Opinion Wilson new fullback

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put Burton at Fullback. He is quick. As a half his ball playing is average but is perfect for a fullback. His game & style still match a centre more than a 5/8. But he is definitely NOT a halfback. This experiment at 7 is pointless.

Time to mix things up this week.

1. Burton
2. Kiraz
3. Averillo
4. Alomoti
5. JAC
6. KO
7. Rajab
8. Pele - start building his minutes
9. Reed
10. King - he needs a rest but there is nobody else unfortunately. We need a busted King playing.
11. Okunbor
12. Preston
13. Edwards
14. Brown
15. Skeleton
16. Hughes
17. TPJ

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Put Burton at Fullback. He is quick. As a half his ball playing is average but is perfect for a fullback. His game & style still match a centre more than a 5/8. But he is definitely NOT a halfback. This experiment at 7 is pointless.

1. Burton
2. Kiraz
3. Averillo
4. Alomoti
5. JAC
6. KO
7. Rajab
9. Reed
10. King - he needs a rest but there is nobody else unfortunately. We need a busted King playing.
11. Okunbor
12. Preston
13. Edwards
14. Brown
15. Skeleton
16. Hughes
17. TPJ
Pele is a lost cause, his effort in NSW cup was terrible. The bloke does not want to defend.

Mikey202b

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
Reaction score

1. Burton
2. Kiraz
3. Averillo
4. Alomoti
5. JAC
6. KO
7. Rajab
9. Reed
11. Okunbor
12. Preston
13. Edwards
14. Brown
15. Skeleton
16. Hughes
17. TPJ
I LOVE THIS TEAM!
BURTON still can play LIKE A 5/8 but pick his moments.

Look at perham he probably touches the ball more than BURTON.

So he will still be in the game. Open play running.

Ko and Rajab will kill it in the halves as they have proved all year in NSW CUP!

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't mind the idea of Wilson at fullback, but it's a big ask of him.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He took a massive step in that direction after his debut

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Put him in, he was outstanding today…cant watch perham anymore
Worst fullback in the comp
I had a look at his highlights after announcing his signature I was convinced that we have found our future fullback,
Some friends thought it's an over exaggeration from me...
Now, I believe it's time for him to step up and be the 1.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
That highlights vid is pretty good, can he cut it in the heavy duty big time?
Could help change the year.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I had a look at his highlights after announcing his signature I was convinced that we have found our future fullback,
Some friends thought it's an over exaggeration from me...
Now, I believe it's time for him to step up and be the 1.
Same. I saw those Youtube highlights after we signed him and thought this guy could really turn into something special

I think he showed on his debut he is definitely an NRL standard player

I really hope CC puts him at fullback with JAC back on the wing this week

Perham has had all pre-season and 10 rounds at fullback and has showed that he isn't NRL standard, and I can't see him getting better. He looks like he is Flanagan 2.0 in that he just doesn't have it, so lets not waste any more time on him.

I'm sure within a couple of games Wilson will contribute so much more to our team than Perham has all season.

Wilson would give us some strike from the back and heaven forbid we need all the attacking options we can get

I know Papalii is also coming through but he is still a kid. Let him find his feet and star in the NSW Cup before promoting him

Wilson already has a couple of QLD Cup seasons under his belt and is ready to go

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The saying goes, if you don't succeed try again.We have tried it ten times this year without success. Need to try players in different positions otherwise nothing will change.A spanner in the works. 1. Blake Wilson. 2 Jacob Kiraz. 3. Paul Alamoti 4. Jake Averillo. 5 Fox. 6 Matt Burton. 7 Reed Mahoney. 8. Samuel Hughes. 9 Fa'amanu Brown. 10 Max King. 11. Jacob Preston. 12. Tevita Pangai Jnr. 13. Ryan Sutton. 14 Karl Oloapu . 15. Jayden Okunbor. 16 Franklin Pele. 17 Corey Wadell.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
At this point in time and given his experience at fullback up until this year, what have we got to lose?

I believe he is signed up with us for next year and could possibly give us the fullback we need for the rest of the year and perhaps next year depending on SC.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I know Wilson was named at fullback in reserve grade, did he play there? Did he go any good?