Wish me luck - Tanks Coaching Thread

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol..what it does is it turns kids away from playing sport..fair enough when they get older 14-15..At 6 its about participating and having fun..winning is a bonus..it’s about learning the skills and basic techniques..safe ways to do shit so the are less likely to end up like me..The desire to win at all costs is not for this age..it’s effort that is the lesson at this age..not winning..
When I was in 1st grade and they set my year up in groups to do 50m,100m sprint relays, I always finished around last or second last.
I was never the fastest runner as a kid, but I remember at the end they gave everyone outside the top 3 a stupid horse sticker that said I won in a race.

Even as a 6 year old I knew I didn't win and felt retarded wearing that sticker even back then and immediately tore it off and threw it!
6 year olds are naive but not stupid, I knew I finished last or 2nd last or whatever?
I didn't care because what I lacked in speed I made up for in strength.

All those skinny little ratty looking kids who could run, if I got my hands on them I could hurt them and make them cry, which I thought was a better ability?

Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When I was in 1st grade and they set my year up in groups to do 50m,100m sprint relays, I always finished around last or second last.
I was never the fastest runner as a kid, but I remember at the end they gave everyone outside the top 3 a stupid horse sticker that said I won in a race.

Even as a 6 year old I knew I didn't win and felt retarded wearing that sticker even back then and immediately tore it off and threw it!
6 year olds are naive but not stupid, I knew I finished last or 2nd last or whatever I finished.
I didn't care because what I lacked in speed I made up for in strength.

All those skinny little ratty looking kids who could run, if I got my hands on them I could hurt them and make them cry, which I thought was a better ability?
Ahhh speed..I wish I had some..we all got different skills..I’m not into rewarding every kid who participates with a prize..that’s pretty dicky..but I’ll give verbal encouragement for trying..but at 6 years of age I ain’t gunna get into kids because they weren’t putting in an effort..I’ll praise the kids who did..and hopefully those who didn’t show effort and didn’t get praised will want it next time..that would be my approach with 6-10 year olds..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ahhh speed..I wish I had some..we all got different skills..I’m not into rewarding every kid who participates with a prize..that’s pretty dicky..but I’ll give verbal encouragement for trying..but at 6 years of age I ain’t gunna get into kids because they weren’t putting in an effort..I’ll praise the kids who did..and hopefully those who didn’t show effort and didn’t get praised will want it next time..that would be my approach with 6-10 year olds..
Well today was the first time I praised 2 individuals instead of the whole team.

My problem is I'm too friendly with them because I know they are kids. I don't want them to resent me or even get turned off the game.

Last week we lost but the kids still had fun. Today was just a write-off.

Now I know why there is a new under 6's coach every year. Maybe I should accept the offer the under 7's make to my boy.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well today was the first time I praised 2 individuals instead of the whole team.

My problem is I'm too friendly with them because I know they are kids. I don't want them to resent me or even get turned off the game.

Last week we lost but the kids still had fun. Today was just a write-off.

Now I know why there is a new under 6's coach every year. Maybe I should accept the offer the under 7's make to my boy.
Just enjoy man..you know kids they go in and out of daydreaming..maybe today was just one of those days..see how they go next week.. Maybe you should try and act like a school teacher to em..a bit apart from them.. That’s why I take my hat off to primary teachers..hard to reason with young kids!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just enjoy man..you know kids they go in and out of daydreaming..maybe today was just one of those days..see how they go next week.. Maybe you should try and act like a school teacher to em..a bit apart from them.. That’s why I take my hat off to primary teachers..hard to reason with young kids!
Well like you said my bro, 6's to 10's is about learning fundamentals and fun.

Meh, I'll just go with the flow.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Tell the kids parents if they don't aim up next week you're signing them all up to the Bulldogs.

Guarantee they'll smash every side 30-0 for the season.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bro my Aunty is that person. It burns me. She’s like. My son is so soft his not confident and shit.
But she doesn’t allow anyone to utter a word to him, can’t let him cry, can’t let him stress all just fairy floss and roses. I mean how you want your kid a male especially to develop and survive in the real world if you treat him like a princess then complain he’s acting like a princess?
My little cousin actually loves being around me coz I treat him like a bloke rather than a girl and he loves it, he’s always confident when he’s around me and gets out of his shell.
For fucks sake he was being silly cut his leg falling down and my uncle goes good don’t cry it’s not that bad and then my Aunty had to butt in and say no it’s good to cry you should cry tell me how it’s feeling. I’m just like, why do you complain about your son being a softy? Fuck!

