Wish me luck - Tanks Coaching Thread

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I hope he does make it all the way and put on that blue and white jersey.
Thanks habibeh. I just hope the kennel take it easy on him if he makes a mistake lol

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Some probably try to live their life through the kids they coach. I just want them to have fun and love playing, naturally they will improve and learn skills because it's still a sport for them and not job.

Especially the young kids, they are like sponges.
My junior footy coach treated us worse than the way 1st graders got coached.
Didn't help that his son was in the team and a little arrogant big mouth prick.
Obviously the son was halfback.

I quit playing for that team cause the coach was arrogant and passed it on to his son.
His son called me a big for nothing goof at training, just after we beat the previous team 56-22 or something like that? With me scoring 2 trys and getting man of the match.

I understood that as good as I was as a junior that if I wasn't respected and appreciated by the halfback then no point sticking around?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Finished the season on a massive note. We beat the Hurricanes 23 tries to 3. Tank Jnr bagged another 5 tries to finish with 38 tries in 12 games. Everyone of my players got a minimum of a double.

Final stats...

13 played
10 wins
3 losses

If there was a table we would of secured the minor premiership today as the next best team lost today.

I'm on my way, Pay. Watch out.... lol

Last edited:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Finished the season on a massive note. We beat the Hurricanes 23 tries to 3. Tank Jnr bagged another 5 tries to finish with 38 tries in 12 games. Everyone of my players got a minimum of a double.

Final stats...

13 played
10 wins
3 losses

If there was a table we would of secured the minor premiership today as the next best team lost today.

Not bad stats Bro I was about to say could you give Pay a few pointers specially in attack :grinning: 38 tries in 12 games = WONDERFUL :smirk:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Final stats...

13 played
10 wins
3 losses

Superb!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hey crew, I need some advice with the end of season awards.

I have 3 awards to give, best and fairest, most improved and coaches award.

The president called me and said even though my boy deserves all three, I have to split the awards, thanks to the pussy PC world we live in.

So taking my boy out of it, the two other kids who deserve the awards are the managers kids.

All 3 kids are justified in winning the awards

Assassin Jnr - best and fairest - 38 season tries and 16 gala day tries and a beast in defence

Daniela - most improved - went from Dorothy to Klemmer during the season, 3rd most tries (managers daughter)

Josh - coaches award - tackling machine and 2nd most tries scored.

Now The manager agrees with me but the trainer may get the shits because his son is in the team but it's obvious he is only playing because his dad forces him.

The fuck should I do? Fkn politics even in under 6's...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So you give EVERYONE an award, and just make the 3 most important ones slightly better.

That's the shit situation we live in these days...

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So you give EVERYONE an award, and just make the 3 most important ones slightly better.

That's the shit situation we live in these days...
Yeah but the tight arse doesn't want to give more than 3 trophies.

I might have to buy 3 generic ones for the rest of the team.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Screw the PC world and give it to those that deserve it. Don't deminish the achievements of those kids that earned the accolades. My 2¢.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let the kids have a say anonymously who they think deserve the two other awards?

Seems like a tough situation to be put in...

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'll just stick with the deserving kids and if anyone has a sook I'll just get them to explain why their kid deserves it more.

This is one of the reasons why I'm changing comps next year, this one is too PC. They tried stopping me teaching my kids to palm, offload and push players over the side line.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't do an Oprah and be like "You get an award, You get an award, You get an award, everyone's getting an award" *Happily shaking arms in the air*

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Don't do an Oprah and be like "You get an award, You get an award, You get an award, everyone's getting an award" *Happily shaking arms in the air*
Exactly my point bro, plus it's more harmful for the kids, especially down the track.

Still, I'm proud that even the president said Assassin Jnr deserves all 3. It's not just a case of seeing him through my dad eyes.

He scored more than half the teams tries, and saved a butt load too. He plays prop in attack and drops to fullback in defence, naturally too.

He is already doing my head in about next season asking me "how many more sleeps until the next game" lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Trophies for the 3 best, and Certificates for the rest (and maybe a small voucher somewhere).

Assuming the winners get something.

Maybe a $10 Reading Movie ticket?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Trophies for the 3 best, and Certificates for the rest (and maybe a small voucher somewhere).

Assuming the winners get something.

Maybe a $10 Reading Movie ticket?
President is a tight arse so who knows.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly my point bro, plus it's more harmful for the kids, especially down the track.

Still, I'm proud that even the president said Assassin Jnr deserves all 3. It's not just a case of seeing him through my dad eyes.

He scored more than half the teams tries, and saved a butt load too. He plays prop in attack and drops to fullback in defence, naturally too.

He is already doing my head in about next season asking me "how many more sleeps until the next game" lol
At least he's keen mate. Yeah it makes it hard when you coach your own kids in a side because you don't want to come across as bias or favoritism but if others recognize his achievements then that helps you out.

I remember when playing sports as a kid they didn't give out awards to everyone. You wanted an award you had to play for it. It made me want to play harder because I wanted one. Went from missing out to most improved to MVP because it pushed me.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You mean like this.