wow Nathan Tinkler

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Knights players on receiving end of abusive texts from Nathan Tinkler’s phone

NEWCASTLE Knights players have been receiving abusive text messages from tyrannical owner Nathan Tinkler’s phone.

Only days before Tinkler is forced to hand back Newcastle’s NRL licence after a spectacular collapse as club owner, The Daily Telegraph can reveal some players have been receiving the out-of-line text messages for most of this season.

Currently one of rugby league’s most-loathed individuals, Tinkler’s reputation is poised to take a further hammering amid revelations the one-time billionaire’s phone was used to brand players “soft” and claim the club has “no heart”.

Troubled owner Nathan Tinkler is set to relinquish control of the Newcastle Knights this week,after the Knights Members Club called for Tinkler's Hunter Sports Group to transfer assets back to the members
The Daily Telegraph has been told out-of-form fullback Darius Boyd has been one player who has come under fire in the text messages, including one message which insinuated the Queensland and Australian representative could be traded prior to the NRL’s June 30 transfer window.

Another player who has regularly received text messages being critical of the club and other teammates is star five-eighth Jarrod Mullen, with other senior players also believed to have been on the receiving end.

The messages were being sent as early as round two this season, with the Knights losing their opening three games of the year to Penrith, Canberra and Melbourne. The Daily Telegraph has been told the texts continued until recently.

The failed Knights owner promised to turn Newcastle into an NRL superpower when he privatised the traditionally blue-collar club in 2011.

But the Newcastle community’s patience for the tycoon’s litany of excuses about late payments to players and staff has finally run out, with the NRL poised to end the ownership feud early next week.

Contacted about the text messages, Tinkler’s right-hand man from Hunter Sports Group, Troy Palmer, said via text message: “I assume you have evidence of this as this is a serious allegation and will take whatever action available.

“Nathan has always had an excellent relationship with players. They love him. You obviously haven’t heard about how he visited Alex (McKinnon) last week a day before his ICAC hearing and helped Alex with the first movement of his legs.”

The ironic element of the messages to Boyd is the fact the Newcastle fullback is owed a $200,000 third-party payment and is fuming about the way he’s been treated.

Boyd has a get-out clause in his contract if supercoach Wayne Bennett is no longer the Newcastle coach, which appears an increasingly likely scenario given the seven-time premiership-winner’s contract is with Tinkler’s Hunter Sports Group.

Up to 20 Newcastle Knights staff and players have gone unpaid as uncertainty over the ownership of the club remains.
The Knights ownership dispute is expected to finally be brought to a head early next week, with the NRL head of club services Tony Crawford in continued negotiations with Tinkler, HSG and the Knights Members Club.

The Knights Members Club have been attempting to exercise their right to buy the club back for $1 for the past month, with the terms of the privatisation contract stipulating it must come debt-free.

A crucial element of the handover to the Members Club is also the $10.52 million Westpac bank guarantee.

Given the way Tinkler has chosen to do business at the Knights, there are fears the club’s level of debt could greater than previously thought.

This is most likely what the NRL has been attempting to resolve for the past eight weeks, when all parties involved have been gagged from speaking publicly.

Source: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...+dailytelegraphnrlndm+(Daily+Telegraph+|+NRL)

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Best one was him telling boyd he is soft and has no heart.

100% spot on

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol at the soft and no heart part. Completely spot on.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
TBH, Boyd is the greatest Origin player ever. The way he just falls over the line while everyone else does the work is amazing....

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
"One of rugby leagues most loathed individuals" this was written by Hooper. Now while Tinkler is behind in payments it is not good. But he never went and knocked on the door of the mannah house hold trying to link a flimsy story to john's death
YOU HOOPER are pure FUKKING SCUM. For you to say some one is loathed in league, what a joke .Have a real good look in the mirror and be honest you FUKKING MAGGOT

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tinks is a fat dumbfark. Only got his money from an insane amount of luck.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best one was him telling boyd he is soft and has no heart.

100% spot on
I was amazed seeing a clip from the last Knight's game. Manly launched a high bomb to land on about the Newcastle 10m line and Boyd literally stood still and watched while his teammates scramble to get under it. He literally did not even walk over to get in position to compete or to be in a position to make a tackle if Manly caught it or to clean up if his teammate spilled it. I've never seen anything like it from a professional player.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They're doomed! like Duke Nukem

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
"One of rugby leagues most loathed individuals" this was written by Hooper. Now while Tinkler is behind in payments it is not good. But he never went and knocked on the door of the mannah house hold trying to link a flimsy story to john's death
YOU HOOPER are pure FUKKING SCUM. For you to say some one is loathed in league, what a joke .Have a real good look in the mirror and be honest you FUKKING MAGGOT
Haha. Spot on.

And I don't hate Tinkler. I couldn't give a rats ass what he does/doesn't do with Drugcastle and I'm sure other supporters feel the same.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
I was amazed seeing a clip from the last Knight's game. Manly launched a high bomb to land on about the Newcastle 10m line and Boyd literally stood still and watched while his teammates scramble to get under it. He literally did not even walk over to get in position to compete or to be in a position to make a tackle if Manly caught it or to clean up if his teammate spilled it. I've never seen anything like it from a professional player.
Boyd is a retard.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So boys how long till Wayne Bennett walks?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So boys how long till Wayne Bennett walks?
Not long they want him back at broncos, he knows there is a job at home will take Boyd with him barba will see out his days in qld cup

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL this is funny but he still being a **** to his employees regardless of who they are

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Id stop paying also when u r teams last, something got to give.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not long they want him back at broncos, he knows there is a job at home will take Boyd with him
So Groncos will then have 4 fullbacks in their team? Awesome!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
TBH, if my employer didn't pay me, i wouldn't work.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep saw that clip too. He made no effort whatsoever, was not interested in the slightest

Status
Not open for further replies.