Wtf is going on

adamsapple

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm in my mid 30's I've lost so far 6 mates from my childhood that passed away from cancer
Today another shock has come and found out another mate has been diagnosed with cancer and been told he has no more than 1year to live

My friend has a wife and kids

How are young people dying from cancer at this rate
I feel like 10 20 years ago this wasn't happening at this rate what has the human race done to become like this

I think I'm just ranting and venting i dont know

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that mate, that’s rough.

I’ve also known well two young-ish people lost to cancer - but six or seven - wow. Such an insidious disease that hopefully one day can be conquered.

Did any of the affected people have anything in common other than being mates ie: lived in a similar area? Wondering if it could be environmental related?

I hope your mate can make the most of whatever time he has left. All the best.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought about this the other day aswell I feel like it wasn’t nearly as common as it is now and you have to wonder why? All this bullshit about foods now that cause cancer you don’t know what to believe anymore it’s pretty scary though and sorry to hear that about your mate..I came across a video on my YouTube feed the other day a dr talking about cancer interesting also to read the comments some people who were diagnosed and given months to live and have survived agree with what he says take it how you will but worth the watch if your life depends on it.maybe you can show your mate I’ll post it up anyway
Prayers to him and everyone else battling this **** of a disease hopefully there is a cure one day

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I believe it has to do with all the process crap and artificial sugars we consume.

I never really paid attention to cancer awareness or any of that stuff until my mum passed away 3 years ago from bowel cancer.

My uncle died last month from liver cancer and he wasn't even a drinker.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dr Eric Berg is a hack. He's not even a real doctor. He's a chiropractor. He pushes his own Keto books and meal plans that he sells. That's basically all he is. A salesman.

That said, there have been some links found between high meat, fat, sugar and salt consumption and cancer. And humans have been increasing their intake of all of these, so it makes sense that there would be an increase in cancer.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dr Eric Berg is a hack. He's not even a real doctor. He's a chiropractor. He pushes his own Keto books and meal plans that he sells. That's basically all he is. A salesman.

That said, there have been some links found between high meat, fat, sugar and salt consumption and cancer. And humans have been increasing their intake of all of these, so it makes sense that there would be an increase in cancer.
Well I didn’t know that but so do doctors with the chemo and flu jabs and all the other money making bullshit none of that works I would love to know the actual success rate of chemotherapy my opinion it’s just a cash grab

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm in my mid 30's I've lost so far 6 mates from my childhood that passed away from cancer
Today another shock has come and found out another mate has been diagnosed with cancer and been told he has no more than 1year to live

I feel like 10 20 years ago this wasn't happening at this rate what has the human race done to become like this

Sorry to hear that you've lost so many of your friends to cancer. I hope your mate manages to defy the odds and beat it.

In the last 18 months I've lost a stepbrother to lung cancer and a brother in law to a rare form that the doctors took about 2 months to diagnose and about 2 months and 1 week to end his life once they realized his rapid weight loss wasn't related to the diet he was on.

I don't know the stats on whether cancer is becoming more common or not. But I hope you get to spend some quality time with your mate while he's still in decent health. I don't recall who here on the kennel gave me this advice, but your mate probably won't want to be treated like an invalid. He's still the same mate you've always known, so don't mourn him before he's gone. He just might beat it, but if not maybe discuss his bucket list and see if you can help him cross some things off.

And last of all I know it's hard to deal with the fact that you know someone's time might be coming to an end. He'll have counsellors to help him and his immediate family deal with it. If you find it's affecting your mental health you should also consider talking about it with a professional. It may not make you feel much better about it, but I think talking things out can be much more healthy than bottling things up and trying to just man up.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well I didn’t know that but so do doctors with the chemo and flu jabs and all the other money making bullshit none of that works I would love to know the actual success rate of chemotherapy my opinion it’s just a cash grab
A girl I went to school with had cancer when she was 23. She went through with chemo and has been cancer free for 16-17 years. I don't know how often it works, but early detection is the key. I think many people don't know they've got cancer until it's too late for Chemo and other treatments to be of much use. I know big pharmaceutical companies are greedy and lacking in ethics, but I do think that there are organizations doing their best to find better treatment methods. Hopefully one of them finds a better solution to beating cancer in the not too distant future.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It puts things into perspective doesn't it. Many of us get upset about work issues or other things that don't matter.

