Would you want Gutherson at the club?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Last week Gutho made 1 tackle and missed 3 tackles. Had an error and give away a penalty. He has no right to call team mates dumb ***** when they drop a bomb. No way I'd want that type of bloke in our team.
He averages 0.8 miss tackles a game (less than Tedesco). You can pull up outlier stats for anyone.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because we havent signed enough backs? wtf

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How he defends at centre doesn't matter.
Main point I'm making is he has errors in his game, misses tackles, gives away penalties like the player he was calling a dumb ****.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I’d rather a **** that rips into his teammates and actually gives a fuck compared to the fkn slapdicks that run out for the dogs each week

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah that's true, he was, but there was no crowd so the mic picked it up clearer than if there was.

That would have been a sight to see haha.
You might wana retract your claim re no crowd my friend.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
If they’re worried about getting their feelings hurt they should play golf man seriously
Has nothing to do with the crowd but he involved them.
Im sure they didnt give a toss, just a shit look by the so called captain.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No thx another Josh Reynolds type player tries hard but has little talent

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Happy to see if Dufty goes alright before thinking of replacing him. He is capable. On his day as good as Teddy or Ponga , I've seen it, his issue has been consistency and defence at times. If we can't fix that, then I'll think about other fullbacks.
We should also give Averillo a shot at fullback before looking to sign anyone.

Gutherson is a flat track bully much like what Parra are as a club. They look like world beaters against trash teams and crumble under any sort of pressure.

The only FBs we should ever sign at this stage are genuine world beaters like Ponga, Tedesco or Turbo, otherwise we should focus on our other weaknesses

Bluebarry

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This contract saga seems a bit odd/sad. There's rumours that its someone at Parra who leaked the $1m a year figure. There's no way he's going for that.
There’s an article today that Clints manager Sam , walked out of a parra meeting because they only offered him 750k , even that I think is too much to pay for him

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should also give Averillo a shot at fullback before looking to sign anyone.

Gutherson is a flat track bully much like what Parra are as a club. They look like world beaters against trash teams and crumble under any sort of pressure.

The only FBs we should ever sign at this stage are genuine world beaters like Ponga, Tedesco or Turbo, otherwise we should focus on our other weaknesses
It seems like Averillo will never make it in the spine position, I do think however he could become a top center

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No, end thread.

Mods you can close this now.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Think we should sign him. 2 years - $300 (happy to pay it myself) as my own private urinal.

And of course happy to lease him out at $2 a slash to fellow dogs fans. Think I'm on to a top notch business opportunity.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way not one part of his game is elite except maybe effort bloke has made a name from being marketable in social media age would not touch him

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's coming off contract soon and I know alot of fans on here loathe him but if you take your blue n white goggles off and look at things objectively, he seems like a class player who isn't lazy and seems to have very good football IQ.

If we can't land a half back, should we make a play for him as the on field general?
Only ever one general.....

1628667619413.png

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s funny that the people creaming themselves about Gutho ripping into Tom Opacic the other week don’t mention the even worse forward pass he threw almost immediately after it. He’s too much of a mediocre player to be throwing his weight around like that.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bloke would have more chance selling himself as a 5/8.