News Woods on BSB this morning

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think you are missing the message in it mate. Look at the winners of the comp for (well forever) Smith/Cronk, Maloney, JT, Reynolds/Burgess, Maloney (again), Smith/Cronk (again), DCE/Foran, Hornby/Soward, Smith/Cronk (again) and so on it goes. You need that calm cool head to focus the team and keep them heading in the right direction. Now look at who we have had over that same period: Keating, Roberts, Reynolds, Hokko, Mbye, Frawley, JMK and a few weeks of a broken Foran. 4 of them got pretty big money to do the job and we really didn't get an organiser to save our lives. the closest we came was prob Ennis and despite the love affair some have with him on here he really wasn't a great organiser. I lost count of the number of wrong options or poor kicks out of DH he put on. We have continually smashed our backrowers, front rowers, OS backs and FB but it seems to me we really haven't had big problems with them it has been a lack of game manager that we have suffered from the most.
The closest we got a a calm player was Hodkinson, and that's just sad.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have been saying for a while that JJ is a great player, but he doesnt cut it as a skipper. We need someone like Terry Lamb who just took control of things.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I have been saying for a while that JJ is a great player, but he doesnt cut it as a skipper. We need someone like Terry Lamb who just took control of things.
Yes I agree. Trouble is the only one I see on the paddock talking is Tolman.....maybe that is why Pay rates Elliott.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone else heard it this morning but Woodsy was on the programme. He does a weekly segment by phone with TK and Loz.

Without getting too much into the nitty gritty I thought the one key comment he made in the interview was when he was asked about the difference when behind on the scoreboard at the Sharks as they were last week and his time with the Tigers and Dogs.

Essentially he said the big difference was that the Sharks were calm and not looking for the 'big plays'. Gall just said to them stick to the plan, play out your sets look for quick play the balls and kick to the corners - our chance will come. He also said that there just seemed to be a level of control in the whole team that wasn't there with either us or the Tigers.

If you think about it, that is the one ingredient that has been missing, probably since Hokko left. Lichaa, Reynolds, Mbye, Frawley, JMK - none of those guys are game controllers. You could even argue that Foran really isn't either. It's not that we don't have reasonable players, it's that we don't have that calm head to control the game.

Even the fact that JJ leads by example rather than by words works against us when we are down.

Maybe young Lewis can step up this year but the reality is without a good game manager and talker we will never get anywhere.
Not once in a game that Woods played in for us did we have ANYBODY with a 1st grade standard kicking game. It is far easier to have faith in your team when you have that at a minimum.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone else heard it this morning but Woodsy was on the programme. He does a weekly segment by phone with TK and Loz.

Without getting too much into the nitty gritty I thought the one key comment he made in the interview was when he was asked about the difference when behind on the scoreboard at the Sharks as they were last week and his time with the Tigers and Dogs.

Essentially he said the big difference was that the Sharks were calm and not looking for the 'big plays'. Gall just said to them stick to the plan, play out your sets look for quick play the balls and kick to the corners - our chance will come. He also said that there just seemed to be a level of control in the whole team that wasn't there with either us or the Tigers.

If you think about it, that is the one ingredient that has been missing, probably since Hokko left. Lichaa, Reynolds, Mbye, Frawley, JMK - none of those guys are game controllers. You could even argue that Foran really isn't either. It's not that we don't have reasonable players, it's that we don't have that calm head to control the game.

Even the fact that JJ leads by example rather than by words works against us when we are down.

Maybe young Lewis can step up this year but the reality is without a good game manager and talker we will never get anywhere.
Game management is the key to any successful side and as I said in another thread Lewis talked more in one game than I’ve seen any of our halves talk in the last four years Foran included given time he could be the answer for us as for the sharks if gal is running the show they are fucked origin has proved that

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where does the myth that Hodko was a great game controller for us come from? Maybe at his best he was an organising half.....we seldom, if ever saw his best. Maybe for the first half of 2014.

I remember a player who didn't get his hands on the ball enough and took a backseat to our forwards just as Reynolds and Mbye did. IMO we haven't had a great controller of a game since Kimmorley.
The only thing Hodko gave us was turning 4pts into 6. We’ve missed that since he left & like so many other crucial elements of our game - Des chose to gloss over & use stats as a diversion:- paralysis by analysis

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Almost moved this to Rugby League General as Woods is no longer a Bulldog, but the rest of the comment is Bullddogs related.

Foz can definitely control a game but not with a shit halves partner and hooker and fullback.
Foran can’t control his own faculties, he can’t even touch his toes!!!!!! With the nature of his injuries/ailments don’t expect too much from him even IF he does play another game..... that’s a huge IF

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The only thing Hodko gave us was turning 4pts into 6. We’ve missed that since he left & like so many other crucial elements of our game - Des chose to gloss over & use stats as a diversion:- paralysis by analysis
Plus a few lazy game winning field goals lol

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still cant understand how the sharks havent been done for salary cap they just continually sign players on big $$

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Another **** that thinks that shark jizz tastes like pineapple ?
Fuck off woods. Go 69 Ennis.
***** aren’t bulldogs anymore so shut your fucken mouths.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Another **** that thinks that shark jizz tastes like pineapple ?
Fuck off woods. Go 69 Ennis.
***** aren’t bulldogs anymore so shut your fucken mouths.
So the deep breathing exercises aren't working?

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Half backs controlling games still doesnt take away why woods does not tackle with his shoulder or move up in defence. Or always 3rd man in to keep his stats up for those that focus on that crap. Maybe woods should concentrate on them things than playing out in public how his new side is better. These sharks have got to be cheating the cap. They have a winger on 750

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
FFS: Hope he isn't going to go on & on about how bad the Dogs are & Sharks are fucking wonderful, like Ennis.
Then again he was under Hasler and the other fuckwits, likewise being swapped for that useless dud Lichaa makes my piss burn so I don’t blame Ennis somewhat. Woods has nothing to complain about! Sharron was being overpaid for delivering shit week in week out and cost us most of the games, so the idiot should shut his mouth about the dogs. We have lot more to complain about than that waste of space does.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why do people think Foran can control a game ? How many games have we been in this year and the **** goes missing ? The guy is a fucking myth on a million dollar deal and he needs help in the halves what a fucking joke that people even have a bit of faith in the useless ****.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You've just got to laugh at this one.
Aaron Woods coached/signed by:

Jason Taylor - Sacked
Mick Potter - Sacked
Des Hasler - Sacked
Shane Flanagan - Deregistered

Next!! lol