You can see it from a mile away - terrible culture

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gould is a myth and he’s head of football

Ciraldo is a myth, unproven coach and he’s head coach

Khoury is out of his depth and mostly absent as chairman

Can’t believe I’m one of the few who could see this shitshow coming. Writing was always on the walls
You're a dickhead, nobody cares about your negative opinion.

No solutions, just negativiey!

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So what would you do better?
CC has put them on a very tough training regime from pre season til now. It forced Reynolds into early retirement. It’s caused a lot of so called first graders to burn out. Is the culture because of CC and Gus or are they going by the old dogs way which is breaking you down before they can build you up? Takes longer than a year to build a culture, and it’s not as easy as building it. It’s easy to point fingers at Gus and CC but I don’t think you lot really understand how fucked this club was/is
If the training regime is so tough why are we the most unfit club in the comp? Never play a full 80, or even 40. Gas out after a few repeat sets. Most players out on their feet after 20 minutes. U could pardon this in the big boys and vets but even burton, kiraz, fox and others are regularly hands on hips. Its embarrassing

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All said and done, it’s been a bad year but gee surely everyone needs to give the entire club the benefit of the doubt for 1-2 years?
Like, what the fck so people expect? Just turn it around in 12 weeks “Cause the broncos came last a few years back and look at them now”.
Absolute fools in this place…

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our backline has significantly picked up in quality for next year IMO. The fact of the matter is we can possibly still improve our pack moderately even without picking up recognised stars.

The concerning thing is that we hit a point this year where the attitude just visibly fell right off a cliff and that manifested in defence. The coaching staff just haven't been able to fix that and the floggings are getting more frequent.

I wasn't going to watch another game this year, but I watched until I had to go out today. I thought we copped a lot of shit calls again but did well to stay in it until the 60th minute.

I dare say if we had two players that made contact with opponents heads with knees they'd have had a ten minute spell in the sin bin. Overall I think the team deserved a bit of raise for staying in it when the refs were giving us nothing.

Hopefully next year we start better and don't have a big form slump that sees the attitude due.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All said and done, it’s been a bad year but gee surely everyone needs to give the entire club the benefit of the doubt for 1-2 years?
Like, what the fck so people expect? Just turn it around in 12 weeks “Cause the broncos came last a few years back and look at them now”.
We are worse than last year.. did you think we were expecting grand final or something?
We are wooden spoon material.. no one expected that

Malla

Reaction score
If the training regime is so tough why are we the most unfit club in the comp? Never play a full 80, or even 40. Gas out after a few repeat sets. Most players out on their feet after 20 minutes. U could pardon this in the big boys and vets but even burton, kiraz, fox and others are regularly hands on hips. Its embarrassing
Takes longer than a year to build fitness. They are burnt out, which is the embarrassing thing. People can argue that CC is training them too hard but CC is bringing over what he was part of in Penrith and if that’s too tough for some then NRL isn’t for them.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We honestly don’t need to fold. Just explore a merger with the sharks.
Keep our colours and either our name or logo.
We need to get behind this so the nrl don’t push us around

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gould is a myth and he’s head of football

Ciraldo is a myth, unproven coach and he’s head coach

Khoury is out of his depth and mostly absent as chairman

Can’t believe I’m one of the few who could see this shitshow coming. Writing was always on the walls
You have absolutely no idea. Your just a negative person who needs to fuck off to another forum or give up on social media.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
So what would you do better?
CC has put them on a very tough training regime from pre season til now. It forced Reynolds into early retirement. It’s caused a lot of so called first graders to burn out. Is the culture because of CC and Gus or are they going by the old dogs way which is breaking you down before they can build you up? Takes longer than a year to build a culture, and it’s not as easy as building it. It’s easy to point fingers at Gus and CC but I don’t think you lot really understand how fucked this club was/is
Gould has said that it will take time, and that fans have to understand that there is no easy way back. The top performing clubs will not let their stars go to any rival, so the idea of buying Tino and Haas is all media fake news. Top players are happy to continue to play for their current clubs, and if they did move, the Dogs are way down their list of alternatives.

