10. Vaughan
8. Hetherington
12. TPG
11. Jackson
13. Thompson

14. Topine
15. RFM
16. Woods
Wait a minute! You've named our forward pack without a dummy half..... Oh that's right, we've been playing without one for some time now......

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wasn’t that keen on Vaughan but looking at his metres this year he’s got some go forward which we desperately need.

If there’s someone else available (not Klemmer or Woods) then good but I’m over hoping players we have will come good next year or saying wait until next season to see who’s available, we’ve been doing that for years now.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
1. Allen
2. Addocarr
3. Naden
4. Schoupp
5. Cotric
6. Burton
7. Averillo
8. Vaughan
9. JMK
10. Thompson
11. TPJ
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. Hetherington
15. Atoni
16. Elliott
17. BBO

TPJ and Vaughan would be massive for us. Could dominate up front and back row has some footy in them. If we can sign a decent halfback to partner burton. Move Averillo to fullback.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Allen
2. Addocarr
3. Naden
4. Schoupp
5. Cotric
6. Burton
7. Averillo
8. Vaughan
9. JMK
10. Thompson
11. TPJ
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. Hetherington
15. Atoni
16. Elliott
17. BBO

TPJ and Vaughan would be massive for us. Could dominate up front and back row has some footy in them. If we can sign a decent halfback to partner burton. Move Averillo to fullback.
Looks like Atoni might not be with us next year but with a decent 9 and a few tweaks that team would see us being a fair bit more competitive than the last few years.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we did sign Vaughn immediately on minimum payments for this year we could burn his eight match suspensions and then kick off 2022 with Round 1.

I’m not suggesting he should be a priority but he really isn’t in a position to negotiate if he wants to continue in the NRL.

He could be an astute buy.
I would like to know the legal aspect of this. How can you suspend someone for 8 games & then sack him. Surely you can have one or the other not both otherwise you are punishing him twice (3 times if you count the police fines)

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
FWIW 7 news Brisbane did say we are about to sign TPJ effective immediately. Nothing official though
I just confirmed it - you are correct:

go to 34 min 50 sec

multi year deal by the end of this month.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I understand the desire to get better quickly but I think Vaughan and TPJ are incredibly short sighted options if we want to build a successful long term culture.
I look at a team like the tigers just signing and tom, dick and Harry in a desperate attempt to improve the team and IMO it's backfired big time.
Vaughan is an aging forward who's just been sacked for multiple infringements, if we sign him right after he's just been terminated what message does that send to the rest of the squad?
In regards to TPJ, the terms I've heard being used most often to describe him are flat track bully and down hill skiier. Whether we like it or not the next few years will be tough, TPJ isn't someone I'd particularly want next to me in the trenches when times are tough.
Finucane should be a priority for us, the guy has bulldog DNA from a time when we were successful and now has learnt the Melbourne ways as well, add to that he's a gun forward especially defensively.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vaughan, De Belin, TPJ, Finucane, Tapine, Klemmer & Woods

Get the deals done.
fuck no we dont want de belin, klemmer or woods. Would take Finucane in a heart beat and would consider Vaughan if he was really cheap

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why would we want a sacked serial offender, guaranteed to get us all the negative headlines we don't need?

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why would we want a sacked serial offender, guaranteed to get us all the negative headlines we don't need?
Exactly, both Vaughan and TPJ are serial bubble offenders, what message would that send to the Bondi 5 and moreover the rest of the squad if we sanction those guys one week and brought in known serial offenders the next