Wilson should be 14 against Roosters

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Wilson has played one game, albeit a wonderful debut. Don’t rush him. His day and opportunity will come.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
He looked pretty solid.. He's a big kid that has more versatility than people realise. Everyone questions Ciraldo, but sometimes there's a method to his madness.

Obviously he was impressed enough with Wilson's debut that he squeezed him into the line-up somehow even with Fox back.

Okunbur is seen strictly as a forward now so he's using Wilson as the emergency back at the moment.
Yep - exactly what Ciraldo said in yesterday's post match interview

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Love to see what he has in open space and room to move. Pick him at FB for a bit, see how he goes.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Seems to have more upside than other options such as Reynolds at 14. Same as out wide over Burns or Casey. But our weakest spot is by far FB. I’d play him FB at NSW cup than 14 in FG. Then replace Perham. If NSW cup still plays while we have the bye, even better opportunity for him to stake his claim for after the bye for selection. We just won so it won’t happen but I feel like Burns, Casey, Reynolds, Perham have all had their chance and they aren’t it, give some others a go

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d play him 14 because between Wilson, Kiraz and Averillo we can cover 1-7 with an injury. He’s young, quick and tough. Adds spark. I’d just love to see what Skelton’s got too.

I’d be trying to keep Averillo, Alamoti, Wilson, Papalli’i and Skelton (apart from obvious Crighton, JAC, Kiraz and hopefully Xerri if he goes well). That’s outside backs sorted for 2024. If Burns takes unders I’d keep him too.

Raff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is a great kid. Humble, well spoken and his debut was excellent. Has a good future, can see him playing first grade FB somewhere one day.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love to see what he has in open space and room to move. Pick him at FB for a bit, see how he goes.
He has some pace and is a good finisher. the fact he was on the left wing on his debut,but doing hit ups on the right side impressed me.

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Seems to have more upside than other options such as Reynolds at 14. Same as out wide over Burns or Casey. But our weakest spot is by far FB. I’d play him FB at NSW cup than 14 in FG. Then replace Perham. If NSW cup still plays while we have the bye, even better opportunity for him to stake his claim for after the bye for selection. We just won so it won’t happen but I feel like Burns, Casey, Reynolds, Perham have all had their chance and they aren’t it, give some others a go
Aint playing anyone but Papalii at 1 in NSW Cup. If Wilson goes back he will be on the wing.

dog 4life

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wilson it tall with speed, power, skills , good passing skills reminds me of turbo. Put him in at fullback to replace perham. It won't be long before the vultures start circling. He's a keeper!

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever CC picks after the bye Rorters are ripe for the picking missing origin players+ Radley, JWH would jump a few on the ladder if we can knock them off

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What happened to Kiraz @ fullback?
What are your thoughts on moving your man AGAIN.
Bad idea for mine leave him at centre.
PS to most who want them(I'm not one really)i don't think there will be changes at the back just yet ..

As for Wilson(is a good nickname for him Castaway?)he looks a beauty doesn't he, another Gus gem uncovered.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Aint playing anyone but Papalii at 1 in NSW Cup. If Wilson goes back he will be on the wing.
Yeah I understand that but if Papalii isn’t in contension for fg this year, why couldn’t Wilson play FB in NSW Cup if there’s people considering him for FB in fg? Rather see how he went there than have another Casey disaster. Maybe let Papalii play flegg for a few games if he’s eligible