You can see it from a mile away - terrible culture

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
T
If the training regime is so tough why are we the most unfit club in the comp? Never play a full 80, or even 40. Gas out after a few repeat sets. Most players out on their feet after 20 minutes. U could pardon this in the big boys and vets but even burton, kiraz, fox and others are regularly hands on hips. Its embarrassing
That has more to do with motivation and team enthusiasm by the looks than fitness. They just dont look up for the challenge of competing.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A lot of posters have identified a lot of problems. Most of them are true.
Perhaps the biggest problem is that the club has developed a losing mentality. Until some
sort of positivity is established, success will be just a memory.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha, 1 to 2 years. It's been 8 years of shit. Fans are entitled to express any opinion they want at this point
Not sure where I said you couldnt express an opinion and I can assure you my frustrations are your frustrations.

It has been 8 years of shit and we are a bottom 4 team, I am not denying it but at the end of the day, its a new coach, a new GM and a relatively new operations & management structure. This might be the right or wrong set up or somewhere in the middle but this level of change needs to run its course for several years before we toss it away and start again.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CC sprouted Culture, Culture, Culture all through pre season and tried the 90s "soft, artifacts, history, etc" approach - it doesnt work it has never worked in organisations particularly sports clubs where the purpose is winning.

One difference this week - he talked about the need to develop on field leadership in off season and avoided answering questions about rfm n sutton - spoke about only wanting players who want to be.

Big coincidence that RFM n Sutton get unfit to play so close to game time - RFM, who missed games when he allegedly had pnuemonia and also missed games whilst in NZ, and Sutton both allegedly those who have issues with training hard.
The truth is that there will ZERO transparency whilst Gould is in the joint. Nobody can believe one word of what he says. Naturally this is going to rub off on Ciraldo and all the staff. The whole club in fact.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Season was realistically dusted when we lost to Roosters at Gosford. After that game finals were never a realistic chance.

A huge part of sport is mentality, if you don't have that mental edge, confidence or belief, things can start to slide very quickly.
Season was over when we couldn’t even compete with manly in round 1 and then made excuses about the team needing time to click.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Perhaps the biggest problem is that the club has developed a losing mentality. Until some
Yes.
I do find it perplexing (as the kids say) that when me memes here point this stuff out, others attack them.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You my friend need to learn etiquette.
Especially when speaking to a thugg
I need to learn etiuette and you need to learn sensible. As for the "thug" bullsh!t, stop talking yourself up to being the "bad arse tough bloke", it just exposes you for who you really are.
BTW the mergerer talk is clown stuff.... are you really one of, them?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That is why you have a coach and why good ones get the kudos for team success. They bond the playing group.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It is culture... but what culture exactly? No one elaborates, so I shall.

It's very simple. There's no doubt that the root cause of the bad performances are from within the club.

The problem is it's a chicken and egg. I've talked about this before.

The factors that are from outside the club, the little injustices, are now routinely ignored by our club.

Put it this way... why are Queensland the "perennial underdogs". It's absurd. Everyone knows it's absurd. But whatever one might do to eliminate the "meme", it will always exist. Because the effort to remove it, just reinforces it.

"Don't think about it" DOESN'T WORK! You are going to think about it.

Traditionally, whether we really got a fair go or not, there has always been an "us against the rest of the world" attitude to the club. Now, the PR wing of our club go out of their way to give of the impression "no, the Bulldogs club are not like that anymore. We are a humble group. We blame no one but ourselves. And we are 'community leaders'".

Ultimately my point is... everyone talks about the playing and coaching staff. Over the years, we've had a very capable playing group. What I believe they lacked was, something that was present at the club before, was a feeling that the club would defend them.

Would raise all hell for a judiciary outcome that was inconsistent with what other got. A fine for a coach for being honest about on field events, etc...

"Oh this is the new appealing face of the NRL". Fuck it. "The game is bigger than the club". Not to me. I can leave it. Fuck with the Bulldogs one more time "I dare you. I double dare you muthafucka", then I can leave it to a new breed of passionless fans.

The damage was done in events like muzzling Hasler from mentioning "Voldermort", etc.