I have been trying my 10 year old to play soccer but he has got typical Indian genes and mentality.

He doesn't want to play sports where you put in hard yards or put body on the line.

I tried for 2 years and gave up. He gave me the shits all the time when I took him for soccer. He would have his hands in his pocket like he is walking in the park, when his team would be going on the attack. reminded me of Mbye

call me a shit dad or what ever, but I gave him a gut full after every single game and told him he was wasting my money and time. I mean I never asked him to score or win the game, all I wanted was an effort and desire to win, but he gave me hands in pockets.

I never had the opportunity when I was 8-10 year old as my dad never was a sporty person so I tell me wife what an irony, when I was young I wanted to play but had no means or non supportive parents who only wanted to see me as a doctor and an engineer or I was a complete failure ( I know typical Indian). Now I have my own son who is just the complete opposite. arrrghhh.

Few days ago my son came to me and told me how he scored 5 goals and how he created all these moves and I was like "really"? did that happen at school? and he goes na that was on the play station. :triumph::sob::sob::tired::tired::tired::sob::sob:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Back in the winner circle. We beat Austral 11 tries to 6. My boy bagged 5 tries today. Brutal in defence as usual. Other coach was bit of a sore losing ****, complained to officials my boy was hitting too hard, officials basically told him to have a concrete milkshake lol

5-2 for the season now.

Tank Jnr has 21 tries in 7 games.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back in the winner circle. We beat Austral 11 tries to 6. My boy bagged 5 tries today. Brutal in defence as usual. Other coach was bit of a sore losing ****, complained to officials my boy was hitting too hard, officials basically told him to have a concrete milkshake lol

5-2 for the season now.

Fucking get up Jr!!! Does he swear like a mongrel too

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

5-2 for the season now.

HAHAHAHAHH Congrats Tank and Tank Jr ....

Should have asked the other coach if he's a Sales Manager for Tampax :D

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHH Congrats Tank and Tank Jr ....

Should have asked the other coach if he's a Sales Manager for Tampax :D
Hard! All legal tackles and cries like a bitch.

Then he tried to have a skinny 5m line. Kept pulling him up until he started playing fair.

If they were onside we would of had more time to score more tries lol

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

5-2 for the season now.

Great to see you back in the winner’s circle..And little Sherman is on fire!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We beat the Bulldogs today 10 tries to 5. They played better than the real Bulldogs lol

Tank Jnr was in beast mode today, especially in defence, absolutely brutal with no compassion lol

Also bagged another 5 tries.

Tank Jnr with 26 tries in 8 games. But being old school, more proud of his defence.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We beat the Bulldogs today 10 tries to 5. They played better than the real Bulldogs lol

Tank Jnr was in beast mode today, especially in defence, absolutely brutal with no compassion lol

Tank Jnr with 26 tries in 8 games. But being old school, more proud of his defence.
Outstanding!

Go Tank Jnr!

92A3E5B1-93CC-498A-A8BA-B7196A18C29F.jpeg

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

With Mbye leaving and a spot in our Top30......

#justsayin.

Congrats coach on another win :grinning:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
With Mbye leaving and a spot in our Top30......

#justsayin.

Congrats coach on another win :grinning:
Thanks brother.

Speaking of Mbye, he plays prop in attack then drops back to fullback in defence. 1 boy clean up crew lol

Reminds me of Andrew Ryan, if I tried to compare him to someone.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Backed up last week's 6 tries to 5 loss with a 13 tries to 5 victory today.

Tank Jnr bagged 5 himself, taking his tally to 33 tries in 10 games and a 70% winning percentage.

Dogs win, we won, tank jnr 5 tries and extra brutal defence.....Parra and Roosters losing...perfect weekend!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Tank Jnr bagged 5 himself, taking his tally to 33 tries in 10 games and a 70% winning percentage.

Dogs win, we won, tank jnr 5 tries and extra brutal defence.....Parra and Roosters losing...perfect weekend!
Tigers getting belted and Mbye crying on TV will be the perfect finish!

Congrats coach...

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Superb.. Excellent Sherman jnr!!