We should all really take stock and have gratitude for what we have.

Sorry to hear about the many people not so lucky.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Bloody hell mate.. So sorry to read this..truly. I don’t really know what to say.. Unfortunately, things happen..there is no reason or explanation as to why these things occur..they just do..that is life..sometimes it is cruel and unfair.. My heart goes out to your friend and friend’s family.. Take care man..

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
A girl I went to school with had cancer when she was 23. She went through with chemo and has been cancer free for 16-17 years. I don't know how often it works, but early detection is the key. I think many people don't know they've got cancer until it's too late for Chemo and other treatments to be of much use. I know big pharmaceutical companies are greedy and lacking in ethics, but I do think that there are organizations doing their best to find better treatment methods. Hopefully one of them finds a better solution to beating cancer in the not too distant future.
My youngest one 6 has a high chance of developing a childhood cancer since the age of 3 blood test and scans every 6 weeks, every year passes the less the risk is, and from what I been told if it does happen its very treatable with a high recovery rate.
The first few months were fucked every 6 weeks waiting to find out if you're kids got cancer fucked with my head a lot.
we consider ourselves pretty lucky, when we first went to rns got taken around a children's cancer ward met a few kids who were never coming out couldn't even begin to imagine how their parents deal with that.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My youngest one 6 has a high chance of developing a childhood cancer since the age of 3 blood test and scans every 6 weeks, every year passes the less the risk is, and from what I been told if it does happen its very treatable with a high recovery rate.
The first few months were fucked every 6 weeks waiting to find out if you're kids got cancer fucked with my head a lot.
we consider ourselves pretty lucky, when we first went to rns got taken around a children's cancer ward met a few kids who were never coming out couldn't even begin to imagine how their parents deal with that.
That's a lot to cope with mate. Parents worst nightmare, hope it's nothing but good news for you and your's going forward.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

It is no coincidence we are seeing more cancers when you take into account the amount of carcinogens (a substance capable of causing cancer in living tissue) we have been exposed to by industries over decades. Plastics, pollution, crop dusting, consumption animal drenching, food preservatives, manufacturing chemicals, all these things add to our risk of cell mutations ie cancers. Most of these have been cleaned up in recent years, but in the beginning we were walking petri dishes for industries in regards to the affects these had on us.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It is no coincidence we are seeing more cancers when you take into account the amount of carcinogens (a substance capable of causing cancer in living tissue) we have been exposed to by industries over decades. Plastics, pollution, crop dusting, consumption animal drenching, food preservatives, manufacturing chemicals, all these things add to our risk of cell mutations ie cancers. Most of these have been cleaned up in recent years, but in the beginning we were walking petri dishes for industries in regards to the affects these had on us.
So true. The human body was never designed to cope with so much pollution and chemicals in the air we breathe, the water we drink and swim in and the food we grow and eat.

I lost my only sister to breast cancer at 40 with 4 children under 12.

Been 20 sad years now and her palliative care nurse said even then, when the total numbers are analysed, we are in a cancer pandemic even then.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't imagine a bigger mind fuck. I don't have any kids, but I have nephews and nieces and know that as an uncle I'd have stopped bullets for them. It'd be tough knowing that you have very limited power to protect the little one.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
So true. The human body was never designed to cope with so much pollution and chemicals in the air we breathe, the water we drink and swim in and the food we grow and eat.

I lost my only sister to breast cancer at 40 with 4 children under 12.

Been 20 sad years now and her palliative care nurse said even then, when the total numbers are analysed, we are in a cancer pandemic even then.
Is micro plastic in everything we eat and drink?
Are our oceans polluted with oil and radiation from nuclear experiments, wars and disasters?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Is micro plastic in everything we eat and drink?
Are our oceans polluted with oil and radiation from nuclear experiments, wars and disasters?
Yes Bob.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry to hear.
There’s a decent movie about that scenario - can’t remember the name but Gerard butters in it