Would you be happy if the Dogs tried to sign Todd Carney?

Would you be happy if we signed Todd Carney?

• Yes

Votes: 34 50.7%
  • No

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No thanks, almost got burnt by reni, plus where would you put him.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Isn't he suited for the Roosters?????, oops he got the ass from them......

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
It's unlikely he'll be allowed back anytime soon. I'd only want him for this year but he's injured himself in France (surprise). He won his unfair dismissal but they concluded that the issue was not that he was sacked but that he was sacked without the Sharks following the proper process

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
At the expense of Mbye, Frawley? No thanks.
He would be like a time bomb waiting to go off, the bloke can't help himself.
It would be at the expense of Hodko or Reynolds. And I for one would like to see him at the club.He's an ok bloke (albeit a moron) and he can play. I'd have it written into his contract that he has to live in the Canterbury district ie NOT THE SHIRE!!! and obviously have him on a tight contractual lease - maybe a bond-type system where he surrenders $X of his contract money every year and if he breaches the provisions of his contract he loses his job and the bond. Of course that money is returned to him upon his retirement or if he leaves the club (under normal circumstances).

It's worth a shot, unless we score Foran and all this Carney talk is just shite.

Finally, I would just like to say I believe that ultimately our club's future lies with young Mbye and Frawley.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At the expense of Mbye, Frawley? No thanks.
He would be like a time bomb waiting to go off, the bloke can't help himself.
Agree he might even pee in someone's mouth while they are asleep or worse in someone's locker room or sports bag

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
No he's way past it and injury prone.
Exactly. The bloke gets himself in trouble when hes got time on the sidelines due to injury. What are you gonna do, put a full time gate keeper on him. No thanks he was injury prone the last 2 years. It takes less than a 20 seconds to p**s in your own mouth. Mark my words if given another chance he will do something stupid again. The blokes a grub and I wouldnt want him wearing our jersey and if any other player at the Dogs wants to do that they can go now too. Sure RL has lost SBW and Burgess who are real superstars who also had their own indiscretions, but the last 2 seasons you never heard a peep out of either of these guys being up to stupid mischief did you. The game doesnt need Todd Carney. Instead develop some of the clean up and coming talent around.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another thread started? And the first two replies to your own thread were from yourself?!

Jeez - is there a Kennel award for "most threads started"? If so, we have a winner!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Id support any player or players our club sees fit to sign especially if reynolds and hodkinson continue playing as shite as they have.
id prefer mbye and frawley get first crack but like i said i support the team first and foremost.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Todd carney?? No way. Waste of time and money. Not worth the effort. If ur going to chase a half from overseas the man to go after is rangi chase. If it was my choice i will keep as far away from todd carney as possible

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Another thread started? And the first two replies to your own thread were from yourself?!

Jeez - is there a Kennel award for "most threads started"? If so, we have a winner!
And? if there was an award for being a nagging bitch you would get it.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sure he is a top gun five eighth but...

The Bulldogs have a strict code of conduct which extends to all players; there is no favouritism.

Carney is a serial offender, if he did come to the Bulldogs everyone from Raelene Castle to the interchange bench would be waiting for the shit tohit the fan.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Apparently Manly is interested in the piss drinker.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sure he is a top gun five eighth but...

The Bulldogs have a strict code of conduct which extends to all players; there is no favouritism.

Carney is a serial offender, if he did come to the Bulldogs everyone from Raelene Castle to the interchange bench would be waiting for the shit tohit the fan.
You probably just predicted his next act, can see the next headline "carney caught throwing his own shit at a fan with his mouth open " then his manager will come out and say it was just an "illusion"

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would rather piss in my own mouth :puke:

A

Alexander the Great

How many grandfinals has he won other clubs? How many club's has he let down due to stupid behavior ?
Big call saying he would win us a grandfinal without a doubt. Im not denying his playing ability but , to have our squad and him on the same page , then injury free and to get through a season without a drama ( remember if he did return to the nrl he would be under the worlds biggest microscope ). Could not see all that falling into place.
I think the squad we have at the moment and him directing thihgs and his kicking game he could do the job for us.

I also think if he returned to the nrl which he will being coached under des would be great for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.