So when you are trying to work out why the players seem to lack any care, it makes no sense "oh, they just don't feel an attachment to Ciraldo/Barrett/Pay/Hasler/..".

These are all copes... the last one is the clear example. It can't be coincidence that the decline started shortly after Hasler and the club copped shit for the 2014 GF, and that the NRL started to strong arm the club and the coaches and players to be complete conformists.

If you are the club with one of the biggest "us against them" culture, and then you attempt a 180... like fuck it's a culture problem. Embrace your role FFS!

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m fan in good times and bad I don’t kick my club while they are down.
I believe that Gus is the best person for the job but people like you just love to whinge.
I get it bro your the biggest super fan, bleed blue and white

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We honestly don’t need to fold. Just explore a merger with the sharks.
Keep our colours and either our name or logo.
We need to get behind this so the nrl don’t push us around
Are u trying to start another Cronulla riot

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to learn etiuette and you need to learn sensible. As for the "thug" bullsh!t, stop talking yourself up to being the "bad arse tough bloke", it just exposes you for who you really are.
Bro come on you can’t be this worked up

you worry too much ,

1692580210810.gif

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I have spoken about it in the past. Sharks share our colours and we are both bottom 5 clubs in terms of support/ junior base/ results combo. See that as a collective. We could be a powerhouse. Nrl want to ditch a Sydney team so let’s show them.
As for the thugg…. When I put on the monster bandanna you know it’s serious

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I have spoken about it in the past. Sharks share our colours and we are both bottom 5 clubs in terms of support/ junior base/ results combo. See that as a collective. We could be a powerhouse. Nrl want to ditch a Sydney team so let’s show them.
As for the thugg…. When I put on the monster bandanna you know it’s serious
We are NOT ever going to merge with another club and risk losing our identity and fan base. We've already lost a lot of fans over the last 10 years, why would we consider losing more?

Consider this, the Leagues club in Belmore is our financial backbone. ONE machine at that club makes $500,000 per month - meaning 2 machines per year can cover our salary cap.

A club will only merge for 2 reasons:
(1) They are experiencing financial hardship
(2) They will be stronger together on the field and require it

Now, we are not experiencing financial hardship. As for on the field, we are patient enough to plan for success to come our way which is why we've hired Gus.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is culture... but what culture exactly? No one elaborates, so I shall.

It's very simple. There's no doubt that the root cause of the bad performances are from within the club.

The problem is it's a chicken and egg. I've talked about this before.

The factors that are from outside the club, the little injustices, are now routinely ignored by our club.

Put it this way... why are Queensland the "perennial underdogs". It's absurd. Everyone knows it's absurd. But whatever one might do to eliminate the "meme", it will always exist. Because the effort to remove it, just reinforces it.

"Don't think about it" DOESN'T WORK! You are going to think about it.

Traditionally, whether we really got a fair go or not, there has always been an "us against the rest of the world" attitude to the club. Now, the PR wing of our club go out of their way to give of the impression "no, the Bulldogs club are not like that anymore. We are a humble group. We blame no one but ourselves. And we are 'community leaders'".

Ultimately my point is... everyone talks about the playing and coaching staff. Over the years, we've had a very capable playing group. What I believe they lacked was, something that was present at the club before, was a feeling that the club would defend them.

Would raise all hell for a judiciary outcome that was inconsistent with what other got. A fine for a coach for being honest about on field events, etc...

"Oh this is the new appealing face of the NRL". Fuck it. "The game is bigger than the club". Not to me. I can leave it. Fuck with the Bulldogs one more time "I dare you. I double dare you muthafucka", then I can leave it to a new breed of passionless fans.

The damage was done in events like muzzling Hasler from mentioning "Voldermort", etc.

So when you are trying to work out why the players seem to lack any care, it makes no sense "oh, they just don't feel an attachment to Ciraldo/Barrett/Pay/Hasler/..".

These are all copes... the last one is the clear example. It can't be coincidence that the decline started shortly after Hasler and the club copped shit for the 2014 GF, and that the NRL started to strong arm the club and the coaches and players to be complete conformists.

If you are the club with one of the biggest "us against them" culture, and then you attempt a 180... like fuck it's a culture problem. Embrace your role FFS!
My head hurts