Opinion Worst performance of the season

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
At least this year with 20 to go, you still get the feeling we could win
I actually thought at half time that we would wear them down; and was contemplating that a win was possible. Been a long time since I thought that way. Then we started the second half like the Bulldogs of old, and I had that same cold feeling in my guts.
I knew that when we had that chance in the dying minutes, that we'd go out with a whimper.

A better effort than what I've seen in previous seasons, but so close to winning that it was another heartbreaker.
With a bit more determination, this patched up side could beat some of the best. They just don't see it in themselves.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perham has moments. His running game does my head in.

Casey is woeful.

Alomiti has been woeful tonight but I feel it’s Casey outside ? He needs Jac back.
Can't blame Casey for Allomotti poor showing last night. Casey was worse granted, but both were poor last night. Avo and Kiraz were very good last night. I think Jakey boy is making himself a must to he resigned .

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Only doomsday supporters could look at this game, and not see a huge improvement over the last few seasons.
We were never going anywhere this year, so it is about building the side.

I can see a marked improvement, and we will get better as our troops come back.
Spot. On.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What? We went down by four points.

Considering the injuries we have, and the side we were up against - plus the amount of possession that the Raiders had, including repeat sets, we weren't too bad at all.
I agree and more than anything it’s the small things that killed us - the lapse in concentration in the first half where we conceded 3 tries in 6 minutes or Burto’s poor dropout that gifted them 2 points - these are the things we need to improve to turn narrow losses into wins. We competed with a still large injury till and some rookies and were not disgraced and that alone is huge over say 2021 where we had no idea.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Under Barrett no way we score 28 points. I do like that we can actually score points now. Lots to work on. But that Canberra pack is pretty damn good. Dogs were always on the backfoot. We really need our middles back.

I will say RFM is looking more ordinary match by match.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What? We went down by four points.

Considering the injuries we have, and the side we were up against - plus the amount of possession that the Raiders had, including repeat sets, we weren't too bad at all.

The difference was poor catching, and an inability to lock up the ball.

That can be addressed.
Totally agree. We had a lot of things against us yet we hung in there, which is a good sign. Unfortunately we let in some very soft tries, which is a bad sign. The two things that amazed me was we were awarded a penalty try and although it was justified those calls don't go our way and the Faiders were denied a fair try......so out of character for the refs. Do I think were harshly reffed, most definately...... Do I think were ripped off, not at all. Canberra played better, they were given a lot of latitude but they did play the better football. I know we are still a fair way from full strength but I think Ciraldo is having trouble fielding quality replacements in some positions.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even after the Raiders had 2 tries denied. Yes they were tries.
I’m not denying that! But I feel like we put on a better show to have lost this game due to stupid errors and defence reads!

Their tries weren’t all that fancy like ours!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I said this in the match thread but no team on a 5 day turnaround has won this season unless playing another team on a 5 day turnaround. That was one of the dumbest performances I've seen though, I think the stupid from Casey has rubbed off on the rest of the squad.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We lost the ruck by 1000000 to nil.
If we can't win the middle we beat no good teams.
We aren’t beating the middle this year or next year with TPJ as a starting prop. Then you look at the market and see there is legit fuckall options for middle. We should of went for Klemmer

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only doomsday supporters could look at this game, and not see a huge improvement over the last few seasons.
We were never going anywhere this year, so it is about building the side.

I can see a marked improvement, and we will get better as our troops come back.
1683329675035.gif

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We aren’t beating the middle this year or next year with TPJ as a starting prop. Then you look at the market and see there is legit fuckall options for middle. We should of went for Klemmer
Definitely should have got Klemmer back.
He rans like a man, plays good minutes, isnt lazy.
He could play origin this year again easy.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a positive all our starting spine players contributed to points.
mahoney ball to Preston
Reynolds kick for Preston
Burton kick for avo
Perham penalty try
But we had no intensity to start the game, king and Kiraz clearly under done.
Casey no words

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The concern about yesterday is that we were 2 players away from full strength.

Let's face it. Only Kikau and JAC come in. The rest are really back-ups on the players who took the field yesterday.

No need for excuses. We were flat from the first 10seconds.

It's easy to take any game after it's finished and spot something that if you could change or rectify, would you give you a different result. But the team needs to be able to do this during the game so that they implement changes and influence the end result. Not wait till the end.

Learning curve.

But it's obvious that afew teams now struggle with short turnarounds or certain interstate movements.

It's no surprise that Broncos and Warriors who have stability in their home games and schedules are doing better than other teams...

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My attempt at being positive
1. At least from next week can select players from outside our top 28 -
2. Still have money to sign players for this year and next year
3. No one could be as bad as Casey the last two weeks -
4. Coach acknowledges publicly some not doing their job - would assume shed conversations would be more direct.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
How exactly is a loss by 4 the worst performance of the year? Top of my head we lost round 1 by 25

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Raiders aren't exactly flying, take the scoreboard out of the occasion, it was the lack of firepower and defence in the middle, Panthers would have put 60 points on us tonight, and not let in them fluke tries either, their fullback would have caught everything.
Need to tackle one high and one low and get them on there backs. We looked weak in middle.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the bit that hurts. Two easy tries in the first ten minutes by the Raiders.

If we defended properly at the start of the game, when everyone was fresh and keen to go, we win the game by 10 or more.
All loses hurt but let’s be honest let in a try in the first minute they had two legit tries called back we were sub par from the outset cheap penalties dickhead getting ball stripped if we won that game it would have been theft to tell you the truth