The only way up is to develop our own talent, and secure players like Preston and Morrin who will play 80 minutes at full pace. Our younger players will be given their chance in the next 12-24 months. Some might find that first grade is way tougher than the lower grades, and need to go back to develop their strength and iron out their problems. It will be like this for another couple of years, but the talent is there - just needs time to bring these kids through without breaking their spirit.

Those who want instant solutions have been given what they want with Hasler and Barrett. Now it's time for a more sensible approach.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Haha, 1 to 2 years. It's been 8 years of shit. Fans are entitled to express any opinion they want at this point

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We might fold tbh… Gus is clueless
With comments like this, it only serves to inspire those who wish that upon the club. The club needs our support in these rebuild times and we will come good. I don’t know where in a 5yr plan people expected premierships in 2… it’s typical of narrow minded view.

The irony is, most of us realistically expected to get crushed yesterday by 60….me included, the team did well to stay in touch and at 18-18 looked like we had the running until a momentum swing turned things. I was generally happy with our performance, not so much from some individuals though.

Ciro as coach needs at least next year with more quality and depth coming to show he can coach, Gus’ job is not doing a Des i.e. cheap thrills for decade suffering thereafter… he literally needs all those 5yrs in his plan to bare fruit and secure some marquees.

Malla

Reaction score
P
Gould has said that it will take time, and that fans have to understand that there is no easy way back. The top performing clubs will not let their stars go to any rival, so the idea of buying Tino and Haas is all media fake news. Top players are happy to continue to play for their current clubs, and if they did move, the Dogs are way down their list of alternatives.

The only way up is to develop our own talent, and secure players like Preston and Morrin who will play 80 minutes at full pace. Our younger players will be given their chance in the next 12-24 months. Some might find that first grade is way tougher than the lower grades, and need to go back to develop their strength and iron out their problems. It will be like this for another couple of years, but the talent is there - just needs time to bring these kids through without breaking their spirit.

Those who want instant solutions have been given what they want with Hasler and Barrett. Now it's time for a more sensible approach.
Preston, Morrin, Kiraz, Edwards and Wilson are the only ones from this team that have a future at Dogs. Others are way off the pace. Let me put it this way for all people who think Dogs are better off without CC and Gus… all the players I named above, except Morrin, were part of junior development systems elsewhere. They’ve come into dogs and have easily shat on other players part of this squad for >2 years. Other than Kiraz, none of them were top 30 this year. Kiraz himself wasn’t top 30 this time last year either. The club was wayyyyyyy off the pace. Still is way off the pace.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Takes longer than a year to build fitness. They are burnt out, which is the embarrassing thing. People can argue that CC is training them too hard but CC is bringing over what he was part of in Penrith and if that’s too tough for some then NRL isn’t for them.
I agree with this. I came through a school system famous for rugged training and it took more than a pre-season to turn our team around. But we did inside 3 years to be Commbank premiers. I don't think it's acceptable to lower our standards because this cohort haven't kept up this year. Penrith are elite for a number of reasons and I have no issue with cc flogging them if it will improve their total performance, eventually.

Maybe just head over to your phins forum and tell them how Bennett is doing so well.
This is the thing. Their season almost mirrors ours. Rushed out of the gate, faded badly. No one should be gloating about a team made from scratch having won 1 more game than us. Would Bennett have done better with our squad? Who knows?
No solutions, just negativiey!
This is what I struggle with. Besides sack everyone, buy everyone else, including coaches, what can we do? Marquee players aren't available, marquee coaches aren't either. There's no one to buy. Every club madly paying overs to keep their own. Can anyone honestly say Tino is only a couple hundred grand off Nathan Cleary?! That's where it's got to. If we enter another bidding war, we're back to Des era with the top 17 all on back-ended deals for $1.3M each

I so get the frustration. My first GF was 1980, so my earliest memories of our club were toughness and dominance. My poor beanie has never had so many trips across the loungeroom, thrown in disgust. This is one of those, "hold on, take the hits and hope" these leaders know what they're doing kind of journeys. Penrith took a long time from cellar dwellars to now and no one can tell me it's not Gus. Look at the production line of junior players. No marquee signings, just astute 1's and 2's to plug gaps in the squad. This should be our aspiration. F#$K Haas, let's find our own

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
probably Gassed from defending all there errors