Wish me luck - Tanks Coaching Thread

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Omg that's so exciting!! Makes me want to come n watch too
Well I can't stop you attending lol more than welcome to watch but we always start 9am so yeah lol

Change your mind yet? Lol

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well I can't stop you attending lol more than welcome to watch but we always start 9am so yeah lol

Change your mind yet? Lol
Haha 9am is no deterrent i havent slept in since I had kids and apart from that id specially go to watch a team who knows what they're doing!
My sons team was pretty bad for the last 3 years in a row but I still went every week to watch with hope and love and a box of tissues haha .. They reminded me of how the bulldogs play now except I couldn't criticise them could i?? they were all heartbroken after each game ..broke my heart tbh I'd try to tell my son he played well and encouraged him to watch more Ennis videos lol .. but anyhow it was a scrambled team , too many egos .. And that's just the parents I kid you not!!

Sadly my son isn't playing this year because they couldn't form a team.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Haha 9am is no deterrent i havent slept in since I had kids and apart from that id specially go to watch a team who knows what they're doing!
My sons team was pretty bad for the last 3 years in a row but I still went every week to watch with hope and love and a box of tissues haha .. They reminded me of how the bulldogs play now except I couldn't criticise them could i?? they were all heartbroken after each game ..broke my heart tbh I'd try to tell my son he played well and encouraged him to watch more Ennis videos lol .. but anyhow it was a scrambled team , too many egos .. And that's just the parents I kid you not!!

Sadly my son isn't playing this year because they couldn't form a team.
I've already drilled it in their heads that it's a team effort. They love playing together and are pretty tight already.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've already drilled it in their heads that it's a team effort. They love playing together and are pretty tight already.
That's a really important message and it does need to be drilled in because of the nature of competitors. Everyone competitor wants to be the stand out and score that try. Sounds like you're doing a brilliant job..

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Some nice results tank!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
My sons team was pretty bad for the last 3 years in a row but I still went every week to watch with hope and love and a box of tissues haha .. They reminded me of how the bulldogs play now except I couldn't criticise them could i??
yes you can, tell them they are shit and bring in tank to coach them

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Another game, another win.

Our victims were Girraween and demolished them 16 tries to 6
My boy got 6 tries, 2 offloads for tries and about 30 tackles for the Man of the Match medal.

They had a monster Islander boy playing for then but my team dominated him.

Kids are loving it more and having fun and playing like little professionals lol

3-0
36 tries for
17 tries against.

glad you have a team to look forward to watch playing every weekend.

I am still burning from Friday *sigh*

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
yes you can, tell them they are shit and bring in tank to coach them
Lol, it's all about psychology, if you like what you are doing, you naturally do better at it. My trick is to inflate my praise when they do something well, to make them feel like superstars, so they naturally play like superstars.

I make it fun for them and basically run on auto pilot and turn into little aggressive mini tanks lol

Anyways, Pay should be worried because I'm coming for his job.... we were the Entertainers, then the Dogs of War. Des came and shat all over us but my reign will be the HELLHOUNDS OF DEATH! muhahahahhaa

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol, it's all about psychology, if you like what you are doing, you naturally do better at it. My trick is to inflate my praise when they do something well, to make them feel like superstars.
Exactly same logic I use when I want to get my husband to do anything like change a light globe or take out the bins.. Works better than 'Oi fukhead are you gonna just lie there playing ps4 or are you gonna take out the bins?' lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly same logic I use when I want to get my husband to do anything like change a light globe or take out the bins.. Works better than 'Oi fukhead are you gonna just lie there playing ps4 or are you gonna take out the bins?' lol
Tap into his competitive side...

"Hey. It took you 3 hours to take the bin out last time. I bet you couldn't beat that record"

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I can't believe you are still with him!...... How could you marry a PS4 fan?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hey coach ... how'd we go this weekend ???

Need Cheerleaders yet??
Game is tomorrow at 9am in Castle Hill.

Had a laid back training session last night, most of the session was them playing tackle bullrush lol

Will update after the game tomorrow.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If you need a journo to cover the games, I don't recommend Josh Massoud ... evne though he'll be after any gig when he gets sacked..

When he doesn't have his Snickers Josh isn't himself.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If you need a journo to cover the games, I don't recommend Josh Massoud ... evne though he'll be after any gig when he gets sacked..

When he doesn't have his Snickers Josh isn't himself.
Fkn lol I'd love to see him out our games, the dad's are bigger monsters than me lol