Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol that's how I answer the phone.
Haha I could picture it lol

Have you seen that movie on SBS where they speak using the fword to greet each other before lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Haha I could picture it lol

Have you seen that movie on SBS where they speak using the fword to greet each other before lol
Lol never heard of that.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Some of the legit ones are pretty full on too. I had a call from an Optus sub-contractor who wanted me to sign up to a deal. I just said "Thanks, not interested" and hung up. They called back and said "That was very rude" then started trying to sell me something again. So I hung up.

They called me about 40 times over 1 week so I gave the number to the TIO thinking it was a scam. The TIO said it wasn't a scam and was an actual Optus subby that have a lot of complaints against them. The TIO said "let us handle it". Never heard from them again.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When I lived in the US I got used to taking several marketing calls most evenings. Biggest waste of time ever, they selling everything under the sun, mostly credit cards though. We are lucky to only get what we do over here.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When I lived in the US I got used to taking several marketing calls most evenings. Biggest waste of time ever, they selling everything under the sun, mostly credit cards though. We are lucky to only get what we do over here.
Like they need to sell more credit cards lol

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like to string them along too, keep them on the phone for up to 1 hour, tell them my PC is really slow and out in the back room and I don't have a cordless phone or mobile. I get them to give me the instructions 1 step at a time then put the phone next to the radio speaker belting out JJJ and come back 5 minutes later asking what's next. The longer I keep them on the phone the less chance they have of scamming someone else....

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm, I haven't heard of windows update fraud before reading the first post, but pretty sure they rang my place once.

I'm not sure if it was them on this occasion but your story reminds me of a telemarketing call I took once. I let the woman give her spiel. I usually hang up (because if they don't answer immediately when you say "hello" you know it's telemarketers) or say not interested or something before they get a chance, but for some reason I let her this woman speak. Anyway, after a minute or so I tell her I'm not interested and she angrily asks me, "Why are you wasting my time"? I responded, "you're wasting my time you stupid f-ing bitch".

The OP's story sheds some light on their attitude.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My sister used to get these calls all the time, she'd do what they asked and after about 20 minutes she'd say listen the things your asking me to do don't work because I have an Apple, then they hang up.

Try giving the phone to a small child, that will F**K then up big time

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My sister used to get these calls all the time, she'd do what they asked and after about 20 minutes she'd say listen the things your asking me to do don't work because I have an Apple, then they hang up.

Try giving the phone to a small child, that will F**K then up big time
Have done that, the result was pretty funny, they give up pretty quick. Child meanwhile just looks confused and says "they hung up!?"

Hubdy

Bite Me
Reaction score
I got that exact phone call a few months back from the same people.
she said you seem to have problem with your computer and that she could help me fix it,
So i said i don't have a computer just to hear what she would say.
If my girlfriend wasn't here to witness what she said no one would ever believe me.
she said go F.....g buy one you tight ass and then hung up...!
Haven't heard from them since that phone call.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
These ****s contacted my niece last year, same shit about $195.00 to fix, she then called me to see if it was legit. I think they would get allot of computer illiterate people which is sad

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
These ****s contacted my niece last year, same shit about $195.00 to fix, she then called me to see if it was legit. I think they would get allot of computer illiterate people which is sad
For all the different ways the Gov't finds to waste money, it would be a good investment for them to do warning advertisements targeting the most relevant demographics. My oldies were pretty concerned about it all.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Latest ones are:
Accident Assistance Line - use an autodialler and hangup if you answer as a business.
Virgin International calling to say you've won a free flight, and just have to call them back with your details to claim.

Pisses me off these Indian dickheads. They are the new Nigerian scammers.

Do they honestly have nothing better to do than try to scam others and how the hell are they making money/paying their employees. Sure people aren't that frickin dumb.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Latest ones are:
Accident Assistance Line - use an autodialler and hangup if you answer as a business.
Virgin International calling to say you've won a free flight, and just have to call them back with your details to claim.

Pisses me off these Indian dickheads. They are the new Nigerian scammers.

Do they honestly have nothing better to do than try to scam others and how the hell are they making money/paying their employees. Sure people aren't that frickin dumb.
Only way these physically inferior scums can get to people is through these scams, they can't role you so not even a 10 on 1 situation would help them lol

Status
Not open for further replies.