Would You Sign Wayne Bennett for 2025?

Grimace

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't think I need to elaborate too much on the thread title.
How he can turn a teams poor performance around within a week and become one of the most impressive teams of the round says everything about what we need. He will attract elite players to the club and a winning culture..

For me, I would sign him now or the opportunity won't come around again.
So now it’s Wayne Bennett last week it was Flanno and how did he go today!

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are 3 good forwards short of being in the game for 80 mins
Id say 1 top forward short (eg. AFB quality), a quality half and a quality fullback short of being able to at least challenge for top 8. A couple of handy back up middles would probably help our cause also. The head coach position is also an issue.

We are so far off the pace its not funny.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Id say 1 top forward short (eg. AFB quality), a quality half and a quality fullback short of being able to at least challenge for top 8. A couple of handy back up middles would probably help our cause also. The head coach position is also an issue.

We are so far off the pace its not funny.
Terrell May, no halves or fullbacks available - probably best best to try Crichton fullback and see what happens. Look at Trey Mooney from Raider for a back-up middle, not sure who else is off contract. That with Wayne Bennett coach is probably the best we could do...

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great thread .

I really hope we start winning soon so we can stop dishing up things like this.

In what fucking world is Bennett coaching the dogs ????

He is in his 70’s.
Family in QLD.
Had a stint with rabbits as a last hurrah to try and win another comp after he was sacked by broncos.

Sorry but it’s just pure dribble

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Terrell May, no halves or fullbacks available - probably best best to try Crichton fullback and see what happens. Look at Trey Mooney from Raider for a back-up middle, not sure who else is off contract. That with Wayne Bennett coach is probably the best we could do...
Gould needs to drop the ego and pay the asking price so that we can just get some key position quality within the squad as we currently have zero. Ur correct May looks like the next best available option after we lowballed and missed out on AFB. If Bennett is interested then its a no brainer. Ciraldo is out of his depth with us. A Ciraldo for Bennett trade would also spell the end of Gould which wouldnt be the worst result

Agree with u on trey he must he hungry for a regular spot in a first grade 17 and we can certainly offer this for a young forward of his quality. Crichton is the best fullback at the club and must be shifted there asap if we are to get any return on investment from his Signature

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Gould needs to drop the ego and pay the asking price so that we can just get some key position quality within the squad as we currently have zero. Ur correct May looks like the next best available option after we lowballed and missed out on AFB. If Bennett is interested then its a no brainer. Ciraldo is out of his depth with us. A Ciraldo for Bennett trade would also spell the end of Gould which wouldnt be the worst result

Agree with u on trey he must he hungry for a regular spot in a first grade 17 and we can certainly offer this for a young forward of his quality. Crichton is the best fullback at the club and must be shifted there asap if we are to get any return on investment from his Signature
Why are you concerned about the Bulldogs when your team just got up 38-0 Flipper? :-).

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m happy with Ciro, gotta good feeling about him.
Ciraldo is a coach with no authority or power. Coaches need control of the team and roster. Eventually Ciraldo will want control. I hope the board backs Ciraldo in this case.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are 3 good forwards short of being in the game for 80 mins
And we should have a few decent ones who can do a job in 2-3 weeks then a couple more in 4-6 weeks.

As i said before the start of the season we just need to hold on until then. If we can some how jag 3-4 wins before round 10 we maybe fringe 8 by the end of the season.