lewis in halves

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To be fair, it was a good pass. Whoever was meant to be catching it wasn’t paying attention and dropped it.
It was shit!!! No look pass from dummy half, he isn't fit to lace Benji's boots and he is trying that rubbish. He wasn't fooling anyone with the pass he only fooled his own team mate with that moronic play.