Wooden Spoon Battle

dave123

Waterboy
Reaction score
I believe how we go in our next 4 games should determine where we end up in the wooden spoon battle. The next games are definitely winnable Canberra(Away), Newcastle(Neutral), Tigers(Away) & St. George(Home). Winning 3 out of 4 of those should be enough really as those sides are also struggling to score points.
Let’s go boys!
What battle it’s ours for sure

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Barrett has done a great job transforming us into a perennial cellar dweller team.
With Barrett at the helm the wooden spoons will be many.
Why is that some cannot see the guy is a fraud ?

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Next weeks game against the Knights will be for the wooden spoon cup
I still think we can win 1 or 2 more games this season but it won't be enough to not get the spoon again

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
battle for last will be intriguing- yay to the standards TBaz has set

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doomsday peppers we are improving we were never in that game. Our attack is improving Ado Car scores its different game, we are really lacking confidence, we are different in attack when we score early, this team has improvement and we saw Burton actually combining with JAC and Flange tonight I was really encouraged by that. Looking at these combinations the running Burton came out tonight I thought he looked something different tonight. what's coming is exciting.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I must agree with the above.. Combinations are starting to develop and now is not the time to change our back unless injury or suspension happens to force the hand of Coach. Burton and Flanagan are going to need more games together and this may bring some Ws.. However the wait has been long for many suffering fans. Our 9 isn't up to the task of providing good service and keeping the defence honest which is why our guys don't have time and space to execute which other teams enjoy. Our edge runners seem to be very inconsistent and even watching our Back 5 returns are so much reliant on Fox that we become predictable..
I don't believe we are this year's wooden spooners like others.. maybe 10 - 12 spot is realistic...

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must agree with the above.. Combinations are starting to develop and now is not the time to change our back unless injury or suspension happens to force the hand of Coach. Burton and Flanagan are going to need more games together and this may bring some Ws.. However the wait has been long for many suffering fans. Our 9 isn't up to the task of providing good service and keeping the defence honest which is why our guys don't have time and space to execute which other teams enjoy. Our edge runners seem to be very inconsistent and even watching our Back 5 returns are so much reliant on Fox that we become predictable..
I don't believe we are this year's wooden spooners like others.. maybe 10 - 12 spot is realistic...
We have the cattle to be a 10-12 side this year. Unfortunately the coaching and training isn’t good enough. Team selection needs a massive overhaul. But the coaches don’t see this.

When Barrett sits in his press conferences and any interviews he does. It is glaring visible to all and sundry, he is clueless to the issues he stares at every week.

Its sad to say we need to wait until round 11 to find players supposedly outside our top 30 best players to save the day.

That is what we need to do. Not for this year as it’s already gone. For developing players for next year and beyond. Barrett won’t do it though. He thinks if you keep putting the same team out there eventually it will just click.

Barrett needs to identify the players who are a positive and the players that are a negative, to not only improving the teams performance. To saving his career as a head coach. He has no chance of ever getting another head coaching role ever again.

He needs players to play to their strengths in the right position.

He needs to identify players that are liabilities as opposed to assets. He needs to step back and not play the favourite game.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon we win the next four my gut says we've turned a corner just don't let jacko play link man all I ask
More likely to lose our next four maybe more ,Baz to loyal to the duds
RIP bulldogs 2022

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah our combinations are starting to get better, we need to stick solid!!!

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I swear I have never been so depressed after every weekend it’s so depressing it kills me.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We will play Newcastle into form, isn’t that our job?
They are a turd of a team but will smash us because even though they may lack quality on the field they are organised.

Knights had high hopes for the season when they beat the Rorters, we did too and look where it got us.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will play Newcastle into form, isn’t that our job?
Exactly this! We make the shittest clubs look like premiereship contenders. Look at last night, I cannot believe Frawley schooled us. Such a fucking embarrassment.